ICS and JB reboot randomly. Any ideas?

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried several flavors.. . (CAI, quattrimus, bobzhome, slimrom)

Slimjb and bobs jb are the most stable, but still reboot (usually when im typing a long post)

The cpu maxes out, everything freezes, then it reboots.

Amphetemines and/or overclocking makes them more unstable.

I forget which recovery i use, but its orange text with andy in the background.

I have a sd_ext... any ideas?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Set your minimum cpu speed to 480.

I've tried several flavors.. . (CAI, quattrimus, bobzhome, slimrom)

Slimjb and bobs jb are the most stable, but still reboot (usually when im typing a long post)

The cpu maxes out, everything freezes, then it reboots.

Amphetemines and/or overclocking makes them more unstable.

I forget which recovery i use, but its orange text with andy in the background.

I have a sd_ext... any ideas?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try reformating the sd ext to ext.3.
I would use Mini Tool Partition Wizard.
If you already have the partition formated to ext.3, but, you created the partition on the computer then download and install BootIt to the computer.
Use it, and only it, to wipe the SD card clean of the partition (Mini Tool and Utilities like it will only bork the sd card even worse). Select yes to all prompts.

Then put sd card back in phone and select the erase option in the storage setting.
Reboot into recovery and make the partition with that option (it formats the partition to ext.3). If in a ClockworkMod recovery go to the advanced section. If in COT or ZenGarden you will have to dig into the menu a little, but it is there.

Note: You can only use no more than 20% of the actual usable space on the sd card for the partition. This means you will need at least an 8GB card, as the sd ext scripts and apps require at least a 1GB partition with 2GB being optimal.
One reason I now have a 16GB sd card.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that was easy. Ill post in a couple hours and let you know if it worked.

Should i try amphetemines if so?

I haven't had much luck with amphetamines on jb roms. I don't know if it makes a difference on ics roms, but at least it doesn't break them.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! It's been a while since I checked back here but I wanted to put a couple of ideas out there. I really think PACman rom is worth working on, I'm using it on my other devices and I refuse to use anything else. It's a hybrid of Paranoid Android, AOKP, and CM, all-in-one!

Other than that SlimBeam is also really worthwhile :)

Sent from my LG-E739 running PACman ICS using Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! It's been a while since I checked back here but I wanted to put a couple of ideas out there. I really think PACman rom is worth working on, I'm using it on my other devices and I refuse to use anything else. It's a hybrid of Paranoid Android, AOKP, and CM, all-in-one!

Other than that SlimBeam is also really worthwhile :)

Sent from my LG-E739 running PACman ICS using Tapatalk 2

Could not agree more. theKraven's PAC ROM build is amazing. It works so well for a first build. I've been on it for almost a week, and I still love just looking at it. It over clocks well. I have had a rr maybe once a day, and occasionally I get stuck on the boot animation, but if I pull battery and hold power for 30 seconds, then it fires right back up. Small issues for a first build, and theKraven has a clear track record for fixing bugs and putting out new builds. If people get behind the PAC ROM, I would think that more builds will come.

The options menu is so insanely deep. All of the cm, AOKP, and pa options are there, and everything I've tried has worked (obviously not native tethering, but everything else). It sounds like it might be bloated, but it is so snappy and fast. I have 7 or 8 widgets and the desktops fly off my fingertips. Old school voice search works well enough, and Google now works except for the voice search.

With cronmod's fixed int2ext+ script, I have plenty of room for apps, and they open quickly.

I thought I couldn't be surprised by my ov again. I have never been so wrong.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I love slimbean now... Its my daily...

I was thinking about trying a new ROM though for S&G's... I think I'll download both JBC and PAC and give them a spin. :)

I think I'm a compulsive flasher...

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well....My name is AndyOpie150 and I'm a flash-a-holic. I really don't know just how it happened, but I am. Looking forward to all the support from RFA to help me with my addiction.
Is that coffee free?

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I love slimbean now... Its my daily...

I was thinking about trying a new ROM though for S&G's... I think I'll download both JBC and PAC and give them a spin. :)

I think I'm a compulsive flasher...

Definitely try the PAC Rom it's amazing

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Agreed! Pac-rom is awesome. I was thinking cai was the best we could get on this phone but PAC-rom has been a pleasant surprise. I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

Tapatalk'n it Pac-rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

nus

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
In on PAC now, but i cant get the SD ext to show up. Any ideas?

Edit
About to try the new PAC update... Wish me luck...

I don't have an answer to your question, but it's extremely slow on my OV. Did you change any of the performance settings to make it bearable?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
In on PAC now, but i cant get the SD ext to show up. Any ideas?

Edit
About to try the new PAC update... Wish me luck...

There's a link to fixed INT2EXT for jb 4.2.2 somewhere in the pac thread... Google could probably find it

Tapatalk'n it Pac-rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an answer to your question, but it's extremely slow on my OV. Did you change any of the performance settings to make it bearable?

I'm running 806 / 480 smartass v2 also try a different launcher trebuchet seemed slow to me. I'm running adw ex but that's just preference.

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I could also note that I flashed EarthnFire78s rngd-urandom-tool and redBarrons amphetamines. After flashing things seemed slow for a bit but once they settled in its now fast and smooth as ever. The biggest thing I notice is some keyboard opening lag

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

nus

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I could also note that I flashed EarthnFire78s rngd-urandom-tool and redBarrons amphetamines. After flashing things seemed slow for a bit but once they settled in its now fast and smooth as ever. The biggest thing I notice is some keyboard opening lag

I experienced issues with the keyboard too. Most often the keys at the bottom wouldn't respond for a good 5-10 seconds (specifically symbols/delete/return).

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you turned off haptic feedback?

Question: Has anybody experienced the system UI stopping. Three times now when I have everything setup after rebooting for the third time with only 480MHz min/768MHz max on the CPU, just as I go to reboot into recovery to backup and hit the power management, I get: System UI has stopped unexpectedly.
Any Ideas?

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I experienced issues with the keyboard too. Most often the keys at the bottom wouldn't respond for a good 5-10 seconds (specifically symbols/delete/return).

That's because of the pie feature, turn it off in the settings

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2