What's the current/best baseband/PRL? Occasional 3G/GPS issues....

thatsabadduck

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
So I feel like Sprint's towers have changed in my area, and/or there's a baseband update that I didn't get.

I'm using PRL 56009 that I programmed in last year (would have to re-learn how to do that, really don't want to if I don't have to) and my baseband is ZV9.

Recently I'm finding that my house is its own "dead zone" - calls reach me on the last ring before voicemail. I'm also currently working a pizza delivery job. GPS is a *must* for this.

At the store (5 miles from house, actually towards where some towers are), I'm occasionally having Navigation get stuck on "Searching for GPS" - and I've got the GPSfix app (was useful on an old HTC when it wouldn't lock) to get a lock --- and it locks to a radius of 2750 meters when near the store. Functionally useless. Once I get a half mile or so down the road from the store, GPS locks to within 10 meters and we're good to go -- but it's slowing me down.

Any suggestions or steps to correct? Phone is getting long in the tooth, I know, but my finances won't allow an upgrade yet, and this phone is a freaking champion.

I dropped it into a bowl of cereal, screen on, yanked out the battery and let it dry - zero flaws. Freaking. Champion. Don't want to give up on it because it hasn't given up on me.

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the 61007 still. Thinking I might want to upgrade because I think Sprint has updated towers around me.
Also, does anyone have experience updating PRL on Mac? I haven't found any guides that seemed clear enough for me to be comfortable trying.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have multiple devices in the house.. zv4,5 and 9. one weird short-number prl, one stock zv5, one stock zv9. I had issues with the zv9 phone when it was on its factory zv5, data kept disappearing no matter which rom I tried on it. It'd work sometimes.
'Upgrading' to zv9 actually fixed that one. but the other zv5 is fine...