kernel's that work w/ aosp gb 2.3.3 rom

ghostv714

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
looking into using a diff kernel and was wondering if i can use a diff kernel on aosp rom and still have mms working and what would be the best kernel to run i want performance idc much for battery life ans i have 3 batts that are charging fully charged or being used .. lol so any help would be great 1

thanks in advance

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying out the xionia anykernels with aospCM7 4/27, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch back to aosp's default kernel. I haven't noticed any real world impovements, but I have had a few glitches. I'm coming to the conclusion that the kernel packaged with the ROM is generally best at this point.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
None of them. They are not talking about CM7. It is a port of CM7 to the Optimus V by AOSP. Look in the reference guide posted at the top of this forum.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
looking into using a diff kernel and was wondering if i can use a diff kernel on aosp rom and still have mms working and what would be the best kernel to run i want performance idc much for battery life ans i have 3 batts that are charging fully charged or being used .. lol so any help would be great 1

thanks in advance

None of them. They are not talking about CM7. It is a port of CM7 to the Optimus V by AOSP. Look in the reference guide posted at the top of this forum.

Strictly speaking Marzz is correct. NONE.
You can get some S based Xionia kernels to do it, Xionia 008 was when Zefie started adding more optimizations for it. Older ones and 2.2 kernels will work, because it's backwards compatible, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. Since CM on our phones is a port, and the only 2.3 rom/kernel combo for the V (Zefie's has been abandoned for the time being), that pretty much only leaves you the stock kernel as an option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad