Z4root gone bye bye?

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What has happened to Z4root? After considerable research I decided to root my OV 2.2.1 using
Z4root. When I went to download it Icould not find it readily available. It seemed to be very popular, and readily usable by those of us that are only slightly enlightened. Is it no longer at the top of the heap?

If not could someone point me to a well tested sustitute with a similar handy "unroot" feature.

I am not particularly interested in overclock or version upgrade at this time, but would like to maximize battery, reduce the crapware, and do some simple UI improvements; while maintaining a good backup and restore capability.

P. S.: I was finally able to download a copy to my computer, and transfer it to my phone. The program installs, but when activated will not complete the root process. I suspect Virgin may have closed the door on that program.
I would appreciate a little help in finding a similar well tested program and/or any relevent comments..

Thanks in advance.

Cbill

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Do a search for gingerbreak. It works like Z4root, an app you install and run on your phone. It will give you root, but I think you may still need to download and install busybox z and superuser. It is discussed in this forum and on xda. Oh, and it also has the option to unroot.

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Do a search for gingerbreak. It works like Z4root, an app you install and run on your phone. It will give you root, but I think you may still need to download and install busybox z and superuser. It is discussed in this forum and on xda. Oh, and it also has the option to unroot.
Thanks "Riggerman" I will check it out.

Cbill

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Or you can use SuperOneClick and adb to push the busybox and su files. SuperOneClick uses z4root and psnueter.
Thanks Jerry! Ifeel more comfortable with "SuperOneClick". I have watched it on YouTube, and those that use it seem happy with it. If it has a good "Recovery" system then I will seriously consider it. You state it uses Z4root so that makes me feel good. Do you have a source recommendation?

Cbill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX