Hidden ext2 partition. Not visible in Ubuntu Live, nor W7

gener21839

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I made the partition using recovery on the VM670. I don't have any other card readers except for that same phone.

Does anyone have any links or info as to why this happens to be? I want to be able to manage the partitions using gparted or minitool, but they just don't seem to be available.

I'm getting the feeling that maybe it's the USB hardware on my machine.

gener21839

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So I used the TWRP recovery and used the format tool there and set everything to 0MB to free up the invisible ext2 partition.

I flashed the recovery again to CWM v3.2.0.1, and then I mounted the USB mass storage on Ubuntu Live. There, I used gparted to set most of the space as fat32 and about 350MB left over to set to ext4.

I booted into the mirage ROM and it immediately tells me that the SD card is corrupted and must be formatted, so I guess I did something wrong there.

I'm currently trying out the format again--this time using windows minitool partition.

gener21839

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
No dice. I went back to the TWRP recovery and tried formatting 362MB OS2SD storage partition since the recovery lists the format as ext4.

Turns out link2sd mounts it as ext2 even though I selected ext4 to mount. I'll try formatting again as OS2SD system partition instead.

Link2SD still reports it as ext2, but the prompt in the TWRP recovery definitely said it was ext4.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
if you format the sdcard from the settings>storage menu on a non-OS2SD rom it should completely wipe out all extra partitions and format the whole thing as VFAT.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
First: How big is the micro SD card?
Second: You can only use no more than 20% of the actual space available on the micro SD card for the partiton (a 1GB partition is best for our V).

Turn phone off and pull SD card.
Put card back into a Windows OS with Mini Tool Partition Wizard installed.
Open up Mini Tool
Delete all partitions.
Create a single FAT32 as a primary partition.
Back out of Mini Tool.
Format SD card by going to start/computer/right click on SD card/select the format option.
When done go back to Mini Tool.
Split the partition, making the right side of the display the smallest partition. This should be as close to 1GB as you can get (it can some times be a booger to get the right side of the display to move toward the left, just have to keep trying with the cursor to drag it over).
After your done spliting the partition the new 1GB partition should say it's unallocated. Select to create a partition. Format to ext.4 making sure you select it as a primary partition as well.
Put back into phone and power up.

I'm typing this from memory, but it should be right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy