What do you guys suggest

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm running BB which has been the fastest smoothest ROM so far for me. But I wanna see what you guys are using because I've tried every ROM that has come out for the OV and I'm thinking about switching but I can't really decide since to me all the ROMs seem the same. Any suggestions?

aznrunner1881

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Aospcmod is the best way to go in terms of the most feature-rich rom. It's also very smooth and the aosp kernel performs very well. Battery life is also no longer a concern, and neither is MMS receiving. The only problem that may remain is that some people have trouble with Bluetooth headsets, but besides that, it's perfect!

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Aospcmod is the best way to go in terms of the most feature-rich rom. It's also very smooth and the aosp kernel performs very well. Battery life is also no longer a concern, and neither is MMS receiving. The only problem that may remain is that some people have trouble with Bluetooth headsets, but besides that, it's perfect!

agreed..i also use it no problems..

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I like the 2,2 roms. Harmonia, BumbleBee, Nameless, etc... AOSPCMOD (2.3.3) has some issue's for me. One of my favorite apps (Plex), does not work with it.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The camera app was also borked in the aospCM7 4/27 build a little, finishing recording a video doesn't auto load the gallery and the camera zoom is from 0.1 to 0.5 instead of 1-5. But the new build has worse issues, focus freezes it once the white focus square appears, so you have to set a volume button to snap a pic. But zoom is now 1-5. So pick your poison! ;)

For someone new to flashing ROMs, I would recommend the 4/27 build unless you find a need for Android 2.3.4. Spend some time in a 2.2 ROM learning about your phone's capabilities with that OS, go through all it's settings, see what it can/cannot do that you have read about. Then spend a day with aospCM7, go through all of it's settings/options, and see if you like it.

Flashing from one ROM to another is about a 30 minute job (though I can get it done in about 20 usually), if you backup/backup/wipe/format/flash/restore, you can pretty much do it while eating breakfast once you have all the files on your phone, so experiment, and have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt