Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    I updated the Maps flasher.
    To install, uninstall any updates, then flash the new one in post 2.

The next version of Harmonia is on hold indefinitely.

I never said it was fixed.
    lol ok? i was jus looking for a temp fix ..

but this rom is great and thats the only flaw ive found so whoever wants a fix here it is:

to anybody that wants a temp fix .. on your dial pad press *#*#4636#*#* then go to the first selection there which is phone information and click menu. then click the first selection on the menu that pops up and its going to force close. then go back to phone information and scroll down to wher it says CMDA auto and switch it to CMDA only, then again switch it to CMSA auto. do this every reboot and you should be good.
    Last edited by shawayne21; 05-16-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: none

Quote Originally Posted by shawayne21 View Post

but this rom is great and thats the only flaw ive found so whoever wants a fix here it is:

to anybody that wants a temp fix .. on your dial pad press *#*#4636#*#* then go to the first selection there which is phone information and click menu. then click the first selection on the menu that pops up and its going to force close. then go back to phone information and scroll down to wher it says CMDA auto and switch it to CMDA only, then again switch it to CMSA auto. do this every reboot and you should be good.
    Orrrrr.... Airplane toggle at boot. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by vee View Post
    yeah but it sometimes fails.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #354  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by vee View Post
    Neither is foolproof, particularly the method Vee mentioned.
    I have a long sordid history with that menu, and attribute a LOT of early OV network issues to that menu. Personally, I won't touch that menu.

The problem is not nearly what people make it out to be. Does it hurt battery life? It depends, but from what I and others have seen, it's minimal at best.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    Total homewrecker.

ROM
    Heart belongs to Harmonia

Wonder what's going on in the thread right about now...

*Opens the door*

The next version of Harmonia is on hold indefinitely.
    *Abruptly, yet quietly, shuts the door and sits on the steps*

Nah, maybe later...

-K

Neither is foolproof, particularly the method Vee mentioned.
    I have a long sordid history with that menu, and attribute a LOT of early OV network issues to that menu. Personally, I won't touch that menu.

The problem is not nearly what people make it out to be. Does it hurt battery life? It depends, but from what I and others have seen, it's minimal at best.
    my bagtery lasts no more than 12 hours with the bug.. it really kills minee.

you should include the apk app that puts it in airplane mode for 12 secs wen the phone starts. I use that now and it worked so far.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #357  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

my bagtery lasts no more than 12 hours with the bug.. it really kills minee.

you should include the apk app that puts it in airplane mode for 12 secs wen the phone starts. I use that now and it worked so far.
    Why include it for a small percentage of people when you can add it if needed?

While some roms take the approach of include all you can to appeal to as many as possible, my roms take the opposite approach of, "here is a good foundation, add what you need to make it work best for you". This way you get the cleanest, fastest rom possible without any bloat.

Unless you are a real heavy user, you have something else killing your battery. Testing has shown all roms get relatively the same battery life at this point.

Leslie, why did you mention that you were done developing for Harmonia?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #359  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    Leslie, why did you mention that you were done developing for Harmonia?
    It's not done, just on hold.

Thanked by:

It's not done, just on hold.
    Ok, thanks.

ROM
    Harmonia 2

Leslie, I wanted to thank you personally for your terrific Rom. I was previously running stock+xperia and my phone was running like a piece of crap, barely better than the Stock battery wise and about as stable as Windows 95. Your rom/kernel combo is a night and day difference.

I'm sad to see you're putting it on hold especially when I finally discovered a great rom worth sticking with. Well whatever happens, I wanted to say thank you for your hard work. This rom is phenomenal.

You've got my sincere appreciation.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #362  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Thanks everyone.
    It's not like the rom is going to fall apart, it works great as it sits, it just lacks a tweak or two that some others have. No need to run away from it just yet.

I just need to take some time and figure out how to do some things before I can move ahead. Not to mention time at the moment seems to be an issue. Work has been crazy lately.

Basically everything I have done with roms and kernels was more or less done by hand using a text editor and file compression program. Unfortunately, it's reached a point where using the methods I have been using are becoming a hindrance.
    Last edited by LeslieAnn; 05-18-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Thanked by:

for some reason everytime I open the market, it closes by itself right away, no force close or anything, it just closes.

for some reason everytime I open the market, it closes by itself right away, no force close or anything, it just closes.
    Do a FULL wipe/format and reflash.

So, I made this my first custom ROM the other day. It works really well, I have no complaints! Thanks a ton.

I've got a question, I used one of the black status bar options and pushed it to my phone. The bar is black, everything seems to be correct except the clock text is black.

If I pull down the notification bar, the date text is white but clock text is still black. Any ideas?
    Total homewrecker.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Skratte View Post
    I've got a question, I used one of the black status bar options and pushed it to my phone. The bar is black, everything seems to be correct except the clock text is black.

If I pull down the notification bar, the date text is white but clock text is still black. Any ideas?
    Check out post #35 in this very thread. Had the same problem Takenover kindly helped out. It'll fix your issue.

I just need to take some time and figure out how to do some things before I can move ahead. Not to mention time at the moment seems to be an issue. Work has been crazy lately
    Do your thing, LeslieAnn. To be fair, other than the few tweaks and whatnot you mentioned, this ROM is pretty much the definitive Froyo-based package as it stands for many of us.

I still try others and just keep coming back for more.

Sort of reminds me of this girl in colleg--- um.

Nevermind.

-K
    Last edited by Kiernon; 05-26-2011 at 01:09 AM. Reason: I'm tryin' to tell y'all - it's SABOTAGE.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Total homewrecker.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by strangelyeric View Post
    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Go on.

-K

thanks for a great rom with what seems to be the best battery life out of all the roms

Some suggestions for the next iteration of your rom:

1. A file browser included would make things easier, since the very first app I install is titanium backup. That way, I don't have to go to the market, input my account settings, find and install a file browser, and then install titanium backup.
    2. More ringtones Or maybe a flash to add the extra ones in?

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by theboundless View Post
    thanks for a great rom with what seems to be the best battery life out of all the roms

1. A file browser included would make things easier, since the very first app I install is titanium backup. That way, I don't have to go to the market, input my account settings, find and install a file browser, and then install titanium backup.

thanks again
    Code:
    adb install <path_to_apk>
    2. Copy any ringtones you want to: /system/media/audio/ringtones
    Code:
    adb push <file.mp3> /system/media/audio/ringtones
    adb shell chmod 0544 /system/media/audio/ringtones/<file.mp3>

Thanks mmarz, I've done these before, but the problem is they require a computer. There are times when I want to flash a rom but not be tied to a computer. Whether its at my friend's house, or sitting on the couch with my girlfriend, I'd like to be able to complete the flashing and restoration of my apps without a computer. Of course when I am close to a computer pushing works pretty quick and is my first option, but I don't want to have to have a computer around. After all, I can download a new rom straight to my phone, why not be able to do the rest right then and there? And I have tried roms before that included file browsers, so i didn't think I was asking anything particularly out of the ordinary.

Regarding ringtones, yeah I used to always restore all my favorite ones to whatever new rom I was using, but after flashing enough roms, I'm too lazy for that any more. Now I just ask the devs to include them

Quote Originally Posted by Kiernon View Post
    Check out post #35 in this very thread. Had the same problem Takenover kindly helped out. It'll fix your issue.
    Yea, tried this, didn't work.
    I even went into the services.jar file to make sure the hex change had been made.
    Total homewrecker.

ROM

Yea, tried this, didn't work.
    I even went into the services.jar file to make sure the hex change had been made.
    How strange. Never had an issue with it since.

A longer, more convoluted way, I suppose, is grab one of the optional bars listed in the second post - which have white clock/black bar by default.

Flash it.

Then take the framework.res from that, recook it in the kitchen, and you should be good to go.

Again, not exactly efficient, but I'd imagine it'd work just fine.

-K
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #375  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Odd, try re-flashing. One of the files didn't take.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiernon View Post
    Do your thing, LeslieAnn. To be fair, other than the few tweaks and whatnot you mentioned, this ROM is pretty much the definitive Froyo-based package as it stands for many of us.
    Thanks, that is why I'm also in no rush.
    As it stands, it's a good solid Froyo rom, and always will be. It's so minimal, by design, how much can I really change.
    Harmonia is like a rock. Very solid.

I do still want those last two items though.

Quote Originally Posted by theboundless View Post
    1. A file browser
    1. This violates the premise of the rom.
    Yes, it makes for the need to go to the Market, but at the same time, what if the file browser I include isn't liked by you? Then you are stuck with it. This rom is meant to be a bare minimum Froyo with a few tweaks. This means nothing is wasted or put there that you don't want.

2. Check the second post, there is a flasher for putting the ringtones back in, as well as a zip file of them to place them on your SDcard if you wish.
    Last edited by LeslieAnn; 05-27-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Thanked by:
Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast