Help! Can't Root! Tried Everything!

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello fellow android-users. I have a problem. A problem that I can not figure out. My problem is the fact that no matter what I do I can't root my optimus v. I have tried literally everything and still can not root it. On the phone I've tried all known versions of Visionary, Z4root, easyroot, and universal androot. On the computer I've tried SuperOneClick but it always gets stuck on "waiting for device". I have searched so many forums and cannot find a solution. I think I could root it from the computer if it weren't for these bland general drivers I get installed on my computer every time I install drivers then plug my phone into the computer via usb. I have tried plugging it in to 3 different computers and always get these drivers. I have also tried 2 different usb to micro-usb cables (thinking that the one that came with the optimus might be charge only).Down below I have attached the drivers that always come up and what I think I should get (I screenshooted this from a youtube video).And all the lg android,virgin mobile, and usb drivers I have installed in various orders and mixed and matched but still no good. Also I have never had the phone get a usb notification when I plug it in.And yes I have Usb debugging turned on on the optimus. Although I have tried taking it off just for the heck of it.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
P.S. All i want to do is root it so that I can remove the bloatware and overclock it a bit.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I see on the little one it's looking for drivers on lg androidsomething or other... is usb debug on? What baseband are you running?

I know on win 7, it doesn't like the drivers... Go to device manager and look for a yellow triangle on android adb...
Swyped from my g-breaded optimus prime.

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I assume you are talking about the second attachment.This one is from a youtube video, so I don't know what the deal is.Also how do I find my baseband?So i can get back to you on that.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
On my phone, just see pics... Sry

either way... Menu settings about phone baseband is there

Swyped from my g-breaded optimus prime.

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Also alluding back to your first post: when I install the drivers there is a yellow triangle on "Coprocessor" and when i don't install drivers there is a yellow triangle over "Android device". And I have also tried on windows xp but I get the same results.

anon(184007)

Feb 22, 2011
neweragfx.com
Ok lets start fresh,
When did you buy your phone
What is the software info. Baseband, ect.
What guide are you using to root the phone?
What OS do you plan on using? 7 x86, x64 ect...

Ive rooted a few Optimus phones, the V and the S, so i can help you out as much as i can if you like.

PetGhost

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
)Open device manager, delete everything that has to do with Android. Leave it open
)Install drivers (Google for 'LG Optimus V official drivers')
)Plug phone in
)In device manager, look for 'Android Sooner Single ADB Interface'
)If it has a yellow exclamation point, start over, but use different drivers. Again, Google for them.

I found at least three different sets of drivers, there is 3.2 and 2.1, and then another generic set. I don't know which ones I have right now, but they work.

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If this helps anyone then good. I got this from my windows 7 64 bit computer.
Also Retaining to Magical:
*I recieved this phone from ebay around April 20ish.
*Baseband: VM670ZV4_60401001, Kernel Version:2.6.32.9, Build Version:FRG83
*I have used several guides but they all basically say the same thing "Install the drivers,put the phone in usb debugging mode, plug the phone in,then open superoneclick and press root"

And Retaining to PetGhost:
I appreciate the advice although I have already done this with every combination of drivers.
This attachments show everything driver related that I know of

anon(184007)

Feb 22, 2011
neweragfx.com
Want to give Linux a try? Ubuntu exe file... can always uninstall when done using it.

Also, have you downloaded and updated adb yet? If so try running adb devices and see if it shoes your device. If so then ignore the driver issue. Also try switching USB ports

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G running Evo-Deck 1.1 2.3.4

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Would using Linux be a sure thing?I don't think I've downloaded and updated adb. How would I go doing about that?Also I have tried switching usb ports with no luck and I could use a 32-bit vista or a 32 bit xp system (if needed).

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Delete all the drivers you installed. Lets start over. Look in this forum for Romtools. Read the instructions, install the drivers that download with it. And don't forget to rename the recovery.img to vrecovery.img. This a very simple easy to use way to root. I used this method to root my phone and know of many others who have used successfully. This will root, install su, flash a custom recovery and get you set to install a custom rom, if you choose to later. If you just want to remove bloat and be able to overclock, I suggest flashing the stock rom + xionia. This rom is mostly stock with the bloat removed and an overclockable kernel. You will need to download and install setcpu. You can find it if you search the xda-developers.com forums. Sorry, I don't have the links handy as I am on my phone right now.

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have installed Linux on my machine so it's a double boot (incase it's a last resort). I took all of the drivers off of the computer.Then I downloaded and used romtools although the same thing that always happens happened. It installed the same 4 drivers that always get installed (attached below).Then the same thing that always happens on superoneclick happened:It gets stuck on "waiting for device" with a big fat "not responding" at the top of the program (also attached) so that I'm forced to close it. I guess my main question is "Are those 4 drivers the ones that are supposed to be installed, and is it ok that the usb notification has never popped up on my phone?"

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Were you still trying to root with superone click, our did you try to use Romtools? And just to be sure, you do have usb debugging turned on?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I saw a similar problem here somewhere. They were also having problems with their pc recognizing their phone (issues with the drivers). I don't remember what the solution was, but I am doing some research to try to find it. It looks to me like you are having problems with the drivers not recognizing your phone properly. I know I saw the same issue before, just need to remember how they fixed it.

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I think that you are right riggerman.i think that is it because never have I once gotten a usb notification on the phone which tells me that in a sense my phone doesnt know that it is plugged in.thank you for all your time and effort.

jack454

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I used this and had to turn phone off for it to be found. Worked perfectly the first time.
76500-guide-tool-how-root-fastboot-style-fastest-easiest-way-around.html

Hope it helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty