"Package File Is Invalid" - Neverending nightmare

SomeoneVeryConfused

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Understood, I'll try to be more detailed.

I have USB Debugging on - the "Allow Android debugging" option is checked. I presume that's the same as "USB Debugging." And Unknown Sources is checked.

"ADB over network" is NOT checked. "Debugging notify" is. "Allow mock locations" is checked too. I think everything is in order, unless I'm missing something... which I very well might be.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You need to see if you have a root option in the developer section that gives you options as to what you allow root access to. If you do have it, make sure you check the "apps and adb" option.

I'm trying to get a total TouchWhiz 5.0 look to a couple of ROMs (ICS and Jellybean). I'm an over thinker as well, so I spend a lot of time running around in circles until I finally get tired, then I start to really get things done. I'll try to remember to get the SDK folder I have uploaded to Medifire today. I haven't forgotten.

SomeoneVeryConfused

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I found the "Apps and ADB" thing in my Superuser app. It was set to that already. That's the only place I know of where I can set root access.

As for my "Developer" screen:
http://i.imgur.com/bsmzi6S.png

Only thing not showing on that screenshot is the device hostname.

And take your time! My phone still functions - I just want some new apps, but it's not like life or death for those.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
OK. Working on getting a new file hosting site to allow for the TouchWhiz Modded ROM (I ended up using the SlimRom as the host) and all the other stuff I have posted.

SomeoneVeryConfused

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay, that is definitely not the same one I had on here. I don't think my other one even had an ENVset. I deleted that one and installed the one above. Thanks :)

I ran ENVset and it seemed to work right (it had a long list of the environmental variables in a command prompt), then rebooted the computer. Here's what adb devices spit out:

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

c:\SDK\platform-tools>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

c:\SDK\platform-tools>

Once again, no serial number. I tried in two different USB ports I checked the Environmental variables, and C:\SDK\platform-tools\ is at the end of it.

I'm still completely lost as to what's going on here. Is my phone possibly bugged? I still appreciate all the help you're giving me regardless - thanks much! Hoping I can find out what's wrong here... else I'll have to do a factory reset :/

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try deleting the LG USB drivers and re-installing, Make sure the phone is not plugged in. Reboot right after install, then plug in phone after it fully reboots to complete install.
After the drivers complete install try and open a command prompt (Do not cd to the platform-tools folder, or anywhere elese) and type in:
Code:
adb devices
Don't show serial number in post, just let me know if it listed it.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

SomeoneVeryConfused

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Woah. I got a number! HEY! :D

It matches my MEID, too! Finally some progress!

So... what next? I want precise instructions instead of messing it up on my own. Like... where do I install things from? Is that even the next step? I appreciate all your help :)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Alllriight!
Plug phone into computer (Make sure USB debugging is checked).
Open a command prompt in the platform-tools folder. Do not cd to it, it needs to be opened in the folder (Right click the folder to see if option is there, if not open folder and right click empty spot).
Then type in:
Code:
adb install (exact and full name of apk)

SomeoneVeryConfused

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
It's shift+right click to get the command window open, so it at least works. I tried the Google Play Services first (which I had to rename because if the filename has a space, it doesn't work) and:
Code:
C:\SDK\platform-tools>adb install com.google.android.gms_3.2.25-(761454-12).apk
887 KB/s (7439775 bytes in 8.183s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.google.android.gms_3.2.25-(761454-12).apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]

C:\SDK\platform-tools>

The Google Play APK:
Code:
C:\SDK\platform-tools>adb install com.android.vending-4.3.11.apk
2559 KB/s (6038575 bytes in 2.304s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.android.vending-4.3.11.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]

Neither worked for different reasons. I haven't changed my settings at all, so USB debugging was enabled. And the phone was plugged in before the Command Prompt was opened. I don't know what "Dexopt" means at all and apparently I can't update Google Play to a more recent version... should I uninstall updates and try again, or is that potentially disastrous?

I'm kind of at a loss of what to do at this point :/

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try installing something you don't have on your phone. Let me see what I got handy. How about bz.ktk.clipbot_1.2.apk, do you have that are not?
We need to see if it will install an apk, then go from there.

