[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

editordz

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get the camera to work with this rom. No app can connect to the camera, I tried Facebook, Tango, Camera, Camcorder, etc.

Does the camera work for you all? Any ideas, I am a noob.

-Dan

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get the camera to work with this rom. No app can connect to the camera, I tried Facebook, Tango, Camera, Camcorder, etc.

Does the camera work for you all? Any ideas, I am a noob.

-Dan

Works fine here.
Shouldn't be an issue, all of that system is stock.

Re--download and re-install.

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I did just that, and now it works fine. If only Netflix streamed without the green bar on this ROM, things would be perfect :)

Thanks for the help!

Earlier when your camera messed up, had you done the Netflix build.prop trick? The same problem was mentioned in that thread. So if it happens again just restore the build.prop & reboot instead of reinstalling.

editordz

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Earlier when your camera messed up, had you done the Netflix build.prop trick? The same problem was mentioned in that thread. So if it happens again just restore the build.prop & reboot instead of reinstalling.

I did the build.prop trick both before when the camera wasn't working, and after the re-install. Both produce the green bar. I also tried the modified app from xda, same results. Everything works and streams great, but picture has a green bar on top. But that probably belongs in the other thread anyways.
-Dan

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I did the build.prop trick both before when the camera wasn't working, and after the re-install. Both produce the green bar. I also tried the modified app from xda, same results. Everything works and streams great, but picture has a green bar on top. But that probably belongs in the other thread anyways.
-Dan

Oh lol I meant that changing the build.prop was what could have messed up your camera, that same issue was reported in the Netflix thread.

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I updated the Maps flasher.
To install, uninstall any updates, then flash the new one in post 2.

The next version of Harmonia is on hold indefinitely.

I never said it was fixed.

lol ok? i was jus looking for a temp fix ..

but this rom is great and thats the only flaw ive found so whoever wants a fix here it is:

to anybody that wants a temp fix .. on your dial pad press *#*#4636#*#* then go to the first selection there which is phone information and click menu. then click the first selection on the menu that pops up and its going to force close. then go back to phone information and scroll down to wher it says CMDA auto and switch it to CMDA only, then again switch it to CMSA auto. do this every reboot and you should be good.

Last edited:

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

but this rom is great and thats the only flaw ive found so whoever wants a fix here it is:

to anybody that wants a temp fix .. on your dial pad press *#*#4636#*#* then go to the first selection there which is phone information and click menu. then click the first selection on the menu that pops up and its going to force close. then go back to phone information and scroll down to wher it says CMDA auto and switch it to CMDA only, then again switch it to CMSA auto. do this every reboot and you should be good.

Orrrrr.... Airplane toggle at boot. /shrug

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Orrrrr.... Airplane toggle at boot. /shrug

Neither is foolproof, particularly the method Vee mentioned.
I have a long sordid history with that menu, and attribute a LOT of early OV network issues to that menu. Personally, I won't touch that menu.

The problem is not nearly what people make it out to be. Does it hurt battery life? It depends, but from what I and others have seen, it's minimal at best.

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Neither is foolproof, particularly the method Vee mentioned.
I have a long sordid history with that menu, and attribute a LOT of early OV network issues to that menu. Personally, I won't touch that menu.

The problem is not nearly what people make it out to be. Does it hurt battery life? It depends, but from what I and others have seen, it's minimal at best.

my bagtery lasts no more than 12 hours with the bug.. it really kills minee.

you should include the apk app that puts it in airplane mode for 12 secs wen the phone starts. I use that now and it worked so far.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
my bagtery lasts no more than 12 hours with the bug.. it really kills minee.

you should include the apk app that puts it in airplane mode for 12 secs wen the phone starts. I use that now and it worked so far.

Why include it for a small percentage of people when you can add it if needed?

While some roms take the approach of include all you can to appeal to as many as possible, my roms take the opposite approach of, "here is a good foundation, add what you need to make it work best for you". This way you get the cleanest, fastest rom possible without any bloat.

Unless you are a real heavy user, you have something else killing your battery. Testing has shown all roms get relatively the same battery life at this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63