[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

yoramsk

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You aren't wiping everything you need to be wiping.

Boot into recovery and wipe Data/cache, then go into advanced and wipe dalvik, then flash the zip.
As it is, you are not wiping anything except cache.
I tried again. I can wipe data/cache, no problem. When I choose wipe Dalvik Cache I get the following: "E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (no such file or directory)"

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried again. I can wipe data/cache, no problem. When I choose wipe Dalvik Cache I get the following: "E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (no such file or directory)"

That's fine, it just depends on how you are setup.
Wipe what you can, then flash the rom. If you have rebooted since the wipe, you will need to do it again.

Reactions: yoramsk

hamfactorial

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Well done LeslieAnn, I appreciate the new release. I noticed that I was having issues with my car stereo's bluetooth connection the other day. My phone permanently displayed "phonebook is being accessed by audio device" and then rebooted after a BT call. I was about to post a bug report about it but I saw the new release and tested it. 1.2 doesn't have that problem, so whatever you did or un-did has fixed my issue!

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
does anybody know what the differences are between harmonia and bumblebee roms? i'm currently using rodimus but want to change roms since the creator hasn't updated in awhile and want to try something new :)

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
BumbleBee has it's own kernel, ext modules built in, some framework tweaks, etc... Harmonia uses the Picasticks kernel which is very lean, meaning it may be a little faster. You have to load the modules for extensions partitions manually or via init.d with a boot script. In all fairness, they are very similar and very good. Either one you choose, you will not have gone wrong. So far, both are fairly stock, with lots and lots stripped out. Harmonia is more stripped. Anything you can download from the market is not included (for the most part). The bumblebee kernel is over clocked out the gate at 480/768 interactive.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thread title should be May not April. :p
Dang it, I thought I fixed that.

does anybody know what the differences are between harmonia and bumblebee roms? i'm currently using rodimus but want to change roms since the creator hasn't updated in awhile and want to try something new :)

Bumblebee is a minimalist rom focused on speed and tweaks. It's a power users rom.

Harmonia is a builders rom. Think of it as a foundation, I provide you with a good base, and you add to it.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Well done LeslieAnn, I appreciate the new release. I noticed that I was having issues with my car stereo's bluetooth connection the other day. My phone permanently displayed "phonebook is being accessed by audio device" and then rebooted after a BT call. I was about to post a bug report about it but I saw the new release and tested it. 1.2 doesn't have that problem, so whatever you did or un-did has fixed my issue!

I had similar problems with my BT and I reported, LeslieAnn said she will look into it and come up with a fix and she did, within a few days. I dont know what she did but it worked.

Black Jesus

Banned
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
LeslieAnn, Did you do anything to the wireless?
I just flashed your new rom this morning and on speed tests through wireless I always got 6-7 Mbps down on a 15 Mbps connection now my wireless speeds have skyrocketed after your latest update.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had similar problems with my BT and I reported, LeslieAnn said she will look into it and come up with a fix and she did, within a few days. I dont know what she did but it worked.
Just changed out some drivers.
Honestly, it was a shot in the dark that worked (not that there was a lot of alternatives).

LeslieAnn, Did you do anything to the wireless?
I just flashed your new rom this morning and on speed tests through wireless I always got 6-7 Mbps down on a 15 Mbps connection now my wireless speeds have skyrocketed after your latest update.
Nothing that I know of.
My speeds are still around 5mbit. I wish I could get your speeds. I have a 32meg net connection with a dual band N/gigabit router, and yet mine is sloooooooow.

I tried playing with the setting and still no luck.

bubu12345

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi leslieann, I notice in this ROM, I can't send file via bluetooth. I can receive just fine. Can anybody else confirm on this?
In any case, thanks for your wonderful work on this ROM.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey LeslieAnn,

The best part of this new update is that the battery life is amazing on it while on stand by. Since I took it off the charger this morning it is still at 100%.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey LeslieAnn,

The best part of this new update is that the battery life is amazing on it while on stand by. Since I took it off the charger this morning it is still at 100%.
That is not normal. Reset battery stats. I know when using the picasticks kernel it will stay on 100% longer then any other percent, but having 100% all morning is not normal and likely incorrect.

huchman

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks for this ROM. Quick, Frees up tons of memory, and everything works! Harmonia 1.2 + link2sd + VM = Best dang deal on the planet! Thanks much for your work and for being so active.

-Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey