Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Overclocking Optimus V

Inferior Human Organs 865 w\o problems
    Harmonia 2 844 w\o problems

But on my ov harmonia 2 works fastes as IHO.
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

I'm trying my hand at the overclock as well. It's been almost a full day of have not used all my apps as of yet. Has anyone experienced any excessive battery heat Doing this? What effect does it have,if any, doesn't have on battery drain? Can the minimum be set a little higher also? is that recommended? I currently have the max set at 748 and minimum of 245
    Thanked by:
    swift110 likes this.
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Appreciate the comments and posts you guys and I'll keep you updated if any issues arise. I also downloaded the ad blocker app so will see how that works out as well

ROM
    BobZHome-

Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    I'm trying my hand at the overclock as well. It's been almost a full day of have not used all my apps as of yet. Has anyone experienced any excessive battery heat Doing this? What effect does it have,if any, doesn't have on battery drain? Can the minimum be set a little higher also? is that recommended? I currently have the max set at 748 and minimum of 245
    A couple users did a study on how CPU effects battery time and they found that it's better to set your minimum at least at 400mhz, that's the optimum settings for a gingerbread ROM. In addition, if you use your phone for multi tasking and games your min should be at 600 to get the best performance for battery life.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    swift110 likes this.

ROM
    Stock / Stock Kernel

I just switched back to 787mhz after using 806mhz for a while, I got random reboots and hopefully I don't now.

Can I overclock my OV if I'm rotted but running the stock Rom? Or do I have to install a custom Rom for it to work?
    Thanked by:
    swift110 likes this.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Stock ROM does not permit over clocking because the stock kernel is set to top out at 600 MHz. You'll need a new ROM.
    Thanked by:
    swift110 likes this.

Anything over 768 and I get reboots.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    swift110 likes this.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.08 & Mobster

I'm envious of you guys. At 600 my ov is rock solid but if i try to oc it by even one notch it goes haywire.

Oh well I just upgraded to the one v so no complaints!

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

ROM
    G-T-R Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mooglar View Post
    Hey i was going to make a new thread but i guess this works too, i have an optimus v flashed with Cm7. When i go into cyanogen mod settings and go to performance and try to switch the max freq from 600 to anything else, it switches it but never saves it when i reboot. Am i doing something wrong? Or do i need to have a 3rd party application to completely save it
    There is a check box that says something like restore CPU settings on boot. Check that box and your fixed

ROM
    it changes so much

Quote Originally Posted by Kelemvor View Post
    Can I overclock my OV if I'm rotted but running the stock Rom? Or do I have to install a custom Rom for it to work?
    It's discussed about post 11 or12 of this very thread

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

I just rooted my phone yesterday, and I wanted to add cyanogen 7 perhaps. Is that the best one to use or should I use a later version of it or another rom altogether?

---------- Post Merged at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Ok now that seems really high, how has the battery life been affected?

Quote Originally Posted by swift110 View Post
    I just rooted my phone yesterday, and I wanted to add cyanogen 7 perhaps. Is that the best one to use or should I use a later version of it or another rom altogether?

---------- Post Merged at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Ok now that seems really high, how has the battery life been affected?
    Battery life is affected greatly, actually overclocking can be good for your phone (No you didn't read that wrong). Find a governor that works for you. I use SmartAss V2 and run @ 480/825.

ROM
    quatrimus aokp

yes but its safe to leave it well enough alone for one, battery issues and ik the phones battery is crap as is, but ik if u want to run something like ICS its proper to clock it at 400 mhz by 600 mhz anymore would just be silly but sometimes it dosent help to overclock and it only makes a problem but start low on the clocking and if its to much and the phone gets glitchy id revert it back hope this helps im not as savy when it comes to the cpu, also i wouldnt think about putting a case on the phone ik it sounds silly but it heats up enough as is
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by n3rd47 View Post
    yes but its safe to leave it well enough alone for one, battery issues and ik the phones battery is crap as is, but ik if u want to run something like ICS its proper to clock it at 400 mhz by 600 mhz anymore would just be silly but sometimes it dosent help to overclock and it only makes a problem but start low on the clocking and if its to much and the phone gets glitchy id revert it back hope this helps im not as savy when it comes to the cpu, also i wouldnt think about putting a case on the phone ik it sounds silly but it heats up enough as is
    Just some clarifications here...

It isn't "proper" to clock your phone at 400-600 to run ICS. Some users have found that this setting eliminates the random reboots that can occur. I think it's all circumstantial. I've had random reboots, and sometimes I haven't. Right now, I tried Cold As Ice-CM9 on a whim, and it's beautiful. There is one problem that seems to plague me throughout anything above Gingerbread, and that is keyboard lag.

Also, I rocked a bulky Otterbox on this phone for quite a while. Heat never was an issue, the only time my phone has ever become actually hot to the touch was the rare occasion I was tethering on 3G.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycr View Post
    Stock ROM does not permit over clocking because the stock kernel is set to top out at 600 MHz. You'll need a new ROM.
    This is correct but you can flash a custom new kernel on stock rom and overclock with no frills or another apk on the market.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

IHO 865 - Only stable if I set min/max the same or the phone will come out of standby with only half display.

Anyone else get this problem?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by chargingram View Post
    IHO 865 - Only stable if I set min/max the same or the phone will come out of standby with only half display.

Anyone else get this problem?
    That sounds like an old bug from backside. Try Disabling ics rotation animation.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running Mirrage on LS670ZVJ Baseband

Yes, just install a kernel what allows overclock and there you go, already did on mine.

With MiRaGe, interactive governer I can leave the max cpu set to 864. Reboot 2x then I never see a FC or random reboot. B ut when I checked the cpu usage (no frills CPU control) it almost never goes above 806. Only once did I see it logged at 864 and it was only for 0.03% of the measured time.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

That's why I just set to 480MHz min, 768MHz Max with interactive governor.
    Most people don't need anything more than that. I get phenomenal battery off charge times and great performance.
    Gamers usually set the CPU pretty high, but if they don't set back down after playing game their just wasting battery juice.

I can usually get 6 hours of solid screen on internet browsing (mostly helping out in phone forums) on a WiFi connection. 3 + hours with 3G.
    My apps open blazingly fast (Link2SD helped a little), and everything is smooth and fast.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12