[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
While you're making a theme for this rom, could you also make this rom exactly into CM7? I would like to see some bloatware and bugs added. If the wifi tether setting is too easy to use, I may give up on this rom all together.

LOL! That has to be the funniest thing I've read in awhile. Thank you mmarz...take a bow.

On a serious note...it does crack me up how often people ask for modifications especially the day something comes out.
There are A LOT of things I cant do starting with even the simplest of things but I will google my ass off all day before asking, if a day of searching doesn't give me any hope then I ask. :D

Reactions: mrg666 and dcannoli

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
it would be cool if you could make a theme for this rom. really would give people a good reason to switch over.

But it's already a great base, minimal ROM to create your own! Here's what I turned Harmonia into while playing with her:

MTmoB.jpg

EDIT: Clock color fixed thanks to Takenover83's most excellent help a few posts down. Thanks again!

If we discuss theming, it really should be in a separate post, I think, and we can have a good discussion with that. This one should remain about the ROM itself. I'm only posting this as a very small sample of encouragement and let this ROM's canvas inspire you to go out there and make your own technologies!

For your health!

Pleasepleaseplease keep the theming to ourselves and I pray this line of Harmonia stays as pure and clean as humanly possible.

-K

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So far the only thing wrong I see is when I open wallpaper it force closes. Anone else have this problem?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So far the only thing wrong I see is when I open wallpaper it force closes. Anone else have this problem?

I am having no issues with Wallpapers. If I select 'Wallpapers', I have merely a scrollable selection of white blank wallpapers (by design, I'd suspect with the removal of wallpapers), but no force closing for me.

Navigating images through gallery and Astro, as well, have given me no issues.

-K

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
That's what mine is to I set wall paper and it force closes. Sorry I wasn't clearer long morning lol.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Pleasepleaseplease keep the theming to ourselves and I pray this line of Harmonia stays as pure and clean as humanly possible.

Other than the clock, that looks fantastic! Well done!

Harmonia does and will retain the concept that Aphrodite started.
I did change out the wallpaper and animations, but I don't see that as altering the concept behind it. I hope others don't either. If I were to do a themed rom, it would carry a different name but obviously use the Aphrodite family as it's base.

I think people appreciate my roms for what they are and I don't want anything to ruin or take away from that. Besides, this was a pretty big undertaking for myself (and probably Picasticks), it will be a while before I want to log that many hours on a rom again.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Other than the clock, that looks fantastic! Well done!

Harmonia does and will retain the concept that Aphrodite started.
I did change out the wallpaper and animations, but I don't see that as altering the concept behind it. I hope others don't either. If I were to do a themed rom, it would carry a different name but obviously use the Aphrodite family as it's base.

I think people appreciate my roms for what they are and I don't want anything to ruin or take away from that. Besides, this was a pretty big undertaking for myself (and probably Picasticks), it will be a while before I want to log that many hours on a rom again.

yeah this rom is really fast and really smooth. cant wait to see what comes of it!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

That's what mine is to I set wall paper and it force closes. Sorry I wasn't clearer long morning lol.

I think I get it.
You are trying to select the default wallpaper and it's crashing, correct?

Here is the thing...
Wallpaper is stored in two places, one sets the default, obviously I used that. The other place is in Launcher2. In Launcher2, it has a mini picture and a fullsize picture. If I remove the mini pictures, it leaves an odd blank spot, so I made them all white and deleted the larger versions.

While it seems like a mistake not leaving the default wallpaper in there because you can't select it, I figured most would be changing it soon enough and not care. The reason I did this was that the wallpaper is 400k, no small amount for storage space, but it also means having two copies of the same file on the system, and worse, taking up space in an important file, possibly slowing it down.

I can post the wallpaper and you can put it on your sdcard if you would like.

yeah this rom is really fast and really smooth. cant wait to see what comes of it!
Nothing anytime soon, I hope... I'm pooped!

I'm glad you like it. :)

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Really like this ROM, nice and fast, snappy response time. I may use it at some time in the future, but right now, I'm having too much fun with aosp. Most of my friends are afraid to root and are so jealous of my gingerbread rom.

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So, if i wanted to go from aoSP to this...all i'd have to do is flash the ROM? The ROM contains the kernel right?

I just want to be sure, i'm interested in giving it a try!

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
But it's already a great base, minimal ROM to create your own! Here's what I turned Harmonia into while playing with her:

UI0N3.jpg

Also: GADZOOKS! I noticed my black bar OUT cooked notification bar has black time text. That's not right..

-K

Look's great. Changing the clock to another color like white, is not all that difficult. You simply need to push a file to /system/framework. You can try the file I already edited if you like. Just make sure you make a backup first, just in case something goes wrong.

Backup
adb pull /system/framework/services.jar

Download
adb remount
adb push services.jar /system/framework/

(might take a few minutes to boot after you push the file and reboot.)

edit: edited Harmonia 1.0 services.jar. (white clock)

Last edited:

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Exceptionally Harmonious.

