[ROM+Kernel][CM-11.0][4.4.4][OS2SD/internal][f2fs]bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey again everyone! After something went real wonky on my internal install, I tried using the latest ext4 os2sd build. It's actually working really well for me. Guess my previous os2sd problems were due more to f2fs than to the speed of my SD card.

I do have a question... something I thought was covered in this thread, but I haven't been able to find it. I like to watch a video podcast, and now that I'm on the latest os2sd build, I'm having trouble finding a program that will play it. The files are .mp4, and I've tried BeyondPod, Podcast Addict, MXPlayer, ES File Explorer's media player, and the built-in Gallery. I tried more than one file, and not just from that podcast, so it shouldn't be an issue with the files themselves. The latest internal build played the files fine, IIRC. Is this unique to me -- or has anyone found a program that will play .mp4 files?

Thanks again for the help! (Seriously, this thread rocks!)
hm, I was getting more online mp4s to play than before, but it definitely rejects some with the built-in player.
did you have the armv6-vfp codec pack downloaded for mxplayer? it plays all kinds of things with that.
or I just built vlc player from source as a 'job', I could upload that. //edit: it's in the tweaks folder if you want to try it.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
hm, I was getting more online mp4s to play than before, but it definitely rejects some with the built-in player.
did you have the armv6-vfp codec pack downloaded for mxplayer? it plays all kinds of things with that.
or I just built vlc player from source as a 'job', I could upload that. //edit: it's in the tweaks folder if you want to try it.

I have some kind of armv6 pack installed for mxplayer , but don't recall if it's the vfp. I think I'll try uninstalling and wiping everything I can find relating to mxplayer and install it from scratch. I'll also check out the VLC build. Thanks for building it, I was quite dismayed when the VLC Beta on the Play Store said it was armv7 and up only!

clwilliams6

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well as long as we're asking, are you able to build cm11 yet? I am seeing a failure in checkapi-last, where it's complaining about android.os.recoverySystem.RebootWipeUserData being removed... I believe you were going to abandon the ext2 attempt and return to ext4?
Are we in flux here - should I wait or should I be able to build?
Thanks

clwilliams6

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
BTW, Thanks for your attention to all this Squiddie - (I hope you don't mind my using Casey's nickname for you; it does trip off the tongue a bit easier than your full moniker <grin>)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Well as long as we're asking, are you able to build cm11 yet? I am seeing a failure in checkapi-last, where it's complaining about android.os.recoverySystem.RebootWipeUserData being removed... I believe you were going to abandon the ext2 attempt and return to ext4?
Are we in flux here - should I wait or should I be able to build?
Thanks
I was able to build another ext2 after that one which has been stable since. maybe my card just had to settle in. I should upload it... but the existing twrp doesn't handle ext2 or ext4 right, the updater-script would have to be modified pretty solidly to get it to flash. every mount line needs replaced with a busybox mount line to work... and the latest twrp I built is glitchy even though it does handle the ext2.

flux.
hadn't tried cm11 in a little while and cm12 never finishes for thunderc. msm-7x27,thunder-common,thunderc cm11/OS2SD branches contaminated with cm12, you can reset them back a little and they should be ok.
BTW, Thanks for your attention to all this Squiddie - (I hope you don't mind my using Casey's nickname for you; it does trip off the tongue a bit easier than your full moniker <grin>)
heh, you're around my age somewhere and using an **ie suffix, I have to laugh too.

Last edited:

clwilliams6

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was able to build another ext2 after that one which has been stable since.
Great - that's all I needed to know - I'll learn more about git this way. :-!

flux.
hadn't tried cm11 in a little while and cm12 never finishes for thunderc. msm-7x27,thunder-common,thunderc cm11/OS2SD branches contaminated with cm12, you can reset them back a little and they should be ok.
Yeah I noticed that contamination - I thought I might be doing something wrong with git or repo :confused:
Cool, I'll want to play with doing this. I'm actually using the last version you put up on my primary phone. All you need is a couple spare batteries, and don't care about using the phone as an alarm clock, and you're good to go! Serves as a good pocket warmer too as the weather gets colder.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Usually when i want to remove a system app, I either use Lucky Patcher(although the app hasn't been playing well lately) or I simply delete the apk from /system/app or /system/app-priv through TWRP's file browser, or a file browser app on the phone. TB could very well be misreading the system app location as Squid said earlier.

Yup. I went through Root Explorer, and it got rid of them good. It looks like the problem with TB wasn't that it was misreading the location (it was pretty spot-on), but that the locations themselves were set to read-only; once I flipped it to rewritable, THAT got rid of'em. Permanently, like I wanted...yesss.

nitestalkr said:
I usually use the outdated Better Keyboard 8 for GB(paid version) as my keyboard cause its highly customizable, and I've yet to find a newer keyboard that has similar functions as it does that I enjoy. For my launcher, I use Nova Prime. The prepackaged launcher irritates me with its menu function lacking an option to launch system settings as all other launchers normally do(by bringing up an actual menu).

I actually like Hacker's Keyboard. Another one I liked was Gingerbread Keyboard, though that's all but impossible to find on Play Store now. Jellybean Keyboard was okay, too; used to run that one on my ZTE Score. As for launchers, I like Holo Launcher HD the most. Wasn't too fond of Nova there...

nitestalkr said:
As far as I know, Apollo has always had a repeat function since my use of it. Then again, when it was first introduced into CM9 I think I replaced it with an updated version than what was provided.

Hmm. I must've missed when that happened, then, lol. Still don't really like it much after having fiddled around with it.

nitestalkr said:
I can't wait to see if CM12 boots on this OV!! The ZTE Awe community on AF already has it booting already!!

...damn, they do? Wicked. It'll be awesome if the OS/OV can get it.

nitestalkr said:
Sadly I'll be picking up a Kyrocera Hydro vibe this black friday from Target for $30. It has a locked bootloader so I wont be able to do much on it but root it. I may be getting the HTC Desire 510 from best buy for $30 on black friday as well, but it being x64 architecture, there's no known way to root it yet. One of my friends might toss me their Samsung Galaxy Ring to toy around with as well, but there's not much of a modding community for it either. Of course I'll still be keeping up with the OV as long as there are still developers for it till it's absolute death of development.

Hydro Vibe...don't waste your money. I think just about anything Kyocera has locked bootloaders; pretty sure the original Hydro does. Galaxy Ring has zilch other than rooting. They don't even have a proper CWM yet; while I've heard of one version being made for it, it has to be flashed via Odin, and past experiences with my Galaxy Rush shows that Odin doesn't play nicely. (Had to go through the root & CWM flash process SEVERAL TIMES before it finally took. I'd rather not go through that with my sister's Galaxy Ring again.) Desire 510...that's the Boost Mobile one, right? Hmmm...maybe somebody will figure out how to root it soon. It came out fairly recently...

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea the kyocera hydro vibe does have a locked boot loader, might just get it to fiddle around with and keep it as a backup. The desire 510 is actually on virgin mobile. I swapped to the galaxy ring, I'm loving the speed of this phone compared to my ov, though the lack of CM is bugging me. Got mine rooted, and CWM on it with Odin fairly easily. There are a couple devs trying to get CM on there, but they seem to be very cautious and taking their time with it. One of the devs don't even own the phone, well he doesn't own nearly half the phones he works with, but he's at least got a decent kernel built for it.

Xposed framework kinda hells with the lack of Cm, but not entirely. I kinda wish I had a computer that I could use so I could try my hand at making a custom rom for the galaxy ring, or at least attempt to port a galaxy s3 mini rom to the ring, since they're so similar.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I guess Odin is a finicky beast, lol...it certainly doesn't like to play nice for me, as I've mentioned. And never even mind the lack of any CM on the Ring, there seems to be a general lack of ROMs at all, unless I missed something. (I know the Rush doesn't really have much of anything, and the one ROM they do have over on Android Forums, well, I can't even get that because the SD card doesn't seem to respond to the device nicely: anything saved to it automatically gets erased on reboot)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I guess Odin is a finicky beast, lol...it certainly doesn't like to play nice for me, as I've mentioned. And never even mind the lack of any CM on the Ring, there seems to be a general lack of ROMs at all, unless I missed something. (I know the Rush doesn't really have much of anything, and the one ROM they do have over on Android Forums, well, I can't even get that because the SD card doesn't seem to respond to the device nicely: anything saved to it automatically gets erased on reboot)
I just miss all the features Cm has to offer, and customization. The only ROMs for the ring are stock odex and deodexed. Grant it there are flashable mods all over the web, I'd rather have it all packed into 1 ROM.

So far from my experience, for people that are still on the Grandfathered $25/m plan, the Optimus V and the ZTE Awe have the largest dev communities for virgin mobile phones. Idk about other older Vm phones like the Evo V or Triumph though, never owned em, so I never looked into their Dev communities.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I just miss all the features Cm has to offer, and customization. The only ROMs for the ring are stock odex and deodexed. Grant it there are flashable mods all over the web, I'd rather have it all packed into 1 ROM.

So far from my experience, for people that are still on the Grandfathered $25/m plan, the Optimus V and the ZTE Awe have the largest dev communities for virgin mobile phones. Idk about other older Vm phones like the Evo V or Triumph though, never owned em, so I never looked into their Dev communities.
triumph has cheap service plan but lost development before kitKat. evo thirtyfive plan but still seeing development.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Happy Thanksgiving guys ;)

I would have posted in the main forum, but looks like this is the only thread that gets any attention!

Keep up the great work!!! :)

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. Lately, I've had "com.android.systemui" app not responding errors. Selecting wait does nothing, it crashes back to the lockscreen anyway. Quite annoying, and I have no idea what causes it or how to stop it.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. Lately, I've had "com.android.systemui" app not responding errors. Selecting wait does nothing, it crashes back to the lockscreen anyway. Quite annoying, and I have no idea what causes it or how to stop it.
If your phone wasn't so twitchy about flashing I'd suggest a re-install. If you have a backup from before it went wonky, I'd try that instead...
If you can get me a logcat (terminal: logcat -d > /sdcard/log.txt) and copy the contents of that file to pastebin.com (or attach the file somewhere) and give me the link, I'll make a little time to take a look at it.
Right now (and for most of the last week, and I'm not sure how long to finish it up) I'm contracted to work on an app for someone across the pond, which is HIGH priority, since their business is kind of riding on it (the previous dev flaked out and I took over in the middle.)
So I won't have time to fix anything here for a little while, but I can look at your log and maybe tell you why it's crashing... if it's an easy one I might even be able to post you a fix, but no guarantees.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll see what I can do to get a logcat up for you.

Hmmm...were you ever able to get a Sprint Fix going that was compatible with the ROM & that boottest? I could be wrong, but I'm guessing maybe my phone was getting a bit sick of pretending it's a similar device...