factory reseted with clockwork mod recovery now stuck in clockworkmod recovery loop (im a noob)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
ignore that. it loaded but I did the thing for an lg optimus s. I tried scrolling down it wouldn't let me. I tried hitting the back button but that confirmed it. what now?
hmm well if the OS version installed you should still be in good and it should still have the fix boot loop option.

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
thanks so much! don't leave yet and sorry if im taking you away from the superbowl haha. im on the screen to boot android, zip flashing, factory reset, preflash wipe, nandroid, partition management, cot options and power oiptions. what now?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
thanks so much! don't leave yet and sorry if im taking you away from the superbowl haha. im on the screen to boot android, zip flashing, factory reset, preflash wipe, nandroid, partition management, cot options and power oiptions. what now?
cot options-quick fixes i think is where the fix boot loop option is.

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
ok just fixed it I guess. now after this, its rebooted into a custom rom I think. it asks to set up a few things, then I hit use phone, and it says the application com.android.lgsetupwizard (process com.android.lgsetupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. try again.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
cool, from there just to be safe i'd boot back to recovery and flash the universal installer again but choose the Optimus V this time. after that maybe look into getting a new Rom

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
To OP: Alll Riiight. Glad o see it's working.
To thewraith420: Great job! will put this thread in my list of recovery loop fixes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

William Baker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering because its been driving me nuts: Is my device rooted? It's got superuser, but the main reason I did it was so I could delete all of the internal bloatware like airG chat and stuff. I have access to the folder system>app>(all of the system apps and bloatware) but I cant delete them because "the file system is read only". What do I do?
and I also forgot where to go to create another thread lol

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Download ES File Explorer.
In the settings menu scroll down to the root settings and select the two settings to allow it to perform root functions. Then select the R/W function which will allow you to make changes to any system file or folder.
Caution: Make sure you back up your ROM in the recovery before making any changes.
Memory is getting bad,will have to download and go thru settings for a more thorough explanation. It's the best free root file manager. The all time best is Root Explorer, which is worth the money.

Edit:
File settings- show hidden files.
View-details.
Home directory-Delete everything but the first /
Root Settings- Check Root Explorer and Up to Root.
When ready to make changes check the Mount File System box. When done uncheck.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Now I'll just have to download and compare.
Thanks for info.

Edit: Wow! Root Browser Lite blows ES File Explorer out of the water.
If it could decompile the framework.jar, not just extract it, I would never need a desktop.

I'm really hoping someone will eventually come up with an app that figures out how to basically do what APK Tool and APK MultiTool can due, but on the phone.

Last edited:

puffidredz

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
cot options-quick fixes i think is where the fix boot loop option is.

thx. this fixed my phone. had the same problem as OP. and to think i had my phone just sitting in the closet for the last year because i thought i perma-bricked it.
when all else i tried failed, this COT fix, fixed it in 5 minutes. :D

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Now that you have a recovery on your phone, you can flash a much better rom!

I recommend mgr666's excellent gingerbread rom. Flashing this will solve all your bloatware problems, battery drain problems, not having enough space for applications, and a host of other things.

It's all well documented in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...hacks/179602-rom-kernel-mirage-cm7-2-iho.html

If you decide to do it, read all his posts at the top of the thread, not just the first one - they contain very useful information. I second his recommendation to use link2sd - it will automatically move everything that can be to the SD card. Thanks to this I have many more applications than would fit on the phone with froyo and space is not a problem.

You'll be amazed at how much better this phone can work with a good rom on it!

swalt722

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I need the secret method please. My Lg Optimus V is bricked, stuck in recovery mode but none of the options on the screen such as mounts and storage or reboot system now work. I can't power off phone without removing battery, Also phone not currently activated through Virgin, trying to restore stock rom to reactivate. Please help if there's any way you can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet