Emergency Recovery Techniques (That Don't Currently Work!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So far, none of these methods have worked because the firmware files that LG has put out are broken!

NO ONE should try this. No one. Not ever. Don't do this. This will brick your phone. No one do this! If you can get into adb shell or your recovery there is absolutely no reason to ever do this! Never ever ever ever ever ever!!!!!

If you want to return to the Stock Rom, here is a sensible way to do it that caries very little risk: http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v/58106-how-return-your-phone-stock-mostly.html

What are THESE methods good for? When something has seriously gone wrong and no one can help you save your phone. Before throwing your phone into the trash, you can try one of these techniques. The only reason these methods were developed is that some unwitting Optimus V users used these exact same steps to flash Optimus S .cab files to their phones, and we were trying to reverse the damage. If these steps did not exist in the first place, then they wouldn't have gotten into the mess they were in. Do you see the irony?

There are two methods I am going to outline. One is using the KDZ updater. The other is using the KP500 utility. No one has confirmed that either one of these methods work. If they do work, they should return your phone to state they were in from the factory.

These are UNTESTED!!! Like $2 hooker untested. Use at your own risk!

Both methods assume you already have the LG drivers installed.

Method 1:

1. Download the Optimus V Stock Firmware Cab: VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab
  2. Rename the cab file from VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab to VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.kdz
  3. And the KDZ updater: KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
  4. Uncompress the KDZ updater and install msxml.msi.
  5. Make sure your phone is fully charged.
  6. Turn your phone off (by pulling the battery if you half to).
  7. Plug in the USB cable.
  8. Hold down the volume down button, the power button, and the return button (the looping arrow button, not the home button). This is like entering recovery mode, but you are holding the return button instead of home.
  9. This will launch "Emergency Mode". Don't be alarmed.
  10. Your computer should start installing drivers. Let it finish.
  11. Emergency mode might start looping on and off. That's fine. It is trying to connect to the software on your computer. Ignore it.
  12. Disable LGE Virtual Modem drivers it installs. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable. (very important not to skip this step!) If there is no virtual modem listed, you may continue.
  13. This is as far as I've gone personally. The rest is theory.
  14. Shake the phone. (No clue why. Just mindlessly do it.)
  15. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe from the uncompressed KDZ updater.
  16. Select Type : CDMA (If that fails, try 3GQCT)
  17. Select PhoneMode : EMERGENCY (If that fails, try CS_EMERGENCY, or DIAG)
  18. After this point do not turn off your phone for any reason or error! If the falshing fails, just try using different settings from above, but don't restart the phone!!!!! Maybe you need to shake the phone more.
  19. Pick the Optimus V firmware file when asked to.
  20. Shake the phone for good luck and flash.

Method 2: (Thanks to 00_wrath_00)

1. Download the Optimus V Stock Firmware Cab: VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab
  2. Rename the cab file from VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab to VM670ZV4_13.cab
  3. Download the KP500 updater: http://forum.androidcentral.com/att...ing-kp500-diag-mode-kp500-utils-en-v0.4.2.zip
  4. Extract it into your C:\ directory such that KP500-Utils-EN.exe is located: C:\KP500-Utils-EN-v0.4.2\KP500-Utils-EN.exe
  5. Place the Firmware cab file into the same directory
  6. Remove any instance of any previous LG Updater from your PC. Do this by going to C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client and then clicking on the file B2CAppUninstall.exe
  7. Then delete the folder LGMOBILEAX
  8. Install the LG Mobile Support Tool Mobile Phone Support
  9. Turn off your phone and take out the microsd card
  10. Turn phone back on
  11. Connect your phone with the USB
  12. Make sure you have your phone in USB debugging mode by going to Settings/Applications/Development and tapping on USB debugging
  13. Run KP500-Utils-EN.exe
  14. Press the letter J on your keyboard and press enter
  15. Type VM670 for Phone Model and press enter
  16. Type VM670ZV4_13.cab and press enter
  17. Type VM670ZV4_13 for the Version and press enter
  18. The updater will open up and probably complain that the phone is not connected. Just click restart and the program will continue.
  19. Allow the program to do it's thing. Your phone eventually should reboot with a screen that says it's upgrading.
  20. Wait until the downgrade is complete and the phone reboots. Do not unplug your phone until the program asks you to exit.
  21. Your phone will stay on the android animation for a while and then it will start looping the animation. Don't panic. Wait about 4 or 5 minutes while it's looping.
  22. After that take the battery out. It's the only way to turn the phone off.
  23. Press and hold the "Power/Lock", "Home" and "Volume down" buttons down and wait until the little droid dude and progress bar appears. Then release the buttons. This is a factory reset.
  24. Then wait. Phone will start up and animation will take a while till it gets to the Welcome screen.

These are a hodgepodge of directions I cobbled together from many many threads. These are untested!!! If you try them and they work out, please let us know. I take no responsibility for any damage you do to your phone.

New Firmware!!!: VM670ZV5_07.S5_07.P61007.cab
(thanks to asadullah)

Direct link from LG for both firmware files:
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGVM670/AVGMBK/VM670ZV5_07/VM670ZV5_07.S5_07.P61007.cab
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGVM670/AVGMBK/VM670ZV4_13/VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab

Sources:
Lg Optimus V development thread - Android Forums
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...s/52145-how-unbrick-your-phone-using-kdz.html
[ROMS] Original LG Firmware list - xda-developers
Bricked lg optimus one help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Android Forums
[HOWTO] Phone not responding at all - last chance to repair - xda-developers

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Mmarz just a quick correction. When you rename the cab file rename it vm670zv4_13.cab. then the next step vm670zv4_13. If the files are not the same name I believe it wont work. Just to let you know. As mmarz stated it is untested for the OV. But in theory it should work. As our phones according to the LG updater our phone can be updated through LG updater.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mmarz

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Anytime. Just trying to help out with the little bit I know lol. Make sure that KP500 is in the c directory. Type in j then enter type vm670 enter. Type c:/kp500-utils-en-v0.4.2/vm670zv4_13.cab press enter type vm670zv4_13 enter. If it says can't read phone unplug USB cable. Plug back in and click continue. A little more indept directions if you want to add it. Also in theory you don't have to be in emergency mode. It should work in any mode as long as you have adb connection. It should also work if your phone is fully booted in android.

Last edited:

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Mmarz, once again, dude... You're a maker of magic.

What a great idea.

With a lot of people making little um... faux paus... (we've all almost been there :p) lately, a central source for help to the terrified users is a great idea.

If you need an absolute final resort set of chest paddles for your phone (CLEAR!!), this'll about do it.

Added to the master guide o' help sticky?

Thanks, yo.

-K

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It would be great if people do do this and it works they report back and let us know.
This would be a must have tool for people if it does in fact work.

I know I was never worried on my DX after rsdlite was leaked into the wild.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
okay I guess I got a death wish for my phone but I'm gonna try it. I'll record it the best I can so there's proof. This is something that andyo70 and I had tried but it wouldn't connect

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
okay I guess I got a death wish for my phone but I'm gonna try it. I'll record it the best I can so there's proof. This is something that andyo70 and I had tried but it wouldn't connect

If you get stuck on something just im me ill help with the kp500 method as much as I can

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Trying the second method this is almost as far as we got
updater.png

But if you put the phone in downloader mode it's a little different

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Trying the second method this is almost as far as we got
updater.png

But if you put the phone in downloader mode it's a little different

Can't read it on my phone. Does it say can't read phone or phone not connected? Hmm drivers downloaded?

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
all of the menus are read ???????????
the bottom of the log says normal connect success and emergency connect success
I also tried to put my phone into emergency mode by turning off the phone
plugging in the usb cord and pressing camera, search and volume down. I got there but it doesn't help.
Yeah drivers have been installed for awhile now

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Wish a had a PC to help test mine died. Try using it with the phone fully booted in android. Or maybe use a different USB port? With the OS I can be used in any mode. Or maybe click the three ??? Marks should refer to yes two ??for no. See if that does anything. It may not work with our phone. But I don't see why it wouldn't.

Last edited:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I clicked all of those. Then after that just to be sure that everything is okay ( correct usb drivers alot has happened since the last time this was tried) i ran the normal lg updater and check this out it's saying there's an update ( my phones still in downloader )

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Any ill effects on your phone? I hope it simply doesn't start rather than quitting after it starts.

That is seriously a scary screen to see.

"???" or "??" Pick!

Any better luck with method 1?

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I stopped for a minute to let my battery fully charge. I tried the update utility to download the new software but my phone keeps disconnecting so I'm gonna have to try a work around. I've always had problems with my phone and connecting it to my pc.

Okay I finally got it and I got the new cab file from the updater. I'm gonna upload it

Last edited:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
okay here's a link to the cab file. As everyone else has said don't use this. I'm hoping that someone will re-upload this. I'm a little worried about what this is it's 105mb. They might be trying to lock the bootloader like they did with the optimus m. Honestly I would rather try the other file before this.

For people having trouble like I did what eventually worked was rebooting to recovery let it do what it does and then power off with the phone connected from recovery

Download here

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
okay here's a link to the cab file. As everyone else has said don't use this. I'm hoping that someone will re-upload this. I'm a little worried about what this is it's 105mb. They might be trying to lock the bootloader like they did with the optimus m. Honestly I would rather try the other file before this.

For people having trouble like I did what eventually worked was rebooting to recovery let it do what it does and then power off with the phone connected from recovery

Download here

I don't understand. Which cab file worked? Which method?

Where did you get this? This is a new baseband. This might be handy for all of us, or it might be like you said, just to lock our phones.

I just want to make sure the steps are correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.