1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I change my gmail "Accounts and Sync settings" to a new user?

I want to give my rooted phone to my wife. I want to delete my gmail account and input hers. When I try to remove my account it says...

"This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings applications, under privacy."

I know I am not to do a factory restore. This sounds like a factory restore. Can anyone help me? Here's some info on my phone:

Kernal: 2.6.32.9 Bumblebee
    Build: FRG83 R B2
    VM670
    Android Version 2.2.1

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: How can I change my gmail "Accounts and Sync settings" to a new user?

Have you tried just flashing a fresh ROM and then just signing in to her Google account?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How can I change my gmail "Accounts and Sync settings" to a new user?

That usually happens when you have purchased apps installed. Try uninstalling them and then remove your account.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by p-knut View Post
    I want to give my rooted phone to my wife. I want to delete my gmail account and input hers. When I try to remove my account it says...

"This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings applications, under privacy."

I know I am not to do a factory restore. This sounds like a factory restore. Can anyone help me? Here's some info on my phone:

VM670
    Android Version 2.2.1
    You can wipe the data, cache, dalvik cache in recovery mode ( same thing factory reset does, but the safe way on a rooted phone)

Sent from my HTC EVO V using Android Central Forums

You can have more than one Gmail account at active. So, why not just add hers, and THEN remove yours?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks everyone. I'm a major noob.

@ klokateer123 I think I will try your method first, sounds the easiest. But if it does not work...I guess I will have to flash the ROM or wipe the cache.
    @ adamhos & @ AndyOpie150
    do you have a link on how I can get to the recovery mode? I'll see if I can find it as well. Thanks everyone for your help.....
    @ flywithlloyd I tried that, it does not work. Thanks.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Hold HOME+VOLUME DOWN then POWER. All at the same time, until you see the LG logo.
    What recovery do you have?
    Xionia uses the home or menu button to make selections( it varies depending on the download site). If you hit the home bottom and you get a blank/black screen, just hit it again then use the menu button.
    The rest currently for the V that use just hard buttons use the camera button to make selections.
    Touch screen recoverys use the virtual button to the far right.

Note: You can use the wipe data/factory reset option from the custom recovery.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

@AndyOpie150 Perfect! I did it. Thanks very much. Now i'm reading on the site about putting in a different ROM. I hope I don't screw it up
    Man, you guys are all awesome....thanks again!

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Read this : .
    Let the page fully load. The tutorial is in post #22.
    Go to step 7.

For Root users only
    Download ES FILE EXPLORER or ROOT EXPLORER from Google Play
    Then go to INTERNALMEMORY/data/system/ and Delete Accounts.db file
    Restart your phone and Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by p-knut View Post

VM670
    Android Version 2.2.1

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Thanks for getting this thread back on track.
    Excellent info as well.

Note: Root Browser lite is the best free root file manager.
    Root Explorer is the best root file manager.

Can someone also help me with my lg optimus US-670.please