Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ROM
    Ath3nos/MMarz CM7 for OV!

Default Re: Super Secret Optimus V Button Combos

This one isn't a big deal at all, but you if you long press the physical search button, it will bring up your text messages.

ROM
    Stock/stock

I just tested Safe Mode for kicks. Still got my lock screen displayed. Tried entering the wrong pattern and was told the usual error. Just to set that myth to rest.

Also, Safe Mode displays "Problem Loading Widget" in place of any userland widgets. Widgets from "system" apps work fine. (I use quotes because when you're rooted /system/app is just another place to toss APKs. And I've integrated several updates of Maps/Latitude into my ROM using Titanium Backup.) This is actually a problem the next time you boot, because all the widgets that had a problem loading in Safe Mode will be removed. I just had to reconfigure all my widgets.

So very late to this thread (and this forumI just registered today)... I've had an Optimus V since March.

I also just tested the reboot combo (power + vol. up). Had to get out of Safe Mode somehow, right? Looks like it might only do what some root apps call a "quick reboot", or rebooting "the Android UI". Ever since enabling Link2SD my cold boots have taken about a minute just on the "android" animation, and the reboot I just did with the button combo took less than 30 seconds to show the lock screen. Which is about how long a "quick reboot" in Link2SD takes.

Hope all this detail is useful and not superfluous. (It probably is useless, because it's buried on page 3. )
    Last edited by hidgw; 10-10-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Even more additional data acquired

Question Re: Super Secret Optimus V Button Combos

How do i get out of safe mode?

ROM
    Stock/stock

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny44 View Post
    How do i get out of safe mode?
    Reboot.

Question Re: Super Secret Optimus V Button Combos

I dropped my phone in water then dried it out and it works fine but ever since i dropped it, it automatically went into safe mode, how do i get out of safe mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny44 View Post
    I dropped my phone in water then dried it out and it works fine but ever since i dropped it, it automatically went into safe mode, how do i get out of safe mode?

ROM
    Stock/stock

Sounds like a shorted button contact. I'd bet the only options are a repair (well, replacement; phones don't get repairs much these days)—which you'd pay for—or a bit of DIY work, taking it apart and fixing it yourself.

It's likely POSSIBLE to fix it yourself, but you should have a LOT of confidence in your ability to take it apart and reassemble the pieces correctly and without damaging them. You can definitely completely brick your phone if you mess up during the disassembly or reassembly; it's not something to be done lightly.

Edit: You have a duplicate post.
    Last edited by hidgw; 01-27-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: noted duplicate post

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

just thought I would bring this back, just to inform the new members /exciting members
    Last edited by Badboytoast; 02-05-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

it's back to inform!!!!!

hotmail.com

This is not useful but search+camera is the back button.

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Holding the home button to bring up recently opened programs, take that Apple xD

no matter what I try,Ill get the boot screen up it says android recovery,but then it just restarts,I can not do anything..
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Why are u posting this here&in an old thread?!?

But, sounds to me like you need to reflash the recovery .img
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

My power button does not work, therefore all of these were not possible for me. I got locked out of my phone, mind you that the phone has not been in service for over a year (because I didn't need it). Is their anyway I can hack into my phone for free, I tried getting into my gmail, but alas it didn't work. Got any tips? -For the LG Opt V
    Please Email me if you got the answer @Emailshizuka@yahoo.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12