Disclaimer:
This is one humble user's experience/testimonial to using Harmonia 1.0. I am not a dev, I am a relative beginner to using Android devices, and my experiences reflect as solely my own. YMMV, as always.

Also: TL;DR If you don't care to read my impudent ramblings below, This ROM is mighty fine.

To be fair, I was extremely partial to the Aphrodite series, so I'm biased with LeslieAnn's (and those she has collaborated with) work. The recent Optimus V-sourced picasticks kernel (HUGE shoutouts to you, pickasticks!) was found to merge extremely nicely with Aphrodite, and it felt a match made in heaven for a 2.2.1 based Froyo ROM.

Luckily for all of us, LeslieAnn noticed that, as well.

Anyway, onward!

Harmonia is released, and for me, has become what the 'stock' Optimus V should have been.

In CWMA .4, I full-wiped/Dalvik/Battery/Everything one could wipe that is offered in recovery. It was one bone-dry phone. Flashed Harmonia, and away I went.

Install went as expected. Long cache-building first-boot that we've all come to know and love followed and I looked forward to checking out the-- Hey! What is that?!

Boot: It was a new boot animation! The classy and minimal design is a nice, subtle touch and really reflects the ideal of what the ROM is about, I think.
I really dig it. Well done.
On normal boot (LG Logo to desktop), it averages for me to about the 18 second range.

Desktop Experience Installed SetCPU and set my 768/768 perf profile, LauncherPro, Astro and Quadrant Standard. Cleaned desktop of any widgets, then rebooted again, then ran Quadrant.

[ rant ]I've been a DIY PC hardware enthusiast for quite a number of years. Benchmark programs unfortunately come with the territory. I'm generally a big person on real world 'feel' when using tech. It's an instinct that's served me well for a long time.[ /end rant ]

Other people just like numbers. :confused: So, for them, this is what I hit:

Lag free, snappy, smooth, it achieves pretty much what we could realistically want out our V's for the hardware it has. The 'feel' is similar to me very close me as Gingerbread in terms of response and behavior.
I have a slimmed list of 18 apps I consider 'essential' for my phone needs, and I install one at a time on a any new ROM to check for any wankiness, strange issues, or force closures as I configure them. Thus far, all of them (most widely used mainstream apps) worked for me without issue.

Syncing, phone basic functions, (Dialer, SMS, MMS, GPS, Data (Oh, VM. Fix your data!), WiFi, Accelerator), all worked as expected and have no issues on my device. I have no use for Bluetooth, and have not tested it.

The space savings, while strictly maintaining stable core features, are just fantastic for a 2.2.1 ROM. This is why Harmonia really shines. The attention to detail to be sure core functions are stable while removing what you can is what made me follow Aphrodite in the first place, and that tradition continues on.

While I'm sure there can be changes and optimization, (the source FINALLY came out what, two weeks ago?!), picasticks has made a kernel that just makes this device feel 'right'. Functions are running at a level that matches the (deceptively small, but still some oomph with what it is) hardware these Oppy V's are on, and it's been a complete pleasure.

Battery life will simply just take more time to really gauge. So far, I left it overnight TuneIn radio running quietly in the background, Wifi on a never-sleep policy, GPS ON, data off, and CPU always running 768 config. For 7 hours, it went from 100% to 64% in use. I'd call that great success so far. Your useage and drainage may vary, but I don't think by default this drains badly. Next test is an idle, real world test, but it'll take some time.

Considering from the out-of-the-box stock Optimus V ROM, I went from 100% to drain in about 6 or 7 hours with just 3g and light, sporatic usage, I'd personally consider it a notable improvement.

Shutdown Oh, and it shuts down in 6 seconds. 6 WHOLE SECONDS OF MY PRECIOUS TIM-- Wait. Yeah. 6 seconds is pretty fast. :D

Overall impression is that this has replaced Aphrodite 1.3.3 (Farewell, sweet maiden!) as my 'default' 2.2.1 Froyo based ROM. It doesn't have some of the glitz and glam Gingerbread has, but for some of us, that's a really, really good thing.

I'd encourage you to try it out if you're looking for a solid, stable 2.2.1 based ROM that configures to YOUR tastes and usage.

Take a bow, then take a nap (you have *got* to be worn out. How fast did you make this?!), so I can enjoy my better half playing Angry Brids on *my* Oppy because 'It just works right on your phone over mine, Jeff!'.

...Thanks a lot, LeslieAnn... /sigh :p

-K

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the black and blue rodimus theme on here? I plan to cook my own theme up but I am at the beginning of my work week and won't have the time for a few weeks. When I am done working I'm moving so no PC. :'( but I will have my pocket PC lol

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Takenover, you are a champion of America and freedom!

I recalled a topic about this buried somewhere in the forums and planned a search, but you just saved me from having to do that. Thank you very much for posting this, sir.

Party on, dudes.

-K

Reactions: Takenover83

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site