Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Super Secret Optimus V Button Combos

Obviously these are not that secret, but I thought it was a good idea to make a list of them.

Boot into Recovery:
    1. Power off.
    2. Hold the Home Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button at the same time.
    3. Release when you first see the LG logo.

Boot into Emergency Mode:
    1. Power off.
    2. Plug in the USB cable and wait for the charging screen to come on.
    3. Hold the Return Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button at the same time.
    4. Release when you first see the LG logo.

Boot into Safe Mode:
    1. Power off.
    2. Hold the Menu Button and the Power Button at the same time.
    3. Release only after ALL of the boot animations have finished.
    4. You should see "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner of the screen.

Manually Reboot:
    1. Hold the Volume Up Button, and the Power Button at the same time for 10 seconds.
    2. The volume will increase while you do this.

List of Recent Apps:
    1. Hold down the Home Button.

If you guys know of any others, please share.
    Last edited by mmarz; 06-05-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Thanked by 16:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    nin

ROM
    Harmonia 1.2

As dumb as this sounds, I just discovered (by accident) holding down the home button pops up a list of recent apps. Works great for certain apps that tend to restart whenever you navigate out of them. This isn't just Optimus specific but thought it fit the idea.
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by nin View Post
    As dumb as this sounds, I just discovered (by accident) holding down the home button pops up a list of recent apps. Works great for certain apps that tend to restart whenever you navigate out of them. This isn't just Optimus specific but thought it fit the idea.
    Judges?....

I'll allow it!
    Thanked by:
    Milked 

ROM
    MIUI

Nice, I didn't know about 3 of those 5 currently posted. Thankfully I have never needed those options (emergency and safe mode).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Apparently, Safe Mode disables any apps that run at start-up and also any lock screens or pins. Great for thieves or forgetful Grandparents.

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by mmarz View Post
    Apparently, Safe Mode disables any apps that run at start-up and also any lock screens or pins. Great for thieves or forgetful Grandparents.
    SWEET! Now I can get into that other optimus I jacked from the elementary school kid. He was so small and helpless I couldn't help myself! KIDDING! but great info lol.

ROM
    aospmod recent

Emergency mode and reboot didn't work for me. lol
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidplacidity View Post
    Emergency mode and reboot didn't work for me. lol
    I forgot a step for emergency mode. The USB cable needs to be plugged in. I've tested it on my phone, and it worked. The same goes for rebooting. You have to hold it for what seems like forever.

The reboot combo worked nicely this morning. I started my phone up which is running Rodimus 1.2.3 and it got stuck at the bootloader. I thought at first I was going to have to pull the battery, which is a pain because the case I have on my phone is difficult to get off.

Anyway, I did the reboot combo (power + vol_up) for 10 seconds or so, it rebooted and started up fine, no need to pull the battery or remove my case.

Thanks!

ROM
    aospmod recent

Quote Originally Posted by notserpmh View Post
    The reboot combo worked nicely this morning. I started my phone up which is running Rodimus 1.2.3 and it got stuck at the bootloader. I thought at first I was going to have to pull the battery, which is a pain because the case I have on my phone is difficult to get off.

Anyway, I did the reboot combo (power + vol_up) for 10 seconds or so, it rebooted and started up fine, no need to pull the battery or remove my case.

Thanks!
    Yeah, this is perfect. Every time I get a boot loop, I have to take the case off. It's nearly impossible. lol.

ROM
    Stock + Xionia010

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidplacidity View Post
    Yeah, this is perfect. Every time I get a boot loop, I have to take the case off. It's nearly impossible. lol.
    Yea, me too.. that'll save my fingernails for sure. For case I have a black silicone thing that's nice and washable. Still, have to take that off too if I mess something up.

Great :/ news about the safe mode. So having a lock screen is pretty much useless.

Oh, and what is 'emergency mode'?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I haven't tested out if the lock screen is disabled for safe mode, but that is what I read.

Emergency mode is for the KDZ updater to upload a new LG firmware image. It is only needed to recover from a total brick or to upgrade your baseband. There is no reason for any Optimus V owner to use it because there has only been one baseband released by LG for our phone.

ROM
    Stock + Xionia010

I haven't tested out if the lock screen is disabled for safe mode, but that is what I read.

Emergency mode is for the KDZ updater to upload a new LG firmware image. It is only needed to recover from a total brick or to upgrade your baseband. There is no reason for any Optimus V owner to use it because there has only been one baseband released by LG for our phone.
    Oh, I see.. what is this KDZ updater you speak of? Be nice to have that around in case I do something really silly. Although nandroid backups have been all I've needed so far.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Delphis View Post
    Oh, I see.. what is this KDZ updater you speak of? Be nice to have that around in case I do something really silly. Although nandroid backups have been all I've needed so far.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...tml#post850501

But I haven't had anyone confirm that this works. So be careful. Unless something goes terribly wrong, you'll never need to use this.

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...tml#post850501

But I haven't had anyone confirm that this works. So be careful. Unless something goes terribly wrong, you'll never need to use this.
    Mmarz has anyone created a .cab file for the OV to use with kp500? Because u can use emergency mode with it for the OS.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

That cab file I posted in that link is for the OV from LG. LG has since removed the workaround that allowed us to get the cab files, but I saved the file and uploaded it.

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

So worse case our phones can be restored back to factory using kp500 and the cab file u posted? Just asking for future reference.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Like I said, no one has flashed it successfully as far as I know. The ones that did try flashing it failed had first flashed the wrong cab file. So no one has followed the correct directions either. We still need a lab rat to test this on.

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

I could never get kzd to work when I had the s. Cab file may work with kp500. I get the chance I'll test and find out. Just trying to figure out what I need to unlearn from the s forum. Lol

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

What exactly is "kp500", because I thought it was a phone?

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

What exactly is "kp500", because I thought it was a phone?
    Best way to describe it is check out the s forum. What it does is install cab file using lg update tool forcing it to load the cab file. On the OS is used to downgrade software versions to root their phone. Then they upgrade to their latest software version and keep root. It can also be used to go back completly to unrooted stock. I used it a lot. Like I said check out the s forum for a more detailed explanation or google it lol. I figured if it worked on our phone if it was bricked it could be an option to unbrick it.

Last edited by 00_wrath_00; 04-29-2011 at 05:20 PM.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

I see, it is a utility that was released for the KP500 and has since been modified to work with all the LG phones. I'm pretty sure both KDZ and this utility work the same way, but I'm never tried either. If you get it to work, directions on how to do it would be awesome.

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

KP500 is actually easier to use. As soon as I get a chance mmarz I'll give it a try and post back may take a while just busy busy busy lol. Getti. Ready to move and pc died so all I have is my phone lol.

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

I miss having something like RSDlite (motorola) to have piece of mind that even a bricked phone can be nursed back to life.

My DX was "hard" bricked after a bad rom flash. I was panicking and couple people from droidx forums helped me recover with rsdlite.

I noitced the Optimus didnt have anything like this and was a big factor in why I was leery in buying the phone. I hope these mentioned tools can be confirmed to work at some point.

Thanx good stuff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast