No Market

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I decided to try and flash aosp ROM following all the advice and instructions on this forum, but it still didn't work for me.
When my phone booted up, there was no icon for the marketplace and i don't have any apps like ROM manager to go back to a restore point or astro to install the .apk for ROM manager.
When I restart my phone it doesn't bring up the orange menus of ROM manager so I have no idea how to get the marketplace back or my phone back to normal

I can hard reset the phone, doing this brings up blue menus reading

-reboot system now (which does just that and brings me to the home screen with no market)
-apply sdcard:update.zip (i have tried putting one of my previous recovery points saved on my computer as this file, but no luck*)
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition

*to elaborate, this is what the screen says
--Install from sdcard...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

If anyone has any ideas it'd be greatly appreciated. I have not been having anything work right for me in the whole modding process besides initially rooting my phone.

Thanks in advance

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
U need the gapps. U can find the in the aosp thread in the 1st post just flash them in recovery>flash zip from sdcard.

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with AOSP CM7

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
U need the gapps. U can find the in the aosp thread in the 1st post just flash them in recovery>flash zip from sdcard.

i'm not able to install anything from my sd card because i dont have ROM manager anymore. when i restart my phone it just restarts, it doesn't go to the orange menus. If i do a hard reset blue menus come up but the only option to install from sdcard is sdcard/update.zip
i've tried saving the gapps as update.zip and installing it this way but it wont work

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Install a different recovery, boot into the recovery, then use the install zip feature to install the google apps zip. Look at the reference guide if you need help with any of those steps. Any of the recoveries listed in the reference guide should work.

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Install a different recovery, boot into the recovery, then use the install zip feature to install the google apps zip. Look at the reference guide if you need help with any of those steps. Any of the recoveries listed in the reference guide should work.

I can't boot into recovery because my phone got wiped and I dont have ROM manager anymore, nor do I have any way of getting it on to my phone (that I know of).

The only sort of recovery i can do is limited to what I originally posted

I've read on some other sites about using something called adb, but i don't know what that is =/

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't boot into recovery because my phone got wiped and I dont have ROM manager anymore, nor do I have any way of getting it on to my phone (that I know of).

The only sort of recovery i can do is limited to what I originally posted

I've read on some other sites about using something called adb, but i don't know what that is =/

Turn off fone. When fone is off hold the home+volume up+power till u get to the lg logo

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Turn off fone. When fone is off hold the home+volume up+power till u get to the lg logo

doint that brings me to the blue menus i mentioned before. from there I haven't been able to do anything but install sdcard/update.zip
I've tried saving a good recovery file to my sdcard as update.zip, i've also tried saving the gapps file as update.zip on my sdcard, but when i click on sdcard/update.zip it says installation aborted. every time

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
doint that brings me to the blue menus i mentioned before. from there I haven't been able to do anything but install sdcard/update.zip
I've tried saving a good recovery file to my sdcard as update.zip, i've also tried saving the gapps file as update.zip on my sdcard, but when i click on sdcard/update.zip it says installation aborted. every time

If you want to do anything with your phone, you need to learn how to use adb. Follow the stickied rooting guide to get all the necessary drivers and files. You don't need to actually root. Once you have adb and the drivers installed, connect your phone to your pc with the usb cable. Open command prompt and navigate to the folder that contains adb.exe. From there you can use follow this from step 3: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...ks/73168-how-install-roms-your-new-phone.html

Once the recovery is flashed, you can use the button combo discussed in this thread to boot into it and flash your rom and google apps again.

This is why I think rom manager is a bad idea. You've jumped to rom installing without having the tools to recover when something goes wrong.

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If you want to do anything with your phone, you need to learn how to use adb. Follow the stickied rooting guide to get all the necessary drivers and files. You don't need to actually root. Once you have adb and the drivers installed, connect your phone to your pc with the usb cable. Open command prompt and navigate to the folder that contains adb.exe. From there you can use follow this from step 3: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...ks/73168-how-install-roms-your-new-phone.html

Once the recovery is flashed, you can use the button combo discussed in this thread to boot into it and flash your rom and google apps again.

