Shortcut to overclocking

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to make a homepage shortcut to the overclocking settings? I only overclock for checking the free app in amazon app store because their app is ridiculously CPU intensive. Btw, is there a amazon app store aternative?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If your using a cm-7 ROM you could use "No-frills CPU control". It doesn't seem to conflict with the CyanogenMod/Performance/CPU control.
If on ICS or Jellybean I can't say.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
SetCPU has a nice widget that shows your min/max speed as well as some other stuff. Clicking it brings up the full controls. I've used it on gb and ics roms; haven't tried it on jb.

Gpd54

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to make a homepage shortcut to the overclocking settings? I only overclock for checking the free app in amazon app store because their app is ridiculously CPU intensive. Btw, is there a amazon app store aternative?

It's up to you, but just passing this along:

In any case, your min cpu should be set to 480Mhz on the OV. There is apparently no power saving benefit to setting it lower on the OV processor.
As far as the max, in general (not just on OV), there is a school of thought that it should be set high so that apps can do what they need to do faster so cpu can ramp down sooner. There are various cpu governors to pick from so your cpu doesn't just sit at the max until your battery is dead, though it will be there if needed without having to do anything. ; )

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The best setting for saving battery, but getting performance is 480MHz min and 768MHz max (give or take a setting either way) with the interactive governor.