Boot Loop

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So, I was stupid enough to reset my phone using the phones default factory reset. I got into a boot loop with clockwork recovery flasher. After about 20 hours of research, I finally manage to get the ThunderC recovery on my phone. With that, I tried wiping everything (not including my sdcard) and tried flashing zip from sd card. I am still in the bootloop to the ThunderC recovery. I have absolutely no idea what to do next. Any help?

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So, I ran cmd and went to android/android-sdk/platform-tools
Then, I ran adb shell.
Then, I ran the command:
adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8
But, I get an error "/shbin/sh: adb: not found"
Should I just run the next command:?

adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8

You either run "adb shell" and then "strings /dev/mtd/mtd8" followed by "flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8" OR you run it as one big command "adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8" followed by "adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8"

"adb.exe" is the windows application. "strings" is an android bin. "adb shell" logs you into android through the adb shell. Once you are in the adb shell, there is no need to use "adb". "adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8" says to run the single command "strings /dev/mtd/mtd8" through adb shell but to not leave you logged into it.

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so this is what I did.

First, I opened CMD and went to adb.exe file.
Then, I ran adb shell.
Then, I typed strings /dev/mtd/metd8 and I got FACT_RESET_3
Then, I ran flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8 and I get error "/sbin/sh: flash_eraseall: not found".

What now?

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried reopening cmd and typing flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8, but I still get the same error.

EDIT: I tried putting thunderc 1.2.0 because I realized I had only 1.1.0 or 1.0.1. Now, the computer wont recognize my phone anymore. What should I do?

Also, ThunderC 1.2.0, the select button is the settings button (most left button) instead of the menu button. Not sure how that happened.

Last edited:

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Sweet mother of cow, I fixed it!~!!$)(*@*$)(@%&@(*%@)(%&@)( *inserts excitement*
I found this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html
Right when I typed "reboot recovery", it restarted and went into the recovery and did something. (went by too fast to notice). After it finished, it rebooted and went into the phone.

I literally jumped up and down and screamed like a little girl from excitement. THANK YOU Xionia!!!!!!!!!

If anyone needs help with this also, just go to the link above and install that. If you need farther help, add me on steam "csslete" and I will give you a hand. :)