Need to upgrade my phone to MiRage from original ROM

nivi3

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have Virgin Mobile Optimus V with original ROM. I want to upgrade to MiRage ROM and other fancy applications.
To root it I tried downloading SuperOneClick, but it just crashes. Can any one post the exact steps to root this
phone easily to MiRage ROM? I don't happen to have much experience in rooting Android phones.

Please pardon me if it has been already asked.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Check out the simplified root/rom/recovery thread in the stickies. If your baseband is zv4 or zv5, you can use the gingerbreak app to root. If you have zv9, you will need to either downgrade, or use jcase's gordita exploit.

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it. How hard is it to see a thread labeled 2012 optimus v reference guide start here and to just start reading? Already, you have demonstrated that you can't read, so you shouldn't under go the process of rooting. You will, without a doubt, brick your phone along the way and then come asking us for help. Save your pennies and buy an iphone at this point.

However, if you feel like you're up to it. Follow that guide, then format your SD card with a 1GB EXT partition, then find the Chronmod INT2EXT flash-able zip, and that will avoid the stupid package file is invalid error.

It's all about reading, reading, and reading some more.