This is why I think rom manager is a bad idea. You've jumped to rom installing without having the tools to recover when something goes wrong.

yeah, I wish I hadn't tried to flash any roms, i was happy with just the extra features like wifi tethering.

I opened command prompt and typed in "C:\android\platform-tools\adb.exe" which gave me a whole list of possible commands

I then typed in "adb shell" like it says in the How-To guide but nothing happens, this comes up

C:\Users\Matt>adb shell
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong. My phone IS plugged in to my computer, I DO have USB debugging on. I have tried this both connecting the phone as mass storage and without connecting it as mass storage, both gave me the same result.

I have also typed in
C:\Users\matt>-d adb shell
and
C:\Users\matt>adb shell-d
and all other possible small variations.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I can start my phone and have the stock os show up, just without any google apps.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You need to start adb from the command window first.
C:\Users\matt>-d adb.exe
If that is where the adb program is located. After that you should get a command prompt with #. Then you can start with your adb commands.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i'm not able to install anything from my sd card because i dont have ROM manager anymore. when i restart my phone it just restarts, it doesn't go to the orange menus. If i do a hard reset blue menus come up but the only option to install from sdcard is sdcard/update.zip
i've tried saving the gapps as update.zip and installing it this way but it wont work

to boot to cwm recovery you hold the volume down, home and power button.
That should get you to cwm recovery then you can instal or recover to a nanadroid backup.
You DID do a nanadroid right? RIGHT?

Also while trying to do the adb commands make sure you have usb debuggin turned on.

menu>setting>applications>developement: then select usb debugging.

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
to boot to cwm recovery you hold the volume down, home and power button.
That should get you to cwm recovery then you can instal or recover to a nanadroid backup.
You DID do a nanadroid right? RIGHT?

Also while trying to do the adb commands make sure you have usb debuggin turned on.

menu>setting>applications>developement: then select usb debugging.

I did make a backup. When i hold down volume down, home and power button, it brings me to the blue menus i talked about before, not the standard cwm recovery. I have no option to restore. only to install sdcard/update.zip
I've tried saving the recovery/backup i had on my computer as update.zip and putting them on the sdcard. but when i click install sdcard/update.zip, it just brings me to the stock os with no google apps.

For further clarification, I've now read on multiple threads to never ever do a factory reset through the phone settings, which i did a while ago. since I did this, is there no chance at saving my phone?
I've been trying with the adb stuff but it won't work

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Edit for others reading this: These instructions put aospCM7 ROM on your phone, you can choose other ROMs at step 9 so long as they are compatible with clockworkmod 3.x.x.x

You do NOT want to use the option to install update.zip, that is for LG updates.

You need a recovery file on your sdcard, try clockworkmod from here:
aospCWMod-VM670

You may as well put a custom ROM on at the same time, so download aospCM7 here:
http://romshare.deployfu.com/downloads/322/225/aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

You will need gapps to get the market working, so download it here as well:
gapps

You have several methods by which to put these files on your phone:

1) If you can boot up your phone, hook it up to your computer's usb port and choose to turn on USB storage, then drag the files from your computer onto your sdcard

edit: 1-2) If you have a USB card reader on your pc or a USB sleeve, you can put the files on your SDCard like any other SDCard

2) If your phone doesn't boot up, you will have to use adb, if you haven't already, download the Android SDK (you need the Java SDK first for the A-SDK to work)

A) Press the windows key on your computer and select run, then type cmd and press enter to open a command prompt
B) type cd c:/PATH_TO_ANDROID-SDK/PLATFORM-TOOLS (this is the folder that contains adb.exe)
C) type adb shell (this should give you a # sign, if not see the rooting sticky on how to use SuperOneClick to get a temp shell root)

edit: if you haven't already put the files on your sdcard, do the following:
type adb push c:/PATH_TO_aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip /sdcard/aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip
type adb push c:/PATH_TO_aospCWMod-VM670-20110601.img /sdcard/aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img
type adb push c:/PATH_TO_gapps-gb-20110503-signed.zip /sdcard/gapps-gb-20110503-signed.zip

D) type the following at the # prompt
a) su
b) mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
c) flash_image recovery /sdcard/aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img
d) reboot recovery

3) Once in recovery, you should have more than 4 options, if not then something went wrong

4) Choose wipe cache

5) Choose advanced>>wipe dalvik cache

6) Back in the main recovery menu choose mounts, and then choose to format
A) data
B) cache
C) boot
D) system

7) Back in the main recovery menu, choose install from sdcard

8) Choose select zip from sdcard (DO NOT CHOOSE UPDATE ZIP)

9) Select asopCM7-VM670-20110601-signed.zip (it will take 5-10 minutes, be patient)

10) Select gapps (it will go faster)

11) Back in the main recovery menu, choose reboot system now

The reboot will take along time since it is rebuilding everything, be patient, don't unplug anything.

Once it reboots, you should be running the latest gingerbread port for the Optimus V thanks to asopbot and the devs at CyanogenMod7

Last edited:
Reactions: paul.thomas

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
som extra info
I have the .apk for rommanager
and for each of the google apps on the sd card of my phone
i also have the gapps.zip file

I am trying to remote install them using adb, this is what I'm typing, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

# install gapps.zip
(this comes up)
install gapps.zip
BusyBox v1.17.2 <2010-09-05 3:37:08 CDT> multi-call binary.

Usage: install [-cdDsp] [-o USER] [-g GRP] [-m MODE] [SOURC]... DEST

Copy files and set attributes

Options:
-c just copy <default>
-d Create directories
-D Create leading target directories
-s Strip symbol table
-p Preserve date
-o USER Set ownership
-g GRP Set group owner ship
-m MODEo Set permissions

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
1) If you can boot up your phone, hook it up to your computer's usb port and choose to turn on USB storage, then drag the files from your computer onto your sdcard

a) su
d) reboot recovery

in step c) the file you had me download is a zip file. should i put .zip at the end instead of .img

when i try typing it with .img at the end command prompt tells me that directory doesn't exist

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
in step c) the file you had me download is a zip file. should i put .zip at the end instead of .img

when i try typing it with .img at the end command prompt tells me that directory doesn't exist

The file for step c) is the aospCWMod file, it is downloaded from the link I posted as an img file, not a zip file. Here's the link again:
aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img

You must put it on your sdcard.

The aospCMod zip file is the ROM.

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You do NOT want to use the option to install update.zip, that is for LG updates.

You need a recovery file on your sdcard, try clockworkmod from here:
aospCWMod-VM670

You may as well put a custom ROM on at the same time, so download aospCM7 here:
http://romshare.deployfu.com/downloads/322/225/aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

You will need gapps to get the market working, so download it here as well:
gapps

You have several methods by which to put these files on your phone:

2) If your phone doesn't boot up, you will have to use adb,
A) Press the windows key on your computer and select run, then type cmd and press enter to open a command prompt
B) type cd c:/PATH_TO_ANDROID-SDK/PLATFORM-TOOLS (this is the folder that contains adb.exe)
C) type adb shell (this should give you a # sign, if not see the rooting sticky on how to use SuperOneClick to get a temp shell root)
a) su
d) reboot recovery

3) Once in recovery, you should have more than 4 options, if not then something went wrong

4) Choose wipe cache

5) Choose advanced>>wipe dalvik cache

6) Back in the main recovery menu choose mounts, and then choose to format
A) data
B) cache
C) boot
D) system

7) Back in the main recovery menu, choose install from sdcard

8) Choose select zip from sdcard (DO NOT CHOOSE UPDATE ZIP)

9) Select asopCM7-VM670-20110601-signed.zip (it will take 5-10 minutes, be patient)

10) Select gapps (it will go faster)

11) Back in the main recovery menu, choose reboot system now

The reboot will take along time since it is rebuilding everything, be patient, don't unplug anything.

Once it reboots, you should be running the latest gingerbread port for the Optimus V thanks to asopbot and the devs at CyanogenMod7

thank you sooo sooo sooooooo much you just saved me $200

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34