Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AndyOpie150
  • 1 Post By Redchigh
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck in 1x /or/ can roms improve data transfer?

When I got my phone, I got 3G occassionally, but my battery wouldn't last at all.

I rooted and flashed bobzhome cm 7.2 Rom.
    Now my battery lasts way longer, but I never seem to get 3G coverage anywhere. Is it my imagination?

Can Roms affect your radio, or affect data in some other way?
    If so, can someone reccomend a rom that might boost my signal?

Also, where can I find this nandroid backup thing I keep hearing about? I got lucky on my first flash... lol. I don't want to press my luck if I flash again.

The two I've heard may improve signal are Kraven's JB and Bumblebee resurrected.
    Thanks.

Oh, and is this what this screen should look like, or does bobzhome not completely fix the twenty bug?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stuck in 1x  /or/ can roms improve data transfer?-screenshot-1359099330741.png   Stuck in 1x  /or/ can roms improve data transfer?-screenshot-1359104496739.png  

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Default Re: Stuck in 1x /or/ can roms improve data transfer?

Idk about your signal, but nandroid backup is an option in most clockworkmod based recoveries. If you reboot to recovery, and go to backup, that is a nandroid.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by upconvert; 01-28-2013 at 07:04 AM.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Try this flashable scipt to improve your data signal strength: https://www.box.com/shared/a6b9efee61b8df89b3c2.
    I'm in an area that gets poor 3G and even during peak usuge hours terrible 1X.
    It helped a little.
    You won't see a drastic change no matter what you do unless you move from the area your in.

In your recovery the volume up/down controls the scrolling.
    If you have a ClockworkMod recovery the camera button is used to make selections (Xionia recovery uses the menu or home button depending on the version).

Take the zlp out of the download folder and put it with all the other folders. Depending on your file manager it will put it in alphabetical order of put it under the list of folders.

In your recovery select the "wipe cache partition" optlon.
    Then go to the "advanced" section and select the "wipe dalvik cache" option.
    When done hit the back button to get back to the main recovery menu.

Select the "install zip from sd card" option. Then the "select zip from sd card" option.
    Now scroll to the zip and choose it. Scroll up to get to yes faster and select it. When it's finished hit the back button and select to rebboot system.

Hopefully you will see a slight improvement in your data signal.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    bjzapp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Try this flashable scipt to improve your data signal strength: https://www.box.com/shared/a6b9efee61b8df89b3c2.
    I'm in an area that gets poor 3G and even during peak usuge hours terrible 1X.
    It helped a little.
    You won't see a drastic change no matter what you do unless you move from the area your in.

In your recovery the volume up/down controls the scrolling.
    If you have a ClockworkMod recovery the camera button is used to make selections (Xionia recovery uses the menu or home button depending on the version).

Take the zlp out of the download folder and put it with all the other folders. Depending on your file manager it will put it in alphabetical order of put it under the list of folders.

In your recovery select the "wipe cache partition" optlon.
    Then go to the "advanced" section and select the "wipe dalvik cache" option.
    When done hit the back button to get back to the main recovery menu.

Select the "install zip from sd card" option. Then the "select zip from sd card" option.
    Now scroll to the zip and choose it. Scroll up to get to yes faster and select it. When it's finished hit the back button and select to rebboot system.

Hopefully you will see a slight improvement in your data signal.

Will that work on any rom

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Also, what is that? A radio upgrade? If I flash a new Rom, will I have to reflash whatever that is?
    bjzapp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redchigh View Post
    Also, what is that? A radio upgrade? If I flash a new Rom, will I have to reflash whatever that is?
    Its not a radio update its just a tweak and every time you flash a rom you have to flash it

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

+1.
    Hit the nail right on the head.