Need help moving data to partition for more apps

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

So I made a 1 gb partition in CWM with 32mb swap size. I have no idea what to do next. When I try to link the 2nd partition using link2sd I'm told "the second partition cannot be mounted automatically at boot". Is this because I'm running the wrong rom? I'm running the latest Harmonia rom. Should I switch to OM-Mandylion??

Thanks in advance!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The SD card partition is formatted to ext.3 by the recovery. All the ICS and Jellybean ROMs like that format. The latest MiRaGe will for sure (running it myself). I'm not positive, but I'm almost sure the Mandylion will work with that format.

Note: Link2SD works best with a 1.5-2GB partition. Rule of thumb though is to never make the partition larger than 20% of the actual usable space.

More info on the ROM your running and the size of the sd card would be appreciated.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The SD card partition is formatted to ext.3 by the recovery. All the ICS and Jellybean ROMs like that format. The latest MiRaGe will for sure (running it myself). I'm not positive, but I'm almost sure the Mandylion will work with that format.

Note: Link2SD works best with a 1.5-2GB partition. Rule of thumb though is to never make the partition larger than 20% of the actual usable space.

More info on the ROM your running and the size of the sd card would be appreciated.

I have a Samsung 8GB Class 2 card with 1Gb ext. 3. I am running Harmonia 2.09.

I'm going to partition to 2GB and see what happens.

When I check the card's partitions on my computer, it show's a "FAT 32", a "ext 3", and a "other" that is 60 MB with nothing on it. Is that "other" partition suppose to be there?

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
There's your problem.
Harmonia2 doesn't play well with ext.3 format.

Go to CNET and download Mini Tool Partition Wizard.
Put the SD card into computer with the adapter or a card reader. Backup all data.
You can format just the partition to FAT32, ext.2, or ext.4. This shouldn't delete any user data on the SD cards main partition.

Note: What ever nandroid backup you make with the partition format you choose will only work for that format. If later you want to try an ICS or Jellybean ROM (they work best with ext.3) then you wouldn't be able to use that nandroid until after reformatting back to the format used for that backup.
I personally think you would be better off keeping partition formatted to ext.3 and trying the MiRaGe ROM (I'm currently using it) , then later when you want to try an ICS or Jellybean ROM you won't neef to make all them changes.

PS:
Check with the Dev of the Mandylion ROM and see what works for his ROM (doesn't need Link2SD, it's got built in partition support).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci