- Brick Master
- 1,039 Posts
[ROM] Reborn ROM v2.1 5/13/11Prior to posting, please ensure you have read the rules for ROMs. Following these is not an option, it's a requirement both for developers and people using developers products. There will be no exceptions.
STOP and read the below
STOP and read the above
[info]This ROM is a combination of some of the greatest features of ThundeROM and nROM to create one high performance ROM that is very reliable.[/info]
We are not responsible for your device, SD cards, thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, we are simply making them available. - Steve Kondik
Your phone must be rooted, have a custom recovery. No exceptions.
v2.1 +Technical - changed up the tweaks99 script and build.prop to improve battery life. - removed noIQpatch. Too many people had problems with it. v2 + Technical - picasticks v7 kernel - thanks picasticks - changed governer to ondemand + Visual - added themed notification power widget - thanks JsChiSurf (for the mod) and 96blkgsr (for porting advice) - increased transition speeds - thanks k0nane (for the script) - removed usb debugging notification - thanks jholm7 (for the tip) - gps, music notification, and hot spot icons changed - added boot animation - network name changed to "Reborn ROM" - themed genie widget - removed vm button in dialer and made call button larger. Long press 1 for voice mail + Application - removed file expert. We recommend that you download it from the market for free - power control application for controlling some toggles - thanks JsChiSurf - removed spare parts because transition speed is set to fast by default + Other - fixed ringtone being silent after fresh flash - named ROM. Nameless ROM was already taken - noIQagent.zip now pushed to SD card - fixed missing widgets in LG launcher on fresh flash - set up wizard on fresh flash v1 + Base - Built off latest source for LGVM670 () - removed bloatware + Technical - hosts file to block ads in apps - busybox - sysrw & sysro commands - zipalign at boot - PNG Optimized - dalvik cache to cache mod - gumbo script - Thanks gbhil (some values based off our existing work, some based off ) - many build.prop edits (some values based off our existing work, some based off ) + Kernel - picasticks v7 kernel -Thanks Picasticks - overclocked @ 748 MHz w/ interactive governor on boot - able to be OC'ed up to 864 if your phone can handle it + Visual - custom notification icons for SMS/MMS, Email, Gmail, Gtalk, calendar - custom dialer - hybrid theme of ThundeROM and nROM - 10 HTC wallpapers (CDMA Hero) - 8 Android Central wallpapers - Thanks scodoublet + Application - LG launcher - espresso themed - File Expert file manager - - HTC IME mod keyboard - - wifi tether v2.0.8 - - music mod music player - - terminal emulator () - - TWS fix application - - app widget picker () - - Spare parts - Thanks gbhil - updated Gapp - alarm clock to replace deskclock - modded email client - EAS bypass + Other - tweaks script build.prop editor () - reboot mod - voice control button mapped to call - only power button wakes phone
*MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING. THIS IS NOT AN OPTION.*
*For best results, make sure you have a full charge before flashing.*
1. Download for the Optimus V. Do not open it, do not extract it, do not rename it.
2. Place on root of sdcard
2. Reboot to recovery.
3. Wipe data,cache,dalvik
4. Flash Reborn ROM.
5. Reboot and enjoy!
Known Bugs specific to this ROM:
- Our launcher doesn't play nice with different LCD density's because the PNG's do not scale. Default density is 160. If you'd like to change your density you need to use a different launcher/home replacement. This is not something we are looking into changing.
Reporting an issue
If you identify an issue that's not already listed in the bugs section above please do the following. If you have not done the following we will simply point you back to this section so please help us help you.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT GENEREAL ANDROID/SPRINT/FROYO/LG BUGS.
- If you are running a custom kernel do not report the issue until you have gone back to the kernel provided with the ROM, and can duplicate the issue.
- If you are running a task killer/battery saver/app smasher etc etc.... do not report the issue until you have removed the task killer, rebooted your phone, and can duplicate the issue.
- If you are having an issue with any app that you download from the market or any other source, please do not report the issue to us. There is a very good chance this has little or nothing to do with the ROM and everything to do with that specific app. You should check to see if others on similar ROMs are having an issue with that app. Check to see if the app dev has a bugs list. check to see if the app is compatible with your version of Android. Email the app dev to see if they are aware. Uninstall and reinstall the app. etc... etc... etc...
- If you are not on our newest version of the ROM AND did not do a full wipe prior to flashing, do not report an issue until you have done so.
- Do not use this thread as your personal help forum. We understand you may have questions about things that are unrelated to the ROM but you want them answered quick so you post them in here. These types of questions will be moved out of the thread, which requires us to manually intervene, please save us the time. You will notice that the same people who are active in this thread are active in every Optimus thread. Post your question outside of this thread, in the general area for assistance.
EX: How do I mount or unmount my SD card when i connect to a PC? This is a legitimate question, but has nothing to do with the ROM.
- Duplicate the issue. If you don't know how it happened or how to do it again, neither do we lol
- Have you rebooted your phone and after reboot can duplicate the issue? If not please do.
- Post very detailed instructions on how to duplicate the issue, for example:
-Click Menu > Settings > Display
-Un-check "Auto Rotate Screen" then the phone punches me in the face
Credits & Thanks:
- Many credits are given in the changelog. Please take a moment and read them.
- The AndroidCentral Family
- Beezy and KSmithInNY for their work on ThundeROM
Not expected but humbly accepted.
- Brick Master
- 1,039 Posts
- 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM #3
- 04-26-2011, 09:29 AM #4
- 04-26-2011, 09:51 AM #5
- 04-26-2011, 10:02 AM #6
- 04-26-2011, 10:19 AM #7
- 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM #8
We are excited to get another great option for a ROM! I am flashing it now so will report my feedback once I know how it affects and runs on my phone.
Thoughts. (early) dig the unlock only coming up with power button.
Love the transparency. I tried getting it to work when using UOT but kept failing on me.
Last edited by Kreatur3; 04-26-2011 at 10:34 AM.
- 04-26-2011, 10:30 AM #9
- 04-26-2011, 10:36 AM #10
Edit: I flashed it with CWMA .6 figured I'd post since I'm sure someone or other will ask. (not that they will read this) haha.
Last edited by Kreatur3; 04-26-2011 at 10:50 AM.
- 04-26-2011, 10:58 AM #11
- 04-26-2011, 10:58 AM #12
- 04-26-2011, 11:05 AM #13
The power button being the only thing to bring up unlock screen is cool imo but I keep trying to hit home so will take me a bit to get used to lol.
- 04-26-2011, 11:06 AM #14
- 04-26-2011, 11:07 AM #15
- 33 Posts
Thanks for sharing this ROM with us. Everything is working great so far.
*Edit: The only thing that I have noticed is that in the OP you state that there is a TWS fix application included, but it is not running at boot. Not a big deal but thought I would let you know. I installed with a full wipe and everything else is flawless for me. Thanks again.
Last edited by krowley3; 04-26-2011 at 12:52 PM.
- 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM #16
- 04-26-2011, 01:11 PM #17
Weird issue. After installing this rom/kernel it wouldnt recognize my second partition for links2sd. I know there have been issues in the past with pica and ext so tried flashing over the Bumblebee kernel (which is what I normally use) and same issue. Thought maybe my sd card was going bad so restored my backup of rodimus/bumblebee and everything is working fine again.
Yes, I did a full wipe of every option in the CWMA .6 version menu structure.
- 04-26-2011, 01:36 PM #18
- 04-26-2011, 01:37 PM #19
- 283 Posts
About the rom, flashed it with full wipe with no issues, lovin it so far. Gotta say, I hope I don't run into any issues with this rom, this is possibly the best theme based rom i've used, and I've used a lot. Will update later.
Last edited by vee; 04-26-2011 at 02:01 PM.
- 04-26-2011, 02:09 PM #20
Flash after wiped, I keep getting "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Over and over. Thoughts?
Elaboration: This happened after I restored my SMS backup from Titanium Backup (I like to save text messages.) I am coming down from 2.3.3, didn't think about it being an issue but I assume this is what the problem is.
Last edit: Seems to be fine after I wiped and flashed again, not going to try restoring my SMS again. Oh well, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, although if anyone can think of a way to restore them that would be awesome.
Last edited by cole2kb; 04-26-2011 at 02:28 PM.
- 04-26-2011, 02:41 PM #21
- 04-26-2011, 02:41 PM #22
- 04-26-2011, 02:56 PM #23
- 507 Posts
- Changes to Often
MD5 for the download. B86A55438CA4FD700DB4D0F58173FFFC
Download link IS working fine.
Wiped everything, and installed via recovery. This rom looks amazing. Love the icons and transparency, and black status bar, white clock, etc.. It's running great. As a few people have noted, the TWS application is not running at boot. Swype is the default keyboard and not the HTC_IME. Im not sure which was intended to be the default.
Bluetooth works (turned it on, didn't pair with anything)
Rotating works (it's disabled for the homescreen)
Proximity Sensor works
Mounting/Unmounting SD works
Buttons are mapped correctly (pressing the home button will not open app drawer, but will close it. This might be intended. I normally use LauncherPro)
Everything appears to be working
Members: Default CPU speeds 245/748. You might want to bump up the lowend if you follow mmarz battery test thread.
Edit: For Devs: Not sure if you are interested, but here is a a of my boot.
Last edited by Takenover83; 04-26-2011 at 03:45 PM.
- 04-26-2011, 03:06 PM #24
- 04-26-2011, 03:10 PM #25