- 1 Posts
Wrong recovery on Optimus V. Need Help!!
Hello this is my first post in the forum. im not really a noob when it comes to rooting, flashing, etc. but i cant seem to figure this one out. i accidentally flashed cwm recovery 18.104.22.168 on my optimus v from Rom manager (i know big mistake). but since this recovery isnt made for the v i cant select anything in recovery mode to flash a new recovery or rom and trying to boot the phone normally results in a boot loop. ive tried using adb to flash a new recovery to no avail. Someone please help me fix this phone so i can actually use it as something other than a coaster.
- 01-26-2013, 04:32 PM #2
- 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM #3
- 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM #4
- 1,256 Posts
Re: Wrong recovery on Optimus V. Need Help!!
go to the Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks sub -forum.
Scroll down till you see the the ZenGarden recovery.
Download the zipped version and put onto the root of the SD card. Leave it zipped.
Make sure you have a ROM zip (and Gapps if needed) on the SD card as well, as the current ROM probably got borked too.
From the recovery:
Flash the recovery zip.
Then go to the advanced section and choose to reboot recovery.
It will boot into the ZenGarden recovery.
I can't remember exactly where in the menu, but it has a fix recovery loop option. Select it then go to the wipe options and select eveything once.
Flash ROM (and Gapps if needed). Rebbot.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
- By jacob.bowers in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2012, 12:55 PM
- By Juteboxzero in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2011, 03:17 AM
- By coldcrush390 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 5Last Post: 04-05-2011, 07:11 AM
- By BrownHornet72 in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2010, 12:29 AM
- By VKitty in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 12Last Post: 07-07-2010, 11:32 AM