So is there any way to get Adobe Flash Player?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I've read that the operating system on the LG Optimus V doesn't support the flash player. but for us rooted folk, is there any work around for this? I'd really like to use Playon.tv on the phone. Thanks!

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope, our arm6 processor is incompatible with flash, unless Adobe writes the code. Until then, it is for the most part impossible to get flash working on any arm6 processor.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope, our arm6 processor is incompatible with flash, unless Adobe writes the code. Until then, it is for the most part impossible to get flash working on any arm6 processor.

flash also isnt good for the processor on any android phone. ever played with one running a video? they get VERY hot.

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
besides the battery issue on the thunderbolt that i was messing with a week ago, the phone didn't get hot under any circumstances...

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
No, iPhone will never have flash because it would be giving a large part of the control of web content to adobe. Apple does not like for others to influence how the overall experience on an iPhone occurs.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
No, iPhone will never have flash because it would be giving a large part of the control of web content to adobe. Apple does not like for others to influence how the overall experience on an iPhone occurs.

and its not good for the phone.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

iPhone will never have have flash because it is a "major security issue".

Apple believes the would explode and come to an end if someone were to create another jailbreak exploit using adobe flash.

Basic rule of thumb: If anything has even the slightest chance of compromising the device's stability or security you won't find it on the iPhone.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The CDMA HTC Hero had flash 10 working on several ROMS. I know this because I used to own this phone. My friend Cody still has his Hero and Flash 10 works on the ROM he is using. I now have the Optimus S, and my girlfriend has the Optimus V. So if flash 10 was working on the HTC Hero, which is almost 3 years old, why can't it work on our phones? That are better? The processor is slightly better, it has more RAM etc...

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
@phreak11 is correct that HTC Hero is arm 6 with flash
chip used in hero
Qualcomm MSM7200A - CPUlist | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of Smartphone, PDA, PDA Phone, PNA, netbook & Mobile Device Specifications
video of flash on hero
HTC Hero: The first Android device with Flash | Adobe Developer Connection

I imagine Adobe just stopped supporting arm 6 and just probably created a build for the Hero at the time.

port... port... port.. port.. port.. PORT!

Kiernon

Total homewrecker.
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
In this thread now: ANOTHER device besides our V having flash. :p

I jest.

Seriously, though, I'd imagine if a port was in any way possible, it'd likely be a known quest for devs to be implementing. I, for one, would absolutely love flash to be working and am at a loss why it's limited on capable devices (al la Netflix not being supported on V officially when it obviously works fine with it).

That said, Adobe products not being open source is kind of a roadblock as well, I'd think.

Still, one can never know what the future holds. There's plenty of creative and clever people tinkering with the V, so who knows.

As of today, however, sadly... It's just not happening. :(

-K

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You can get access to most sites that use flash by using skyfire. The reason adobe flash won't work on our phones is because adobe chose to end support for arm6 after running into issues in the development phase. Even the adobe lite that works on the stock HTC Hero rom runs with significant lag. The custom roms for the HTC Hero can't get a working port of adobe lite. That leads me to believe that it will be close to impossible to get working on the V.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis