I finally had to do it.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
3G only averaged around 90kb/s
When throttled they would now drop me below 20kb/s.

Eye's going south.

You get what you pay for.

I went to Metro PCS and purchased an LG Optimus L70 for just $50.00
Got the $40.00 plan which is 500MBs at 4G speed and anything over that at 3G speed. Unlimited talk and text.
Will go back today and get the additional $5.00 Hotspot function turned on.
Easy to figure out the phone. Just needed to set some paths to app folders to the external SD.

Will keep one V for testing and such. Will give other to someone deserving.

Posted via Android Central App

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Will still help out fixing broke, bricked, and semi bricked V's as well as continue posting combo boot animations and improving the Bean_Whiz ROM.
I need to get another SD card. Will put new one in this LG Optimus L70, and put the old one back in good old V so I can check out the updates to the KitKat ROM for the V.

KitKat on this phone is very agreeable with me. Everything is smooth and responsive.

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with your new phone and provider Andy!:) Glad to hear you'll still be around to help members out, and yes, i love the bootanimations! ;)

Still hope to see you in the forums.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Okie Dokie. Will send you a PM with my address. Will send you the better/hardly used one. Capable of max CPU setting with no FC's or freezes.
It won't have an SD card, or screen protector. It will have the rubber/gel case.
Had to put the other SD card in a spiritual sisters tablet so I could get everything on it that was needed.

You just need to send me an envelope/shipping bag, inside an envelope, with the return address and postage prepaid for the wheight of the phone (you should be able to use yours to figure that out).

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
tha_you21.gif

I can see why you switched providers, 3g is slower than a herd of turtles right now! ;)

Thanks again Andy, i really appreciate this !!! and will do as you say about shipping.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Day three with the LG Optimus L70 LGMS323.

There is only one thing about the phone I didn't like. Everything going to the internal (emulated) SD.
I fixed that by going into the setting of the stock browser (very capable stock browser), changed download folder location to: /storage/external_SD/Download.
Changed the location of App Manager lll's folder location to point to the external SD as well.
Everything working fine doing this and now I have way more room on the internal SD.

Other than that, I really, really, really like this super full featured stock ROM. No need to change anything really.
Might root and install a custom recovery to delete minor bloatware and make a backup of the ROM, but will have to wait till they can figure out how to work around the locked bootloader (they have already rooted it).

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Day three with the LG Optimus L70 LGMS323.

There is only one thing about the phone I didn't like. Everything going to the internal (emulated) SD.
I fixed that by going into the setting of the stock browser (very capable stock browser), changed download folder location to: /storage/external_SD/Download.
Changed the location of App Manager lll's folder location to point to the external SD as well.
Everything working fine doing this and now I have way more room on the internal SD.

Other than that, I really, really, really like this super full featured stock ROM. No need to change anything really.
Might root and install a custom recovery to delete minor bloatware and make a backup of the ROM, but will have to wait till they can figure out how to work around the locked bootloader (they have already rooted it).

The locked bootloader is something people on the LG Optimus F3's have dealt with. A developer named Dan Rosenberg (djrbliss) created an exploit that was originally developed for the Samsung Galaxy S4. Here's his post about it on XDA:
[LOKI] Bootloader hack official FAQ thread - xda-developers

The F3's from VM, T-Mobile, and MetroPCS have benefited from this exploit, allowing us F3 owners to use a couple of custom recoveries (CWM based), and a few ROMs that are modified from LG's source code for the F3. Hopefully the same can be done for the L70. The F3 is still on JB 4.1.2; it should have KitKat by September (dependent on VM's decision of course).

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.
Will look for more of your informative posts in the LG Optimus L forum.
Will be posting all other info on this phone there as well.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Congrats, good luck with the new device, and thanks for all you do! :D

This may sound like a farewell, but it's just a BIG thank you!

Mat Guerra

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
PLEASE HELP! my metro PCS LG L70 phone is bricked i believe its stuck on AAT-Mini OS 3.0 dont even know what that is please help! even metro tried to factory reset it and couldnt!!!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Post in the LG Optimus L forums.

I help you there.

Windows Operating System on your computer, as well as the KDZ firmware updater, the firmware, LG updater app, and ability to get the phone into emergency/ download mode.

Make sure you put the firmware and the KDZ updater on the C:/ drive.

I will walk you thru all steps once you post there.

op t must

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
3G only averaged around 90kb/s
When throttled they would now drop me below 20kb/s.

Eye's going south.

You get what you pay for.

I went to Metro PCS and purchased an LG Optimus L70 for just $50.00
Got the $40.00 plan which is 500MBs at 4G speed and anything over that at 3G speed. Unlimited talk and text.
Will go back today and get the additional $5.00 Hotspot function turned on.
Easy to figure out the phone. Just needed to set some paths to app folders to the external SD.

Will keep one V for testing and such. Will give other to someone deserving.

Good for you, AO! You deserve it.

Leaning toward that Metro plan myself. VM 3g feels more and more like dialup. For a few $ more/ month for 4G, plus coverage map indicates I'll get better data and voice reception at home. Seems like an easy decision.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Best decision I've made. Now phone can be rooted and have custom recovery. Love all the goodies and multitasking ability.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc