Lg Optimus V Infinite Clockworkmod boot cycle

matterlord1

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So i got a new phone and was going to give my old optimus v to my friend. i had personal data on there so i went to factory erase it in privacy settings, it rebooted (i thought this was normal at the time) and it opened the clockwork mod menu. I had the stock ROM for it from a previous flash so i just tried to flash that ROM, it installed successfully and i rebooted the device from the menu. The LG logo started and once again to the clockwork mod.

I tried several different ROMs and spent a good 7 hours scouring forums in search of a fix and I am hoping that someone here can help me with this issue.

And also on a less important note and why I'm giving my phone to my friend is his ZTE Warp "exploded" as he put it, I haven't actually seen it but he said the battery contacts were burnt, the screen was cracked and the battery door flew several feet in the other direction. i have never heard of this happening especially with just about every newer phone having overvolting protection.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You need to install a custom recovery with the "bootloop fix"

Zen gardens, xionia, and cot all have it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It's not just a matter of installing the recovery, it's how you insall it.

It has to be flashed thru the messed up recovery.

Download a ziped recovery with the "fix recovery loop" option like Zengarden, put it on the root of the sd card.
Once card is in phone, boot into recovery. Go to the "install zip from sd card" option and flash the ziped version of ZenGarden like you would a ROM.

When done go back to recovery menu and choose the advanced options. Select to reboot recovery.
After it boots into the ZenGarden find the "fix recovery loop" option and apply.
Flash new ROM (and Gapps if needed).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

And also on a less important note and why I'm giving my phone to my friend is his ZTE Warp "exploded" as he put it, I haven't actually seen it but he said the battery contacts were burnt, the screen was cracked and the battery door flew several feet in the other direction. i have never heard of this happening especially with just about every newer phone having overvolting protection.

This is a common problem with cheap knockoff batteries... there is no built-in protection as with OEM batteries.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not just a matter of installing the recovery, it's how you insall it.

It has to be flashed thru the messed up recovery.

Download a ziped recovery with the "fix recovery loop" option like Zengarden, put it on the root of the sd card.
Once card is in phone, boot into recovery. Go to the "install zip from sd card" option and flash the ziped version of ZenGarden like you would a ROM.

When done go back to recovery menu and choose the advanced options. Select to reboot recovery.
After it boots into the ZenGarden find the "fix recovery loop" option and apply.
Flash new ROM (and Gapps if needed).

????

Man that seems difficult

Sent from my HTC EVO V using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It may seem difficult, but it's not near as difficult as saving a stone cold brick.

In the past two years this has proven to be the most effective way to save a phone from a recovery loop.

If you have stumbled on a better way, by all means let use know.

The only other way that might could be tried is updating with the ZV9 update. That has not been proven or even tested. Might make matters worse.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It may seem difficult, but it's not near as difficult as saving a stone cold brick.

In the past two years this has proven to be the most effective way to save a phone from a recovery loop.

If you have stumbled on a better way, by all means let use know.

The only other way that might could be tried is updating with the ZV9 update. That has not been proven or even tested. Might make matters worse.

One of the things I've notices is that if in a recovery-loop and trying to fix it with multiple install of ROM zips sometimes causes more problems to where even the fix boot-loop option does not work; but I suspect it has more to do with the recovery used and have seen it more with either CWM 3.x or CWM4.x.

matterlord1

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
could someone send me a link to one of those bootloop fixes?
And Adamhos i upgraded to the ONE V as well, have you tried using hotspot on it yet?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It's usually under advanced, then fix recovery boot loop in Xionia.
And if using Zengarden, advanced, debugging, quick fixes, then fix recovery boot loop

If you can get adb going, this does the same thing

Code:
adb shell erase_image misc
 adb shell erase_image persist
 adb reboot

Last edited:

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Btw don't flash the radio update with the zen garden recovery, use bobzhomes recovery

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I'm sure glad you caught that. Flashing the ZV9 update with anything other than a CWMod recovery ( BobZohme modified is included) or the Xionia recovery, could cause a brick.
I'll delete that info from that post.

Thanks for catching that.

To OP: Try flashing the Xionia recovery in it's zipped form found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html it's at the very bottom of the first post under: attachment.

Then if the fix recovery loop option doesn't work try flashing the ZV9 security update found here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/563443-how-flash-zv9-update-step-step.html.
Make sure to flash it once in the custom recovery and once in the new stock recovery.

Last edited:

shimmy50

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I just flashed that Zv9 update zip, got stuck in boot loop, then while reading your posts pulled out the sd card, rebooted, stock came up with no problems.......

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Glad to see it worked.
Which recovery did you install it with? Don't forget to install with stock recovery as well.

If you want to root the ZV9, then go here: EManU3LXXX Optimus V Root.zip
Try the "even more mirrors" first

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12