Phone Toast? No Emergency Mode or Recovery

ttcole1254

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Well this phone's certainly been strange..

I accidentally did the ##786 command to reset the phone. Bad idea. The phone kept looping into recovery. I reflashed a ROM, and then another, and same thing. Then I realized there's a certain procedure for getting out of it. Went to put the phone into recovery, and it wouldn't. It would show a black screen with the backlight on. Tried emergency mode once,it got into it, tried the fix, it failed, and now it won't even do emergency mode anymore. LGNPST says "Emergency" when I do the button combo, but the screen is black. Since I had all the numbers out of the phone, I attempted the destructive debrick that wipes 3g. Now I'm seeing this error in LGNPST "The number of Bad block exceeded the limit! Please replace flash." So now I'm thinking the flash memory got hosed. When attempted to start normally, the LG logo shows on screen, and goes no farther. Attempting to go into recovery or emergency mode just results in a black screen.

I have the original V, not the one with the Hitachi screen, if it helps. The phone is close to 5 years old now, and it was acting strange even before I did the ##786.. that's what prompted me to do it. Guessing there's no saving it but curious if any of you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Tyler

PS I did try completing the steps for debricking it using the KDZ Method. It completes, but shows error 92, the phone reboots, and it's back to the LG screen.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
lgnpst made my first and only brick so far.
windoze froze during flashing the bootloader.
game over for that device. no power, lights, even backlight.

did you try zv4 firmware with kdz?

ttcole1254

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay I will. It might be in emergency mode.. or something like that. It doesn't say "Emergency Mode" on screen like it should, but when I plug it into the computer, LGNPST says its in emergency mode. So idk. I have another phone this was just a toss around phone, so I'm not worried about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2