[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
LESLIEann!!!!!!

I dont know what you did but my bluetooth issue was corrected and it is now better than before. Before, usually the audio will go in and out at least once or twice during my 1hr commute to work, but today it was flawless!!!!

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Are there any changes to the kernel in this version? I'm not sure if you are giving credit to Picasticks the avatar or the kernel.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Last night's Bumblebee ROM now has reboot/recovery options in the power button prompt. So, it is possible :)

Reboot and Recovery are now options in the power button dialog.

To get the above 2 features, you need to install the framework zip after a first boot into the ROM.

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Full and complete wipe commenced. Prepped up for a sweet injection of Harmonia as per usual, and flashed.

I have no clue how this much space has managed to be reclaimed, but this is simply amazing in my opinion. Excellent job and kudos to all involved (especially LeslieAnn) for making my favorite ROM even better. Thank you.

Still reinstalling apps, but functions appear to be working as they should, and no wonkiness to report thus far. Perhaps it's a placebo effect, but startup time seems to be faster somehow (Even shutdown shaved 2 seconds of time - how the?!).

Overall, the canvas is cleaner, and I'm loving every second of it.

If you're ever in Northwest Missouri, I'm buying you a chimichanga.

-K

Last edited:

prodigy10

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I want to install this rom and I was wondering what would I need in order to do so. My phone is rooted but I am still using stock rom. Thanks

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I want to install this rom and I was wondering what would I need in order to do so. My phone is rooted but I am still using stock rom. Thanks

Use romtools LINK, flash a recovery (option 2) into your phone and place the harmonia zip into the root of your sd card. select option 9 from romtools and have it reboot into recovery mode and do the suggested wipes and install from sd card and select the harmonia zip.

Reactions: prodigy10

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you guys are liking this. :)

Thanks LeslieAnn for the time you've dedicated to this Rom, it is appreciated. I do have a question about installing Maps with your zip on the system partition. As I understand it if an app is on the system partition and there is an update then the entire updated version of the app is installed on the data partition while the older version of the app still resides on the system partition. I do use Maps but assuming there will be an update in the near future wouldn't it save me space to install it from the market on the data partition?
You're welcome.
If you haven't noticed, I update quite often, I don't think I have gone more than 2 weeks since I started these without an update. If a Maps update comes out, I will release a patch. I use maps and I use this rom day in, day out.

Putting it on data means you lose that space NOW. Putting it in system, means you save that space until the update, at which time I will probably have a new patch to replace it.

I dont know what you did but my bluetooth issue was corrected and it is now better than before. Before, usually the audio will go in and out at least once or twice during my 1hr commute to work, but today it was flawless!!!!
YAY!
Somewhere along the way (probably when we went to Xionia kernels) the bluetooth system was changed out. Probably in hopes of new features, or possibly it was just brought in alongside the kernel. While most of this rom is back to Virgin, not every single thing has been been put back. I know at least one file was changed, but I replaced them all with the originals. I'm glad it worked, I was kind of concerned it would break bluetooth for everyone.

Are there any changes to the kernel in this version? I'm not sure if you are giving credit to Picasticks the avatar or the kernel.
Nothing I'm aware of, but the added speed tells me Picasticks must have done something to it. I know some of the kernel devs had hit on a few new ideas for improvements, maybe he added a few.

While we work together on this as whole and do share information back and forth, Picasticks, handles the boot.img of this rom, I handle the rest of the rom, so questions about anything done in there, he would have to answer.

If you're ever in Northwest Missouri, I'm buying you a chimichanga.
-K
I rarely ever get up that way, but mmmm Mexican food. YUM!

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Great job LeslieAnn. Just what I was waiting for with the extra space. Smooth and fast. Keep up the great work that you and picasticks do.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
From what I read on the first page, this rom come pre-overclocked to 8**mhz? Or is there an option that I'm not seeing?

Shouldn't the date on the title be 06May11?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just checking but is it still supposed to say its Build Number: Harmonia 1.0?
Just a mistake on my part due to problems and finishing when I was half asleep.

From what I read on the first page, this rom come pre-overclocked to 8**mhz? Or is there an option that I'm not seeing?

Shouldn't the date on the title be 06May11?
Oops, yes, May, not APR.
The rom runs at stock speeds just like stock does, you need an overclock utility to access 806.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if anyone noticed. But obijohn's BumbleBee Framework mod works in Harmonia 1.2. I even used the Theme Kitchen to make the statusbar black. Give it a go if you need the Reboot/Recovery menu.

Mods I installed:
  • Black status Bar
  • Clock Percent mod
  • White clock
  • AppWidgetPicker
  • Reboot/Recovery menu (thanks obijohn)

2png.png

68648401.png

Reactions: Superorb

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if anyone noticed. But obijohn's BumbleBee Framework mod works in Harmonia 1.2. I even used the Theme Kitchen to make the statusbar black. Give it a go if you need the Reboot/Recovery menu.

Yes, it works, both are based on the stock framework. Harmonia, Bumblebee, Aphrodite, Stock, and Stock + Xionia all use the same files as their base. Nameless and Rodimus have all sorts of tweaks, so I doubt they are interchangeable, I know Rodimus can't.

I have all new ones coming for the next update which will incorporate some of Obijohns changes. I've been talking to him about it as I started playing with his and ran into the same issues he has with the file not taking. Sometimes it won't even flash after booting into the rom once first.

yoramsk

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I think I am doing something wrong. I used romtools to the wipe the cache, dalvik, and flash 1.2 but when it boots up I see all my old (stock) apps and maps is already present. Kernel says picasticks and build says Harmonia 1.0. What am I missing? I was expecting the black floral bg and all the old apps gone.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You aren't wiping everything you need to be wiping.

Boot into recovery and wipe Data/cache, then go into advanced and wipe dalvik, then flash the zip.
As it is, you are not wiping anything except cache.