Installation Aborted

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
every time I try flashing a Rom it starts up but then says "installation aborted". i've tried multiple Roms and i have this issue every time so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

I'll write out all the steps i take and hopefully someone can help

open Rom manager
click "reboot into recovery"
click "wipe data/factory reset"
click "wipe cache partition"
click "install zip from sdcard"
click "choose zip from sdcard"
pick a ROM
it's starts installing and then says "Installation aborted"

Now I can't even restore a previous backup

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You need to have the right recovery for the rom you are trying to install. Look in the thread for the rom you want, most of the dev's will list the proper recovery to use to flash their rom. It has to do with scripting in the rom from what I understand. If you are using the wrong recovery you will not be able to flash the rom. Also, when using rom manager make sure you are downloading a rom designed for the Optimus V. As far as I know, the only rom on Rom Manager for our phone is AOSP. I wouldn't recommend flashing anything else or you run the risk of it not working properly, at the least, or bricking your phone.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I was getting that with the rom manager recovery so I just flashed aosp recovery and deleted rom manager

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You need to have the right recovery for the rom you are trying to install. Look in the thread for the rom you want, most of the dev's will list the proper recovery to use to flash their rom. It has to do with scripting in the rom from what I understand. If you are using the wrong recovery you will not be able to flash the rom. Also, when using rom manager make sure you are downloading a rom designed for the Optimus V. As far as I know, the only rom on Rom Manager for our phone is AOSP. I wouldn't recommend flashing anything else or you run the risk of it not working properly, at the least, or bricking your phone.

I downloaded both the recovery image and the most current version of aosp. i put them on my phone. but I can't find the recovery image in the list of "choose an image to restore" and aosp won't show up in the root directory of the phone.

Just as clarification, I can't even get the phone to boot into the stock os, it's stuck with all the orange menus of ROM manager

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I was getting that with the rom manager recovery so I just flashed aosp recovery and deleted rom manager

how would I get that/do that? because when i flash a rom of the stock os it says that the installation is complete but when i go to reboot it just brings me back to the same screen

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
how would I get that/do that? because when i flash a rom of the stock os it says that the installation is complete but when i go to reboot it just brings me back to the same screen

If you follow Aosp on twitter he puts links to his newest recoveries/roms there. Well used to before he started using rom manager. That is where I got his newest recovery and grabbed the 601 rom from someone posting a link in this thread. :)

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

What rom are you trying to flash? Aosp? The only Rom that work with clockwork recovery is aosp and bumblebee. All others have to use xionia or RA recovery. Download mmarz aosp recovery zip. Put it on the root of your SD card go into recovery and flash go to advance and reboot to recovery. Buttons will be fixed and should beable to restore and or flash.

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What rom are you trying to flash? Aosp? The only Rom that work with clockwork recovery is aosp and bumblebee. All others have to use xionia or RA recovery. Download mmarz aosp recovery zip. Put it on the root of your SD card go into recovery and flash go to advance and reboot to recovery. Buttons will be fixed and should beable to restore and or flash.

I love those flashable recovery files that mmarz created. I love that guy...in a platonic sort of way lol.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I love those flashable recovery files that mmarz created. I love that guy...in a platonic sort of way lol.

I know I seen them for the optimus one and asked if it was possible and low and behold mmarz did it makes life easier lol

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I know I seen them for the optimus one and asked if it was possible and low and behold mmarz did it makes life easier lol

Well thank you very much for asking. Was always more steps than my lazy a$$ wanted to take doing it any other way. For some reason doing it through terminal never worked for me...probably some n00b mistake although there really isn't much to it.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Well thank you very much for asking. Was always more steps than my lazy a$$ wanted to take doing it any other way. For some reason doing it through terminal never worked for me...probably some n00b mistake although there really isn't much to it.

Possible lol. But typing in terminal just sux depending on the rom. And for a noob the flash zips are a good start. IMHO. But anyways hope that the zip helps the poster of this thread.

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
i tried using 2 different sd cards and the problem persists.
i put the latest version of aosp on the sd card along with the recovery image
i go to "install .zip from sdcard" but neither of them show up
A different ROM I downloaded shows up but when i try to install it, this comes up

--Installing: /sdcard/stockopv.zip
finding update package...
opening update package...
installing update...
ohno...
install from sdcard complete

when i try to reboot it just brings me back to the same orange menus =/

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Download a different recovery, rename it to vrecovery. I use xionia. Male sure its at the root of your sd. Use terminal emulator to flash it. Type

Su
Flash_image recovery /sdcard/vrecovery.Img

Than reboot in to recovery and try flashing your rom again

Bhupesh Nimje1

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Most of the Android users are getting this error while installing ROMs on their Android Device. To fix this follow the steps

• Move ROM to your PC and extract it anywhere
  • Now go to Meta-INF folder and then navigate to /com/google/android directory
  • After reaching to above mentioned location search for updater-script and then open it with Notepad++
  • Now search for “assert(getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “devicename” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “devicename” ||” (exclude first and last quotes )
  • Now change device name to your device suppose if you have nexus 7 then change devicename to grouper. (Grouper is code name for Nexus 7 similarly you can find name for your device easily on internet)
  • That’s all but don’t forget to save file after editing. Then ZIP the file again and move it to your device using custom recovery.

If you are not able to fix your error then check here for more solutions : Fix Installation Aborted Error

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL