[MOD] Black Notification Area and Blue Signal Bar for Bumblebee 2.1

anon(344696)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD] Black Notification Area and Blue Signal Bar for Bumbleb

I can't install this to Bumblebee 2.4 for some reason. I get the following message in the recovery:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was depreciated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages. Installation aborted.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I can't install this to Bumblebee 2.4 for some reason. I get the following message in the recovery:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was depreciated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages. Installation aborted.

Install this through your recovery: Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip

It will switch your recovery to one that can flash this and anything else.

Reactions: anon(344696)

dill8585

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

do you have to be running bumlebee to install the custom status bars or can you use the stock system and kernel and still install the custom status bars?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

It will work on stock (probably) but you will not get the power button mod and it will mess up running the new market (you won't be able to make purchases).

If you check Post #2 in Harmonia you will find a 100% compatible black statusbar that will not effect anything else. Be sure to use the older version.

butthead

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

If I want to change the clock color for BumbleBee compatible framework-res.apk, do I need to edit one of the XMLs or is that a job for editing in the services.jar? If it is in services.jar, does anyone know what I have to edit?

I'm looking to porting a theme which is why I'm asking. :-\

KSC7

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

I am using the third option, and it work flawlessly. Thanks for your hard work. This is all bumblebee needed to be a permanent addition to my V. :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

If I want to change the clock color for BumbleBee compatible framework-res.apk, do I need to edit one of the XMLs or is that a job for editing in the services.jar? If it is in services.jar, does anyone know what I have to edit?

Text on Froyo is in services.jar.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

If you want to change the clock, you should just flash the black bars like Leslieann said. After that you can flash something else over it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

butthead

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

If you want to change the clock, you should just flash the black bars like Leslieann said. After that you can flash something else over it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm trying to do it the manual way so I can learn. Can't get the files to recompile using apktool for the life of me. I'm just trying to port GB theme over to Froyo and maybe something ICS like. Trying to jazz up the phone since IHO does not work well for me and the Froyo builds are super stable and work very well with battery. :-\

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm trying to do it the manual way so I can learn. Can't get the files to recompile using apktool for the life of me. I'm just trying to port GB theme over to Froyo and maybe something ICS like. Trying to jazz up the phone since IHO does not work well for me and the Froyo builds are super stable and work very well with battery. :-\

Maybe ill join you. :p

I get stuck at porting the lockscreen and the square boxes. I can only port the taskbar since I'm not good with apk manager.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

butthead

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

I can get most of images in, but its too many hoops since I cannot decompile and apply straight away. The .9 files are also killing me. The signal bar needs to get the .pro files swapped out from lg-res.apk as well. I might try it on a Windows box and see if I can get it going. Otherwise... :'(

steveazusa

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

if I change the status bar will my black widow drop box change??? cause I like it :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke