Firefox is now available for the V

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
In case some of you fell asleep and haven't looked at browser's in the PlayStore in a while Firefox can now be downloaded to the V.

I posted info here because it mentioned they had decreased the CPU requirements from 800MHz to 600MHz. The stock V's Max is 600MHz and might have glitches and force clorsures.
Not so with a Custom ROM at over 700MHz though.

Have been testing for a week now and other than it being a bit annoying to initially navigate and set up, it seems alright.
Haven't tested to see if it has the proper codec installed to render videos properly yet as I'm using a slow 3G connection and it probably wouldn't give proper results anyway.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah and it works pretty well too, actually it's been available for a while via the aurora channel, this current version is just the first stable release that works for the v

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Haven't tried it on mobile....and really don't have the need to but,
I'm thinkin Opera is still highly recommended and pronounced(fast/light) for our phones.

Just my .02

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Opera mini when on a 3G connection to post here and other forums. When I'm on a WiFi connection, and or, need to download a ROM or other large zip file then Opera Mini fails to download properly.
For that I use Dolphin Browser. Haven't tried Firefox yet to download a ROM.zip on 3G yet, but will now have to test tonight when I get my fastest speeds, just to see if it can.

Edit: Totally forgot. Will try tonight.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried Firefox Beta on my V a few weeks ago. It's an okay browser, but still a bit hefty in size. Lately, I've been trying virtually every browser out there, since I was growing dissatisfied with the performance and rendering of Opera Mobile. I still have Opera Mini, since it's great for low-connection situations. I am eagerly anticipating the new Webkit-based Opera Mobile. Sounds like they're going to iron out some of those old bugs.

Lately, in seeking out a replacement, I've tried just about every browser out there, including UC, Boat, Maxthon, Dolphin and a few others. I settled on Dolphin Mini for now, but I'm not all that crazy about it (why don't browsers make it easy to import bookmarks?). But until the new Opera comes out, I'll have to make do.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried Firefox Beta on my V a few weeks ago. It's an okay browser, but still a bit hefty in size. Lately, I've been trying virtually every browser out there, since I was growing dissatisfied with the performance and rendering of Opera Mobile. I still have Opera Mini, since it's great for low-connection situations. I am eagerly anticipating the new Webkit-based Opera Mobile. Sounds like they're going to iron out some of those old bugs.

Lately, in seeking out a replacement, I've tried just about every browser out there, including UC, Boat, Maxthon, Dolphin and a few others. I settled on Dolphin Mini for now, but I'm not all that crazy about it (why don't browsers make it easy to import bookmarks?). But until the new Opera comes out, I'll have to make do.

Do you know when the new Opera browser will be released?

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, as it states, it's only in beta.

And it's not exactly ready for prime time. Lots of bugs, no Opera Sync, and some other issues. It's also rather hefty in size, the first release was twice as big as Firefox.

Beta yes, but it is out

Sent from the beyond

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca