Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adamhos
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [SOLVED] [Virgin Mobile Optimus V] Majorly failed and I need stock APK's

Phone is rooted I used SuperOneClick

Okay so I messed up and deleted some system APK's WITHOUT backing up anything and I can't find where to download them so I can replace them anywhere...

Sent from my cat using Virgin Mobile Optimus V VM670
    Last edited by HOME_WORK; 02-06-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Default Re: DESPERATE!!!! [Virgin Mobile Optimus V] Majorly failed and I need stock APK's

does your phone still boot up? What files did you delete? did you install a recovery?

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: DESPERATE!!!! [Virgin Mobile Optimus V] Majorly failed and I need stock APK's

If you don't want to install a custom ROM then your better off installing the Virgin Mobile ZV9 security update. Then use a Windows computer, the Android SDK with the path to the adb.exe set properly and the Java jdk6 with the path and class path to the java.exe set properly. Then the EManU3LXX root zip to root. Then you will still need to install a custom flash_image to flash a custom recovery, so you can make a backup of that clean stock ROM.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My phone boots and everything it's just that I got rid of LGhiddenmenue, SprintHiddenmenu, Hiddenmenu, and VPNpreferences along with boatware like POYNT, TwiDroid, Mail (not gmail just the system default) and a few others I can't remember. I didn't make a backup (I know it was dumb) so I was wondering if there's any way of getting the stock APK's and pasting them back?

Sent from my cat using LGVM670

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Go to /system/app and write down what you got in that folder and I'll check to see everything your missing. I might be able to find a stock ROM to pull the apk's from that your missing that are essential.

I still think youd be better with a custom ROM. You sill need the recovery for shure first.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Download the harmonia zip for froyo 1.xx, then pull those apks and paste them in your system/app folder, make sure permissions and ownership is set correctly (root browser lite works great for this)

Don't install them, just copy then reboot....all should be good

Sent from my HTC EVO V using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Where can I get the Harmonia zip?

Sent by my cat using LGVM670

Harmonia 1.xx

Sent from my HTC EVO V using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    HOME_WORK likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Anyone know how I can change the name of this thread so it says [SOLVED]

Sent by my cat using LGVM670

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Click edit on your first post and change the title.
    Thanked by:

Also: if you couldn't fix it, it's inside some of the system folders just look around with a file manager.