SomeoneVeryConfused

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I have a Clipbot program... I don't have Google Play Services, either, though, but some data from its initial install may still be there.

I can try to find an APK or two as well and try it. The more I try, the better. Might want to try some of different sizes, too.

EDIT: I tried a Root Uninstaller apk via opening a command prompt right from the window, and... well:
Code:
C:\SDK\platform-tools>adb install Root-Uninstaller-Pro-v3.3.apk
714 KB/s (1532351 bytes in 2.093s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/Root-Uninstaller-Pro-v3.3.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]

It also occurred to me to check adb devices in that window, and it worked. I'm not sure what the issue is, then...

Last edited:

damiandownfall

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. This frequently happened to me on the backside-iho rom but when I upgraded to mirage due to a comment by AndyOpie it never happened again.

Now my phone works better than ever before.

---------
This is my signature. Without me, my signature is nothing. Without my signature, I am nothing.

damiandownfall

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
After Nandroid backup, and SD backup to computer (right after nan) I flashed 4 things in ZenGarden Touch Recovery -

Kernel that came from the MiRaGe post, then MiRaGe cm7.2, then gapps for 2.3.5/2.3.7 from the link in the MiRaGe post, then lastly the entropy tool that AndyOpie150 suggested.

I've yet to find a single problem and I'm pretty thorough about these things. Then again I read your baseband is ZV5? Mine is ZV4. I rely on wifi only though and have no clue if it'll make a difference.

I can surely go step by step with you if you want to try my exact results...

---------
This is my signature. Without me, my signature is nothing. Without my signature, I am nothing.

damiandownfall

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
And this is how I'm doing so far @ 95 apps.

uvyraza5.jpg

---------

SomeoneVeryConfused

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, thanks for the tips here, first of all :)

Yes, I have a ZV5 baseband. Not sure if that makes a difference for this or not. It could for all I know.

I am pretty sure that the Gapps I installed was the one from the Mirage post. I could be wrong, but the ZIP I have is the 20110828 one. I have the most recent Mirage build and kernel as well, so I don't think that's the problem. The problem could be in my baseband... is there any way to change that to a ZV4?

And I'm not sure which entropy tool you're talking about... my head is going in circles with this that it's all becoming a blur to me.

AndyOpie, if you could send me that APK, I'd appreciate it. It's worth a try :)

Thanks to both of you! Sorry to keep you waiting again...

damiandownfall

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure which entropy tool you're talking about... my head is going in circles with this that it's all becoming a blur to me.

It was mentioned by AndyOpie150. He can tell you the name... I had to Google it. The gapps you have is correct by the way. The only difference I see is the baseband...

If you figure it all out I can teach you loads about Link2SD it's a godsend! Hope things work out.

---------

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I also have a tutorial on how to properly set up the SD partition and Link2SD.

"The entropy_n_rngd-tool"
For MiRaGe ROM use the entropy.zip which is in the first post of the thread with the same name as above.

Makes the ROM smoother and faster feeling.

No, you can't change your baseband from ZV5 to ZV4.
The ZV4 phones use the Novatek screen and drivers.
The ZV5 phones use the Hitachi screen and drivers (with the exception of the first few ZV5 phones which still used the Novatek screen and drivers).
This means if you try to downgrade you will get the "Blackscreen of Death"

All your problems where caused by you, not the ROM.
I'm not quite sure everything you have done or not done (from the ROM pre-installation wipe and format up to when you deleted Google play services), but rest assured, it is not the baseband or the ROM.

Personally: Just go to recovery and wipe and format everything but the SD card. Then re-flash the ROM and the 20110828 Gapps.
This time, once you have everything setup just how you like it, with all your apps just where you want them, make a backup before deleting anything.

Last edited:

SomeoneVeryConfused

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: "Package File Is Invalid" - Neverending nightmare

I'm not blaming the ROM! It was one error, geez, don't make me feel any dumber than I already do!

I do have backups, they just don't seem to include the Google Play Services. The MyBackup doesn't have it listed, and the recovery backup files just have this:
uXK9RRl.png

There's one from July... do you think that one could come in handy somehow? I highly doubt it (it never occurred to me that this could be related) but it's worth a try.

If this doesn't do anything, I'm gonna reflash it and hope it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781