Root access: ok........Now What?

jlstark

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Android and rooting but I rooted my week old Optimus V last night. According to Titamium Backup the root access is ok but I'm not sure what that means.

1) What differences should I be able to see and
2) Should I be able to access the phone when connected to my desktop. All I see is the sd card.

Thanks,
Jeff

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You rooted before knowing what it actually does? o_O Well, considering where you posted this topic under, theres many roms here that will make your phone better. If you rooted, you should be fine on flashing.

1) No differences until you delete bloatware or flash a rom that does everythin for you.
2) Sd card is accessing your phone, you can also adb while plugged in.

Do research next time before jumpin into anythin, same goes for life.

jlstark

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I said I was new to Android and rooting. Not computers or flashing. I have spent the last couple of years over at Crackberry doing some of this with my blackberry. I also read the entire 30 + pages of the [How-To] Root the LG Optimus V thread before I did anything else--so I think I did some research.

jlstark

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response.

The first "explicit purpose" was to remove what is known here on the forum as "bloatware". What wasn't and still isn't clear is the "how" to go about that. Is that accomplished only by flashing or are there other ways in which you can pick and choose what to remove--for example "twidroyd"?

The second "explicit purpose" was that I read on here some roms have more/better tower access than others do and eventually I was going to look into that.

I have been experimenting with computers and electronics since 1993. Most of it self taught by trial and error, reading books, manuals, and the Internet. So I guess to many on here it seems strange that a guy would root a phone without knowing what it all meant.

I read enough to know that if I wanted to customize my phone this was the first step. So then I read enough to know how to do it and accomplished it without any problems. Now I'm reading and asking trying to see what's next. May seem strange to some but I've been having fun this way for a long time.

And as far as life is concerned--I'm 51 years old, been married to the same women for 28 years and have 4 kids, 2 in college and one about to graduate. I am a leader of an organization and do counseling on the side. I think I understand a little about life and life is good.

Thanks again for your help.

Jeff

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There are apps u now have access to bc u r rooted. There are a few for uninstalling system apps to remove some of the bloatware but flashing a new recovery and ROM would be a better and more complete way to get rid of the bloat. U can also now use SetCPU to overclock ur phone.

jlstark

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Zedorda. I have grabbed a recovery and and am trying to flash it now and then will begin to look at some of the ROMs available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance