Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Default Cyanogen 6 ROM for the Optimus V

It seems like everyone side stepped CM6 and went straight to CM7. Gingerbread is awesome and all, but I would love to have the battery life of Froyo. Yeah, I could run some Froyo ROMs I've seen out here, but kind of prefer Cyanogen.

I've tried searching... everywhere. Came out empty handed. Has anyone ran into one that I might have missed? Much appreciated. Thanks.

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V - PREPAIDANDROIDS.NET ]
    NEXUS4 | XYLON | FRANCO | TWRP

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ROM
    REVOLVER & KANG

same here i wouldn't mind a stable CM6 ROM

ROM
    CM7

I agree it would be nice to have one, nice and stable fast and normalized

Thumbs up

I was just saying thiz in my head also lol cuz 4 now cm7 iz a fail till all the bugs are ironed out & i bet mms would work 2!! Cm6 iz hands down 1 of the best ***stable*** roms out!!!! Hopefully a dev ports it tho

1+ for cm6
    Banned

ROM
    RodimusROM v1.2.2

WTB hooked on phonics for poster above.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Hipster Retro Jelly Bean

ROM
    Android 4.1 Jelly Bean!

Quote Originally Posted by 00damedash View Post
    I was just saying thiz in my head also lol cuz 4 now cm7 iz a fail till all the bugs are ironed out & i bet mms would work 2!! Cm6 iz hands down 1 of the best ***stable*** roms out!!!! Hopefully a dev ports it tho

1+ for cm6
    Mms likely wouldn't work.

MMS not working is due to VM encoding the apns for MMS into the Messaging app. Unless someone can recompile the Mms.apk from a stock Virgin phone to work with aospMod or Xionia, receiving MMS is likely to be borked for good.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by takehull View Post
    Mms likely wouldn't work.

MMS not working is due to VM encoding the apns for MMS into the Messaging app. Unless someone can recompile the Mms.apk from a stock Virgin phone to work with aospMod or Xionia, receiving MMS is likely to be borked for good.
    Ok, so MMS will probably only work with stock Froyo? I don't get it. Something to do with the kernal?

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

ROM
    CM7

kernel or mms app, not sure

ROM
    Changes to Often

Seeing as the 2.2 roms we have, use modified kernels, I doubt it's the kernel at fault for the mms problem.
    Hipster Retro Jelly Bean

ROM
    Android 4.1 Jelly Bean!

Quote Originally Posted by dEris View Post
    Ok, so MMS will probably only work with stock Froyo? I don't get it. Something to do with the kernal?

Its the Mms.apk.

If you go into it(If you use Root Explorer, go into /system/app and click on Mms.apk and select "View." Go into the res/xml directory and there are a few xml documents that encode the apns for MMS into the .apk. It looks radically different from what you see in aosp.

Unfortunately, I haven't a clue as to where to start, so I'll just have to wait for it to start working like the rest of us.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I've contacted one dev who has ported CM6 and CM7 to the Huawei Ascend. He also owns the Optimus V, hopefully I can talk him into cooking up a CM6 rom or maybe creating a new CM7 rom (with better battery life) for the OV

yeah get him to do CM6 with the hacked flash baked in (my Eris had flash on a custom rom, why shouldnt this?) and working MMS and im all over it lol. Maybe have him take a look at the xionia kernel to get an idea of what tweaks to start with to speed up the phone.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ROM
    REVOLVER & KANG

Default im with you

I've contacted one dev who has ported CM6 and CM7 to the Huawei Ascend. He also owns the Optimus V, hopefully I can talk him into cooking up a CM6 rom or maybe creating a new CM7 rom (with better battery life) for the OV
    Cool....... Ill donate to that jajaja that would be the s#!%

ROM
    Stock; Stock+Xionia b2

It would be awesome for him to just make a Cyanogen 6 rom. The battery life will be outstanding on a CM Froyo rom, especially compared to the two 2.3 roms we have already. Besides, there are already two 2.3 Gingerbread roms and I honestly think a stable CM6 rom would be the top choice of most everyone here with an Optimus V.

ROM
    BACKside IHO CM 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by eggFuJON View Post
    It would be awesome for him to just make a Cyanogen 6 rom. The battery life will be outstanding on a CM Froyo rom, especially compared to the two 2.3 roms we have already. Besides, there are already two 2.3 Gingerbread roms and I honestly think a stable CM6 rom would be the top choice of most everyone here with an Optimus V.
    *bump*

I agree!

yes, id be willing to donate to see this as well.

I got CM6 to boot up....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ROMTools 2.3.1 - For when ADB commands have got you down.
    RodimusROM - For your Optimus V
    Donate a box of Ramen to a broke college student

ROM
    CM9 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by mmmark111 View Post
    I got CM6 to boot up....
    You just flashed it on optimus?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Explain..

ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mmmark111 View Post
    I got CM6 to boot up....

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by munkyvirus View Post
    I see your and raise you Clicky yourself.

ROM
    Rooted Stock

Default MMS working

i just flashed the aospCMOD build 20110601 last nite, and recieving mms works, havent tried sending yet.
    the battery drain's much faster and the phone is a LOT warmer then again i am running at 846 mhz instead of 600 mhz im going to try at 600 and see if there is a diff. i see what you guys are saying about a nice CM6 the only reason i like cm7 better is the wifi/BT/GPS/sound widget on the pull down notification bar, dont have to scroll through home screens to find the "power control widget"

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by ruamilf View Post
    i just flashed the aospCMOD build 20110601 last nite, and recieving mms works, havent tried sending yet.
    the battery drain's much faster and the phone is a LOT warmer then again i am running at 846 mhz instead of 600 mhz im going to try at 600 and see if there is a diff. i see what you guys are saying about a nice CM6 the only reason i like cm7 better is the wifi/BT/GPS/sound widget on the pull down notification bar, dont have to scroll through home screens to find the "power control widget"
    You can achieve widgets with an app. BTW, if you haven't noticed this is a CM6 discussion.

Cm6 has the notification power menu too

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast