Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by mmarz View Post
    Is anybody else having problems connecting via adb shell? This is on a fresh install with NOTHING changed:

Is debugging mode enabled by default?

Takenover appears to have been pushing things via ADB and I just got in no problem.

And yes, it's enabled by default.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

Trying this ROM later tonight.
    Curious, does this ROM have the Reboot option when you hold down the power button? Just a nice feature to reboot into recovery if need-be when I'm not by a computer to use Romtools.

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

Yea, I use adb alot, pushing, pulling. So it works lol.
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.

Is there a way to get Link2SD working? I want to make this my daily driver :/

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

Quote Originally Posted by overthinkingme View Post
    Is there a way to get Link2SD working? I want to make this my daily driver :/

Yes, if you are using ext2,3,4. You need to load the modules. I just received this information myself. These commands can be run in adb or a terminal emulator. (to test if links recognizes your ext partition)

(replace 4, with ever type of partition you have, 2, 3, 4, etc)
    Code:
    insmod /system/lib/modules/mbcache.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/jbd2.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/ext4.ko
    But that is half the battle. These commands need to be ran automatically at boot (so your ext partition will be available). So they need added to one of the startup scripts. So once I figure out which startup script to add them to, then we will be good to go.

edit: or you can use a kernel that has compiled-in support for ext2/3/4, such as Bumblebee
    why are all the links I share from androidcentral getting trashed.... (remove http://forum.androidcentral.com/!78705! from the link, if it shows in your url bar)
    Last edited by Takenover83; 04-23-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
    Yes, if you are using ext2,3,4. You need to load the modules. I just received this information myself. These commands can be run in adb or a terminal emulator. (to test if links recognizes your ext partition)

(replace 4, with ever type of partition you have, 2, 3, 4, etc)
    Code:
    insmod /system/lib/modules/mbcache.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/jbd2.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/ext4.ko
    But that is half the battle. These commands need to be ran automatically at boot (so your ext partition will be available). So they need added to one of the startup scripts. So once I figure out which startup script to add them to, then we will be good to go.
    I had the same problem with rodimus + picasticks. Is it a kernel problem? Rodimus + xionia has link2sd running fine. Rodimus + bumblebee too.

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

I had the same problem with rodimus + picasticks. Is it a kernel problem? Rodimus + xionia has link2sd running fine. Rodimus + bumblebee too.

picasticks trimmed some of the fat to be faster. So if you want to use ext2,3,4 then you need to load the modules. Not really a problem, just a different approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
    picasticks trimmed some of the fat to be faster. So if you want to use ext2,3,4 then you need to load the modules. Not really a problem, just a different approach.
    Thanks for the tip on harmonia plus bumblebee hehe

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

Thanks for the tip on harmonia plus bumblebee hehe

Yep, Harmonia and the BumbleBee Kernel also work very well together (IMO). So if you do not want to run the commands via script at boot, then BumbleBee kernel is a very good alternative.

ROM
    MIUI

Not to take away from the devs but I personally think, with most people using ext, that the kernels should all have ext enabled so we can use it without too much hassle. Then again I'm a noob with no idea how to actually build these things. Just saying...
    Total homewrecker.

ROM
    Heart belongs to Harmonia

Also quickly popping in to share adb working for me, as well.

Also: May I have a copy of the default wallpaper, please?

-K
    Last edited by Kiernon; 04-24-2011 at 01:41 AM.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by drezliok View Post
    Has anyone tried the black and blue rodimus theme on here? I plan to cook my own theme up but I am at the beginning of my work week and won't have the time for a few weeks. When I am done working I'm moving so no PC. but I will have my pocket PC lol
    I just tried, they are totally incompatible. It didn't even install.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kiernon View Post
    Also quickly popping in to share adb working for me, as well.

Also: May I have a copy of the default wallpaper, please?

-K
    Works for me as well.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Stock wallpaper is now in the first post and is found here:
    default_wallpaper.png

Thanked by:
    Total homewrecker.

ROM
    Heart belongs to Harmonia

Thank you very much. Very appreciated.

-K
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Check the second post for...

Options!!!
    Takenover83 cooked me up a few status bars, I added another and put them in easily flash-able zips. We did this to help people who aren't sure how or can't do it. Since it isn't a simple job like downloading a different launcher, this seemed like a good way to go and puts you all this much closer to a full on themed rom of your own making and close to a themed Aphrodite/Harmonia. At this point, just add your favorite launcher and you have your own custom theme.

Be sure to boot into Harmonia at least once before flashing these.
    Flash these just like you would a rom.
    You can flash one on top of the other without wiping or anything but expect a slow boot the first time, just like when you flashed the rom...

Note:
    These should work with Aphrodite, Stock + Xionia, Stock Virgin (must be rooted of course), and most likely Bumblebee.
    This has not been tested, so backup first and keep in mind that you will end up with the green Harmonia logo during boot. They will NOT likely work on Rodimus and don't even try them on Cyanogen.

Interesting...
    Harmonia was born one month, to the day, after Aphrodite was released. No, I didn't plan that. Harmonia was actually expected to be released a few days sooner but was held up in development.

Harmonia has already been downloaded more than all but two versions of Aphrodite.
    In a few hours it will surpass Aphrodite 2.0 which is in second place, which will be half of what 1.3.3 has. Not bad for not even being 48 hours old.
    Last edited by LeslieAnn; 06-18-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Banned

LeslieAnn thanks for the status bars I really like the black one it fits with my theme I use old black and white photos for my wallpaper and this just works for me.
    And thanks for Harmonia I flashed it yesterday and it seems to be working fine.
    Your Aphrodite Rom was the first I flashed to my phone I had a few weird things going on with it random reboots and things, I think you have gained a follower, Thanks again.

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2, Mango

This is easily in my opinion the greatest and best rom available for Optimus V users right now. I've tried them all, and this one leaves them standing in the dust in almost every category. One question though... Why 2 "Harmonia" boot animations? The second one looks much classier and is suitable alone. I'm really impressed with the work done to make this rom great, and I'm very appreciative.

- Nick

Sent from my Optimus V
    nin

ROM
    Harmonia 1.2

Switched from Aphrodite to this ROM soon as you released it, great job to everyone involved. Made a couple of cosmetic changes to it and doubt I will switch to any other rom unless Aphrodite has a grandchild on the way.

Here is what my phone looks like for now. Was also testing out the pseudo-wm7 style using desktop visualizer.

Again thank you for all the work you put into this.

Edit: I really like the Harmonia Aphrodite+Picasticks bootup animation, but decided to change the second Harmonia green animation just felt it was too small (no offense). Based on the green one though I did find an animation I think is perfect but I didn't know how to do batches of images until a few hours ago, so I will probably change it soon. It is the Android sketch animation, simple like Harmonia but still has the animation factor.
    Last edited by nin; 04-24-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Went to sleep and lost 16% battery in 6 hours while phone was idle, running exact same setup that I had with rodimus rom with same Widgets, which would only lose 2% over night. Not saying its the rom, just has me curious. Ill look more into it. Oh and I always do a fast reboot before I sleep. The only definite change I did make was to setcpu. On rodimus it was set at 768/200. On this its 768/485. Or whatever the nearest values are.

Edit: oh and one other small thing. Battery goes down when using wifi and charging, on rodimus it didn't. But like I said, might not be rom but ill look more into it. Also I seem to get lag in games that I didn't before which is weird. Ill try reflashin
    Last edited by vee; 04-24-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

Quote Originally Posted by vee View Post
    Went to sleep and lost 16% battery in 6 hours while phone was idle, running exact same setup that I had with rodimus rom with same Widgets, which would only lose 2% over night. Not saying its the rom, just has me curious. Ill look more into it. Oh and I always do a fast reboot before I sleep. The only definite change I did make was to setcpu. On rodimus it was set at 768/200. On this its 768/485. Or whatever the nearest values are.
    thank god i thought i was the only one. i lost about 50%.. but my thing also said 50% of the time i had signal so it could've been that?

Just checked mine. My time without signal is 0%. I use the patch script. So its not that.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Options!!!
    Takenover83 helped cook up a few status bars, I added another and put them in easily flashable zips.

Be sure to boot into Harmonia at least once before flashing these.
    Flash these just like a rom.
    You can flash one on top of the other without wiping or anything but expect a slow boot the first time, just like when you flashed the rom..

Black status bars
    Black with stock battery indicator

Black with a small percentage indicator

Black with large percentage indicator

Gray status bars
    Gray with stock battery indicator (Flash this to return to stock)

Gray with small percentage indicator

Gray with large percentage indicator

you have "black with small letters" and "grey with small letters" switched. i kept like freaking out until i realize there was a silly error lol
    Banned

Now if I could figure out how to remove the Virgin Mobile logo off of the phone people would not even know I was on a welfare/hobo phone.
    Banned

Well, I just got my first hard lock and had to do a battery pull I am overclocked hopefully this will not be a problem
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast