1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Bumblebee

Default SMS APP Question...

I was thinking it would be awesome to have a SMS app that would look just like a terminal. The old school green screen terminal. All one screen no input box or anything.

Hyruu>Hey, want to go to the game?
    Hyruu2>Sure man, lets go.

And the conversation's look like that with an all black and green color. At the bottom all you see is your name and a flashing ">". Does anyone know one like this or can someone explain how I can create this myself?

Quote Originally Posted by hyruu View Post
    I was thinking it would be awesome to have a SMS app that would look just like a terminal. The old school green screen terminal. All one screen no input box or anything.

And the conversation's look like that with an all black and green color. At the bottom all you see is your name and a flashing ">". Does anyone know one like this or can someone explain how I can create this myself?
    best thing I can think of is to use GO SMS and use the theme maker to make everything black except text and make the font a monospace or something.

but it wont look like that format and it will still have a text box and stuff.

android is open source, learn to code, and go make that app!

Quote Originally Posted by hyruu View Post

I love that idea. We can only hope a dev thinks so too. Makes me think back to the days of BBSing.
    nin

ROM
    Harmonia 1.2

Just tried it with Handcent and was only able to make it black background, green text, line by line.

Can't make the ">" let alone make it blink. The input box is there, the top bar with the contact name is there. Of course this is with an already made app, your best bet will be making or finding a developer to make an app like it.

I actually thought it was starting to look cool though as I made it.
    nin

ROM
    Harmonia 1.2

This is what I meant on handcent, looking at it on the phone it seems way cooler than the screenshot, especially when the page is full of text (multiple line sms's). And with your ideas it could definitely be a nice app if done right.

ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

Ooh I like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Bumblebee

Well I guess it's time to study. I will let you guys know when it's done.