[Kernel][android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x][bigsuperkernel-3.08]

rig99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Kernel][android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x (3.0.8)]

With beta2b and test55 wifi does not work on optimus s. Screen stays stuck on "Turning on wifi" and never finds any networks. Also OS-keyswap.zip for optimus s does not work - my keys are still swapped.

I restored my JBC build 6 install, wiped cache and dalvik, installed test55 kernel, then os-keyswap. Am I doing something wrong?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

With beta2b and test55 wifi does not work on optimus s. Screen stays stuck on "Turning on wifi" and never finds any networks. Also OS-keyswap.zip for optimus s does not work - my keys are still swapped.

I restored my JBC build 6 install, wiped cache and dalvik, installed test55 kernel, then os-keyswap. Am I doing something wrong?

In short... Yes your doing something wrong but I'm not sure what.. The keyswap is easy if the first one don't work try the alternate posted in the op. Wifi... I'm not sure.. It should work, Mine does.

Tapatalk'n Squid style! Android 4.2.2 JBC on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

maybe try flashing 2b twice, or mount system in recovery before flashing.
the kernel is flashing but not wifi module.
you can also extract wireless.ko from the zip,
adb remount & adb push wireless.ko /system/lib/modules/

rig99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

maybe try flashing 2b twice, or mount system in recovery before flashing.
the kernel is flashing but not wifi module.
you can also extract wireless.ko from the zip,
adb remount & adb push wireless.ko /system/lib/modules/

Well now I've got wifi working with beta2b but it doesn't charge anymore. I've turned off wifi, bluetooth, gps, plugged into the wall, let it sleep for 5 minutes, cycled the screen off and on. The charge just keeps going down. I know the beta2b kernel installed too because the keys are switched.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

bigsupersquid, i'm using your kernel source in trying to build cm11 off androidarmv6's repo and i got threw a lot of issues but i think this one is kernel related and i'm sort of stuck. can you tell me if this makes any sence to you.

target thumb C++: libart-compiler <= art/compiler/image_writer.cc
target thumb C++: libart-compiler <= art/compiler/oat_writer.cc
target thumb C++: libart-compiler <= art/compiler/vector_output_stream.cc
target thumb C++: libart-compiler <= /home/bob/android/armv6/cm11/out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libart-compiler_intermediates/dex/compiler_enums_operator_out.cc
target asm: libart <= art/runtime/arch/arm/jni_entrypoints_arm.S
target asm: libart <= art/runtime/arch/arm/portable_entrypoints_arm.S
target asm: libart <= art/runtime/arch/arm/quick_entrypoints_arm.S
target arm C++: libart <= art/runtime/atomic.cc
/tmp/cc57A9Dh.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cc57A9Dh.s:70: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `ldrexd r2,r3,[r0]'
/tmp/cc57A9Dh.s:107: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `ldrexd r4,r5,[r0]'
/tmp/cc57A9Dh.s:108: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `strexd r1,r2,r3,[r0]'
/tmp/cc57A9Dh.s:149: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `ldrexd r4,r5,[ip]'
/tmp/cc57A9Dh.s:153: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `strexdeq r6,r2,r3,[ip]'
make: *** [/home/bob/android/armv6/cm11/out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libart_intermediates/atomic.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

if not... back to googling around.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

looks like armv7 errors but I'd have to look it up.
//edit
yep, that's what it looks like to me after quick search.
//editedit
building before, when those errors came up, I'd comment out their code blocks just to see what else would crash in the build. usually people upstream fix the armv7 junk before too long.
also, the hardfloat switches in the kernel makefiles may cause issues with most compilers since few seem to support that.

Last edited:

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Here's a tip from my days cooking up custom Linux kernels for laptops. After you get it running, make a copy and delete as much of the commented code as you can. This results in a smaller kernel that uses less memory and runs faster.

Dave's not here, man!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Well now I've got wifi working with beta2b but it doesn't charge anymore. I've turned off wifi, bluetooth, gps, plugged into the wall, let it sleep for 5 minutes, cycled the screen off and on. The charge just keeps going down. I know the beta2b kernel installed too because the keys are switched.

if 2b won't charge maybe the last test version will. it just won't update battery level or charger status until coming out of sleep.
look in your settings under phone info and verify the kernel says 2b.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Just curious if there's anything else being done with this now that most everything works? (I'm not even sure what else to suggest lol)

Tapatalk'n it from Android 4.3.1 CM 10.2 by TheKraven on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

BarakaBalls

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

Working USB functionality for ics roms, anyways, your work is incredible.

Posted via Android Central App

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

Deleted...wrong thread. Sorry about that

Sent from my ZombieBean 4.2.2-VM670 using Xparent Holo Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Working USB functionality for ics roms, anyways, your work is incredible.

I think that's more a rom problem than kernel.... Hmm I might be able to build an ics rom with the new kernel source. Probably easier than building kit Kat since it's been working on the os/ov for some time now.

Tapatalk'n it from Android 4.3.1 CM 10.2 by TheKraven on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

there's a missing variable that stops PAC4.3 from booting, and I bet more of em that are needed for kitkat.
ice cream Sammich kinda bites in my opinion. I'd prefer gingerbread compatibility but definitely don't have time.
the whole USB code moved in the kernel between 2.6 and 3. if anyone wants to mess with it.

BarakaBalls

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

I think that's more a rom problem than kernel.... Hmm I might be able to build an ics rom with the new kernel source. Probably easier than building kit Kat since it's been working on the os/ov for some time now.

Aokp ics is nice, I was going to try to build myself, but I'm a complete noob also very busy.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I'll have more time in the near future, (job loss sucks) so I may take a crack at it...

Explore! Rescue! Protect!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Been there for two years now. It does give me more time to help people with Gods word and to help with Kit Kat development.
I might be able to do a call center job I had seen at employment office. It's a sit down job, which should work considering my liver, gallblader, and pancerious are shot (used to be a laborer, one of the best there was).
Hang in there brotherswing.