With all these ROMs and kernels...which one should I pick?

x_magus_x

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there maybe an up-to-date chart showing the features/improvements of them (along with what doesn't work), and/or charts showing performance with each or something? Maybe somebody is ambitious enough to take the time and compare them, listing pros/cons =P ? I saw the topic with the battery life comparison, but is there anything more extensive and not just covering battery life?

I mean, I started with Rodmius, went to Aphrodite 1.x, and now I'm on Aphrodite 2.x...and I've also noticed there's not only all these different ROMs and kernels, but also small updates/patches/tweaks/etc. available separately...and I don't know which ones are worth it, or whether they're included in whatever ROM/kernel already or what.

And just wondering, does any ROM include changing the LCD density from 160 to 120? I find this highly beneficial in being able to see much more on the screen (especially when texting) while still being able to read very clearly...the only problem (annoyance is probably the better word) I've found so far is certain things not scaling correctly (ex. the phone dialer becoming a small numpad in the center of the screen, as opposed to staying large).

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there maybe an up-to-date chart showing the features/improvements of them (along with what doesn't work), and/or charts showing performance with each or something? Maybe somebody is ambitious enough to take the time and compare them, listing pros/cons =P ? I saw the topic with the battery life comparison, but is there anything more extensive and not just covering battery life?

I mean, I started with Rodmius, went to Aphrodite 1.x, and now I'm on Aphrodite 2.x...and I've also noticed there's not only all these different ROMs and kernels, but also small updates/patches/tweaks/etc. available separately...and I don't know which ones are worth it, or whether they're included in whatever ROM/kernel already or what.

And just wondering, does any ROM include changing the LCD density from 160 to 120? I find this highly beneficial in being able to see much more on the screen (especially when texting) while still being able to read very clearly...the only problem (annoyance is probably the better word) I've found so far is certain things not scaling correctly (ex. the phone dialer becoming a small numpad in the center of the screen, as opposed to staying large).

i changed mine to 120 and i got the garbage screen :(

x_magus_x

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i changed mine to 120 and i got the garbage screen :(

How did you change it? I'm using "LCD Density Changer" v5.4 by BeanSoft (and I have compatibility mode turned on, but that affects apps), and I have no problem, even when it's written to the build.prop and effected upon boot.

And if 120 doesn't work, 140 is another that should work.