Possible to port P500 ROM to VM?

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Probably possible since its for the p500 but why not just use thekraven's cm10.1 rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It sure is, but you have to change some system files along with the boot image itself to get it working.

To bad drew isn't here anymore, he could help you. Perhaps ask tdm or thekraven, they are really good at this stuff.

Sent from my paranoid s3...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is, I was playing with it last night, and WOW is it different from Quattrimus (in a good way), though it is unusable *so far. Mainly the battery doesn't seem to charge and I had trouble connecting to my computer.
if you leave the screen off, the battery seems to charge ok. the charger notifications are borked, and battery info doesn't refresh unless you turn the screen off first.
it's the last major kernel bug.
what kind of connection problems? it does seem to show up as a different device in linux than other android versions. window$ has problems connecting to all kinds of things unless it's babied along...
and, on-topic, you can port p500 stuff to the V, but it is a pain, and some glitches are hard to track down.

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
if you leave the screen off, the battery seems to charge ok. the charger notifications are borked, and battery info doesn't refresh unless you turn the screen off first.
it's the last major kernel bug.
what kind of connection problems? it does seem to show up as a different device in linux than other android versions. window$ has problems connecting to all kinds of things unless it's babied along...
and, on-topic, you can port p500 stuff to the V, but it is a pain, and some glitches are hard to track down.

Thanks, if the battery bug gets ironed out I might start using it more.
And the connection problem I am having is PDAnet doesn't work which I presume there is something wrong with adb? but the mass storage sill works; also I am running Windows 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21