Help Getting My Lg optimus out of ClockworkMod Recovery Boot Loop!!!!

mr.faceman23

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
you cant be specific and ask for a step by step guide and ask people to help you most take it as an insult its called get what help you can...i suggest this tho
download and flash This. first flash the xionia recovery then flash the Rom...Remember Wipe everything but the sd card dont forget to erase caches hope this helps

Last edited:

BoshWadeJames

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
you can be specific and ask for a step by step guide and ask people to help you i suggest this tho
download and flash Thisl. first flash the xionia recovery then flash the Rom...Remember Wipe everything but the sd card dont forget the caches hope this helps
okay see thats jus the thing i dont know how to flash and thanks alot but can u tell me how to flash?

Deous nutas

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help Getting My Lg optimus out of ClockworkMod Recovery Boot

i was in that same situation... i flashed xionia, but it only made things worse... im now in a LG boot loop..

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I've got one Optimus "V" that is stuck on the LG splash screen. I'm going to check out a thread that I was directed to and do some research and the try it on my paperweight. If it works I'll let you know what to do.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Just so we know where we are starting from what did you do to get your phone to where it is.

Like: What method did you use to root? or did you just download ROM tools and tired to flash something without getting a proper root.

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

ROM Tools and ROM Manager = fail.

Do it through ADB. If you're messing around with rooting and ROMs you need to learn it anyway.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

ROM Tools and ROM Manager = fail.

Do it through ADB. If you're messing around with rooting and ROMs you need to learn it anyway.

Completely agree all these oneclick programs and other things like that make it easier but unfortunate they don't make it noob proof for people who don't bother to read on how or what not to do.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Completely agree all these oneclick programs and other things like that make it easier but unfortunate they don't make it noob proof for people who don't bother to read on how or what not to do.
And Ive been saying this for what now four months? heh

I really think they are awesome for experienced users but for the noob, it makes it so the seasoned people are bombarded with thread after thread of the exact same thing.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Why dose it seem like lately there is a HUGE influx of these thread is what I wonder.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Why dose it seem like lately there is a HUGE influx of these thread is what I wonder.

I touched on this in another thread..

Remember when we had the dreamscape malware thing? Google patched the exploit people were using to do this and in turn it patched a lot of one click method root. I believe a lot of the current people bricking their phone is because of this. I would bet the new phones are shipped with the patched version of Froyo. Therefore the super one click method breaks the phone as the exploit doesnt work properly.

I also think that is why those methods have "disappeared" from the forums as of late.

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I touched on this in another thread..

Remember when we had the dreamscape malware thing? Google patched the exploit people were using to do this and in turn it patched a lot of one click method root. I believe a lot of the current people bricking their phone is because of this. I would bet the new phones are shipped with the patched version of Froyo. Therefore the super one click method breaks the phone as the exploit doesnt work properly.

I also think that is why those methods have "disappeared" from the forums as of late.

Indeed, I think SuperOneClick doesn't root the Optimus V running 2.2.2. I think people are doing it with Gingerbreak. (Don't quote me on this. Probably mistaken, usually am.) I've put researching the V on the back burner seeing as I've got mine right about where I want it. I've moved on to researching other devices.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I think most of the problem lies in there using the Root Button on the SuperOneclick v1.6.3.0 found in ROMTools mistakenly thinking this will give them a good permanent Root, instead of using the Shell Root button and then pushing su and Busybox with a command prompt

jamisonmorris

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

My phone is looping into ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.1 every time I boot it. I accidentally formatted my SD Card and wiped my original backup after doing a factory reset due to data connection issues, but the problem that I can't seem to resolve is that no matter what method I try, and I've tried many, my phone boots into the Clockwork. Even if I successfully flash a rom, kernel, and my stock recovery. The only error that has occurred at all is when I try to either format or mount /sd-ext. Can someone please help me it would be much appreciated, I have tried been trying to find a solution for almost 16 hours straight now with no luck. My device is an Lg Optimus V and I also am not covered by my warranty anymore.

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

@jamisonmorris,
Try flashing the Xionia recovery xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.rar
There is a setting (I think in advanced) for fixing boot loop. Try this, and then reboot your phone. If it fixes it, you can then go back to clockworkmod recovery 3.2.0.1

brandenmikal

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

I have the same issue.

RIGHT now actually :/

Hopefully I can fix it. If not, I'll have to return the phone to VM and lie my butt off.