Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    AC Forums Android Developer

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

I use Zefies Xionia CWMA Recovery for the Optimus V:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...v-edition.html

Mmmark111 uses this in his ROMTools and I HIGHLY recommend it.

I have yet to find a ROM it cannot flash properly and works with many Nandbackups from various other recoveries.

The only thing I have not been able to flash, regardless of recovery I tried was the restore to stock image that was posted a while back. It will not work for me. Luckily I have a Nandbackup from before I did anything.

home key dont work

Very cool will be giving this a go! Thanks LeslieAnn!

Oh, there it is. I had rooted the old fashioned way. And had ThunderC 1.2 recovery, I flashed recovery from Mmmark111 ROMTools about a dozen times but recovery was still ThunderC1.2. Looks like I had to add a v to the front of Mmmark111s recovery image. And it flashed CWMA....
    Thanks again.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Version 1.1 is up.
    Live Wallpaper will now work, but none are included (this resulted in a very minimal file size change). No live wallpaper is included.
    That's the only change, and you can flash right over 1.0 with no issues.

I did some testing with later Xionias,
    None will work easily with the V, they have issues with buttons (no big deal) but also wifi doesn't work on them (big problem). Xionia 006 made significant changes in how it works and is why no 2.2 roms use anything newer. Zefie is looking for someone who can continue work on it and fix the issues, but it seems no one has taken up the project. It will be a while before I can get to the point where I can correct it, if ever.

I'm still quite pleased with this rom as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by angelpenny48 View Post
    home key dont work
    Try flashing again, it's not the rom. If you have trouble, re-download.

ok thanks,nice rom and thanks

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Harmonia 2, Mango

Hmmmm...looks like the Market won't update...Any fix for this?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by sportsinger75 View Post
    Hmmmm...looks like the Market won't update...Any fix for this?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    I don't think there was a problem, which build?

You may have a corrupted download.
    Try again and/or re-download.

Carrier
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

delete
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

1.2 is up.
    The only change is that the Market update is built in (managed to grab it finally).

To update 1.0 or 1.1, remove the Market update, then flash this over the top or just leave it as is, the change is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by whyaphoenix View Post
    THANK YOU! haha, i do love me some live wallpapers
    You're welcome.

Carrier
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

delete
    jromano89 likes this.

The GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk MUST be installed in /system/app in order for the search function to be operational.
    VoiceSearch is another that needs to be in /system/app in order for it to function properly, not to mention Vending.apk

This was a valiant attempt at a streamlined ROM, however I don't think the OP took the time to truly understand the intricacies and requirements of how all the different apps function together and why some of them, while seemingly useless, still need to be there.
    Great start, just need to learn a bit more about the OS and refine the ROM a bit, but I applaud the effort and I'm sure greater things are still yet to come from this.

I have the updated apk's for the ones that can be downloaded from the market as well as the updated vending.apk if you would like them to bake into the ROM.

I just did it all manually after flashing Xionia-VM, let everything update, then went in with adb & removed everything I wanted gone from /system/app, then the ones that updated from the market, moved over from /data/app to /system/app, then renamed the apk's from com.*whatever*.apk to original system app filenames, then rebooted to recovery, did a complete wipe & rebooted. A little convoluted but it works.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by whyaphoenix View Post
    also search button does nothing, on the home screens, probably because lack of google search app/widget

i need the home button to work any idea what caused this? tried wiping and re installing the rom 3 times. same thing.
    Check the files with the MD5, your download I think is corrupt. The home button definitely works.

As for search, download it from the marketplace and it will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaljeannie View Post
    The GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk MUST be installed in /system/app in order for the search function to be operational.
    VoiceSearch is another that needs to be in /system/app in order for it to function properly, not to mention Vending.apk

{more}
    Everything was done on purpose except for the live wallpaper functionality. I didn't realize I had completely disabled that. You can download the Google Search from Market if you wish, that was why it was removed. I don't use it and is easily put back. Voice search and Vending are both on the rom, I didn't notice those being updated but I will have a look. I left them because they are not easily put back in by those wanting them.

The rom functions exactly as I wanted. The idea is that yes, I removed some functions, such as search, I only removed those that can be easily put back in by anyone, simply by using the Market. Some don't use search, some do. Also, by doing this, you don't have files there, that cannot be updated, such as Maps, the update downloads a new version, but doesn't delete the old one because of its location, which wastes even more space. It's easily downloaded, so again, it was removed. I didn't indiscriminately just start removing things.

You can download everything from the Market to rebuild this back to how it was from Rev. or even Virgin for the most part without losing much, if any functionality, and it will be smaller than had you started with the other roms.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Check the files with the MD5, your download I think is corrupt. The home button definitely works.

As for search, download it from the marketplace and it will work fine.

Everything was done on purpose except for the live wallpaper functionality. I didn't realize I had completely disabled that. You can download the Google Search from Market if you wish, that was why it was removed. I don't use it and is easily put back. Voice search and Vending are both on the rom, I didn't notice those being updated but I will have a look. I left them because they are not easily put back in by those wanting them.

The rom functions exactly as I wanted. The idea is that yes, I removed some functions, such as search, I only removed those that can be easily put back in by anyone, simply by using the Market. Some don't use search, some do. Also, by doing this, you don't have files there, that cannot be updated, such as Maps, the update downloads a new version, but doesn't delete the old one because of its location, which wastes even more space. It's easily downloaded, so again, it was removed. I didn't indiscriminately just start removing things.

You can download everything from the Market to rebuild this back to how it was from Rev. or even Virgin for the most part without losing much, if any functionality, and it will be smaller than had you started with the other roms.
    I agree Leslie I just installed what I wanted and it worked great.

Carrier
    BACKside IHO CM 7.2

Is it possible someone can put the original Optimus V ringtones in a zip for me, please?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

All media files (ringtones, alarms, etc...)
    audio.rar

These are the raw files, not a flash file.
    Either put them in the right spot (system/media folder) or just use them from your SDcard.
    mysticalnyte likes this.

I like the leanness of this rom. However i've download google search and voice search from the market, and the search button does nothing on the home screen.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Hmm, voice search was not removed I don't think.
    I may have to put Google search back in order to fix the button.

I'm more focused on getting 2.0 going, but we will see. The goal is a newer kernel and complete, ground up build.

Unfortunately the GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk does need to be located in the /system/app folder for the search button to work properly.

To any users needing the functionality, after you download Google Search from the market, you can manually go in with a file explorer with root permissions such as Root Explorer, navigate to the /data/app folder, move the com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.apk to the /system/app folder and rename the file GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. Reboot the phone and it should work.
    If not, reboot to recovery, wipe & then reboot and it will work.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

1.3 is up.
    I took a break from messing with 2.0 to push this out. Enjoy!

Changes in 1.3:
    Search button is now fixed and everything should be the up to date, including vendor.apk.
    This increases the size of the rom from v.1.0 by 1meg but again, after updates it's smaller then previous releases.
    To update previous releases, just flash this over.
    Takenover83 likes this.

I like the idea behind this ROM, which is just put the essential stuff on the phone and let users decide what else they want. I did something similar by rooting and removing the bloatware from VM. When finished, I had 140Mb of space for app installation. It's good to know that if I do a reset for any reason, I can just flash this ROM and get the same or better stage.

I am really interested in OCable kernel and will try this ROM if/when it becomes available. Thanks for the effort LeslieAnn.

Can i have a review of this theme? In terms of speed/ battery life and the flaws? Comparing with other roms helps too .. Thanks :]

Carrier
    Aphrodite

Stupid question, but this is a modified 2.2 Froyo since stock was 2.2, correct?

Day five w/ Aphrodite! I'm still using your first release as I don't care about live wallpapers and did not seem to have issues with anything else. I have to say this is my favorite Rom. Today my phone has been unplugged for about 5 1/2 hours and battery level is at 90%. That is with one call and some random web surfing.
    P.S. I also removed all of Virgins notifications and the two remaining ringtones ( I never want to hear anthem again)!
    Keep up the good work!

So I'm on Aosp's gingerbread rom on clockwork recovery and i cant quite seem to flash this recovery .. How can i do this?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast