Undervolting

royalpig180

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey all--

I'm new to the world of rooting/custom ROMs. I've got an old optimus v that I figured I'd play around with as I just got a new Nexus 4 and am no longer using the optimus as my primary phone.

I want to experiment with undervolting on my optimus, partially beacuse i'm considering doing it on my Nexus to deal with heat/battery issues, and i'd like to try it out on a phone I care less about first.
Right now I'm running BobZhome's 4.1.2/CM10 rom (http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/201769-rom-wip-cm10-0-0-rc0-bobz.html)

What do I need to do to be able to modify CPU voltages? I downloaded Voltage Control (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...VreGFuLnZvbHRhZ2Vjb250cm9sIl0.&token=FtohJLJg), but it doesn't give me the options I see on its screenshots in the play store to modify voltages at various clock speeds. I take it this is because the kernel i'm running doesn't include support for undervolting. Is this correct? If so, what kernel can I run with this ROM to support undervolting? Do I need to change ROMs?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new to rooting...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Set CPU is probably the best kernel controlling app out there. Worth the couple bucks from the Play Store.

FWIW if certain options still don't appear then it usually means the kernel your using doesn't support that particular option to modify.

Also, under volting isn't a big risk. Worst thing that happens is you get lock ups or reboot due to not enough juice. Over clocking especially to limits way beyond your stock processor settings is where you can do damage to your device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

royalpig180

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Set CPU is probably the best kernel controlling app out there. Worth the couple bucks from the Play Store.

FWIW if certain options still don't appear then it usually means the kernel your using doesn't support that particular option to modify.

Also, under volting isn't a big risk. Worst thing that happens is you get lock ups or reboot due to not enough juice. Over clocking especially to limits way beyond your stock processor settings is where you can do damage to your device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I installed SetCPU, but I don't see the voltages tab... Do i need a different kernel? Suggestions?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's going to be possible. The only rom that I have seen that even has the option is the slim bean rom from theKraven, and that doesn't even work. It just says error getting values. You can read around for other kernels, but I haven't seen any. Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've been wrong plenty of times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12