? About other roms

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
We all know there are some roms for other phones that we would like to have on our phones. Is there anyway we can modify it to work with ours like replacing some things on it like the kernal and boot.img and stuff or will that put the phone in a bootloop? Are there certain things in the roms that make the phone with the processor and things?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Widget Locker can do some of the lock screens shown.
There are other apps to do it as well.

Most docks/launchers have been ported from one to another, or can be themed onto them. Anyone with any graphic skills can make Launcher Pro look how they want. ADW and Go have TONS and TONS of themes and ADW has a pack of templates to download to make your own theme. Some will let you change the icon for each app (LauncherPro certainly does). You woudl be amazed at the number and variety of launchers there are.

Statusbars... most are not very customized, I have a few in the Harmonia thread that work with most common roms that don't already have them (check post 2). These are not really that easy to customize. They can be, but most won't. Using UOT Kitchen is the easy way, as it has lots of options, but going beyond that can be painstaking. While a usb connected icon requires only 1, a custom battery icon can involve 200+ images.

Almost anything you want to do, has probably been done, or is relatively easy if you look. This is exactly why I don't theme Aphrodite or Harmonia. Other than the Statusbar, it's all easy enough to do.

Swapping parts however, is a surefire way to break your phone, I've done it many times.
It only takes one wrong line to bring everything to a halt.

Check out this forum.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=527
There are threads for themes, widgets and more (look at the stickies). Have a look, you will be amazed at what is out there.

Reactions: staticmaal

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Most docks/launchers have been ported from one to another, or can be themed onto them. Anyone with any graphic skills can make Launcher Pro look how they want. ADW and Go have TONS and TONS of themes and ADW has a pack of templates to download to make your own theme. Some will let you change the icon for each app (LauncherPro certainly does). You woudl be amazed at the number and variety of launchers there are.

Statusbars... most are not very customized, I have a few in the Harmonia thread that work with most common roms that don't already have them (check post 2). These are not really that easy to customize. They can be, but most won't. Using UOT Kitchen is the easy way, as it has lots of options, but going beyond that can be painstaking. While a usb connected icon requires only 1, a custom battery icon can involve 200+ images.

Almost anything you want to do, has probably been done, or is relatively easy if you look. This is exactly why I don't theme Aphrodite or Harmonia. Other than the Statusbar, it's all easy enough to do.

Swapping parts however, is a surefire way to break your phone, I've done it many times.

Check out this forum.
Android Themes - xda-developers
There are threads for themes, widgets and more (look at the stickies). Have a look, you will be amazed at what is out there.

thank you :D

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Check out this forum.
Android Themes - xda-developers

Do you know where the lock screens would be in the rom in like which folder
[ROM] [04/26] [**Gingerbread JVB 2.3.3 - ApeX 6.1 Beta**][**JS8 2.2.1 - ApeX 5.3**] - xda-developers
it looked for it in the widget locker themes

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
it's spread out between framework-res.apk and android.policy.jar both in the framework folder. I've been looking at the different lockscreens. Well the rotary and a sense styled. The samsung one will be a pain especially since may is rolling around and hopefully we'll be getting gingerbread

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
it's spread out between framework-res.apk and android.policy.jar both in the framework folder. I've been looking at the different lockscreens. Well the rotary and a sense styled. The samsung one will be a pain especially since may is rolling around and hopefully we'll be getting gingerbread

so do i look in those files

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
hopefully we'll be getting gingerbread
Ive heard this some many times and I seem to always end up shaking my head in disbelief. No matter what we wont be getting gingerbread in may period. I dont care what LG says, until Virgin gives a release date I wouldn't hold your breath. IIRC 2.3 is/has been leaked for the Droid X and there is no official announcement when that phone will get it.

If somebody can show me a official announcement from VM and LG that we will be getting 2.3 in may I will post a retraction statement. But until then it would be nice if people would stop posting misleading information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair