[How To] Fix "Most" Boot Loop Issues Caused By Factory Reset

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you accidentally caused your phone to go into an infinite boot loop into your recovery using LG's factory reset?
This should fix it.

Flash the Xionia Recovery: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

Here is the recovery in zip form if you want to flash it through your custom recovery: Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip

If you still have the boot loop or if you were already on Xionia and reinstalling it doesn't fix it, try these commands with adb:

Code:
adb shell strings /dev/mtd/mtd8
adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8

If nothing I said makes sense, read through this guide to learn about adb (through the root guide) and flashing recoveries.

I should say that I have never gone through this, but I confirmed that this works through one very frustrated OV owner.

Once you have the boot loop issue solved, you may need to reinstall your rom.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

BoshWadeJames

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you accidentally caused your phone to go into an infinite boot loop using LG's factory reset?
This should fix it.

Flash the Xionia Recovery: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

Here is the recovery in zip form if you want to flash it through your custom recovery: Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip

If you still have the boot loop or if you were already on Xionia and reinstalling it doesn't fix it, try these commands with adb:

Code:

If nothing I said makes sense, read through this guide to learn about adb (through the root guide) and flashing recoveries.

I should say that I have never gone through this, but I confirmed that this works through one very frustrated OV owner.

Enjoy!
Yes, I'am the fustrated OV owner guy and I got to say it was HELL! If your going thru that ritenow I know your pain But, if you want help there's no one that (I've) talk too and I'd talked to quite a few people about this probelm But, he's the only one that solve the probelm for me THANKS "MMARZ" and those that tryed to help But, this guy solved it for me AWESOME!

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
How do you send adb commands if you can't go and turn on debug mode in the application menu because it's stuck in recovery mode?

You should have a custom recovery that allows you to connect to the computer. I am not sure if debug mode is turned on also.

jamespeck5

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
You should have a custom recovery that allows you to connect to the computer. I am not sure if debug mode is turned on also.

I have the RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM custom recovery. I can't seem to get adb working with it.

And thank you for the quick response. :)

Last edited:

cyberjess

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you accidentally caused your phone to go into an infinite boot loop into your recovery using LG's factory reset?
This should fix it.

Code:

Enjoy!
OK, I loaded the zipped file : Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip, and let my CMW to unzipped it within my LG Optimus V. Now all I see is this blue screen ( My phone got out of the never ending loop of showing the LG logo!!!) and on the upper left corner has this message that doesn't make sense to me:
Fastboot mode started
gpio_12c: invalid khz :0
bl:i2cc write error
udc_start ( )

Now my phone is stuck in this screen.Also you mentioned:
"Once you have the boot loop issue solved, you may need to reinstall your rom."
Where can I get my rom? Remember, I lost everything after I used the factory reset, "Rom Manager" to a hold doing this process! I browse and google for my LG Optimus V rom, all I'm reading is about the other models like S, T, etc. Anymore help, please?

rpbeast33

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, I loaded the zipped file : Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip, and let my CMW to unzipped it within my LG Optimus V. Now all I see is this blue screen ( My phone got out of the never ending loop of showing the LG logo!!!) and on the upper left corner has this message that doesn't make sense to me:
Fastboot mode started
gpio_12c: invalid khz :0
bl:i2cc write error
udc_start ( )

i did the same thing and i really need help...like step by steps instruction

lilnorthup93

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, I am at a loss...everytime my phone reboots, it cycles through the factory reset where it says (in yellow script) to not pull out the battery, formatting data, formatting cache, etc...

THE GOOD:

-I have jerryscripts BACKside IHO Cyanogenmod Rom flashed and it will load, though everytime I reboot, I start all over, but I can get to everything; market, file managers, terminal emulator

-I can access the phones through ADB

THE BAD:

-tried every method I've come across so far in the last 8hrs STRAIGHT!!! cannot get into fastboot to make any repairs that call for the 'blue screen'

-tried to flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8, but the flash_eraseall file could not be found

-tried to flash the xionia recovery through terminal emulator with root access (which worked for me before when I was having problems rooting)

-ROMtools claimed to have flashed the xionia recovery, but when it rebooted, it simply went back through the factory reset and then loaded up BACKside IHO

I'm getting sick of going through the first boot setup on the rom, not to mention not being able to save anything I set up on it since it will be gone next time I reboot.

Is there any way to kill the factory recovery loop from the rom? ADB? Any way to push the right flash_eraseall file to where it needs to be to take out the /dev/mtd/mtd8 file that seemed to work for a couple other people?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and have all the propoer LG drivers installed and functioning properly.

I also have two Clockwork backups on my sd card if there is a way to load one of those from the rom or adb. One is the stock Froyo build (rooted) and the other is my first setup for the BACKside IHO rom.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
you can try, while booted into the rom, in terminal,
Code:
cat /dev/zero > /dev/mtd/mtd8
it should give you an out-of-memory error or something like that, or may just freeze terminal. if it freezes the terminal for more than a minute, just kill the terminal under settings>manage applications.
reboot to test.
that might work, or you can try the xionia recovery img from the blackscreen sticky... it's zefie's last release that I know of. It has a fix-bootloop option in advanced, and you can also use flash_eraseall from adb shell while booted into xionia. maybe your xionia img file is corrupted and so it won't flash.

Reactions: lilnorthup93

lilnorthup93

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, after a full day lost, all I was missing was ONE LITTLE LINE OF CODE!!! :'(

Just when I thought I was getting the hang of this stuff, I am humbled once more...there's always more to learn.

Everything back to normal and working perfectly; recovery, rom, nan backup, even usb (which was what I was trying to fix when I got into this mess).

Thank you much, squid, you've saved my phone and earned yourself some gratitude (once I can reload my PayPal).

Reactions: bigsupersquid

tunajelly

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a LG optimus V that is bootlooping. The LG Logo displays for 1-2 seconds then it restarts. I am only able to boot into emergency mode. I can not connect via ADB shell. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
try to spam [CODE}adb shell[/CODE] over and over, fast as you can, between reboots to see if it can connect at all.
emergency mode is worthless on the V.
have you tried the recovery key combo (hold vol dn+home then press and hold power as well, hold all 3 until after lg logo goes black) ?

natefalls

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Y'all helped me save my phone from the brink of brickness the other day, and then I decided I hated my new ROM (battery life was ass), so I just flashed a new one, following the directions to a T, including formatting everything in recovery thrice, and now I'm in an LG>black>LG>black loop.

I've tried:
-Xionia's "fix boot loop"
and
Code:
which returns "Erasing 128 Kibyty @160000 -- 91 % complete."

Does that mean it's not deleting the entire file? It was returning the same thing from my Linux box, and my friend's XP box presently.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok TheQuickShocker, you did everything wrong possible, not to make you feel worse about it, but for future reference, NEVER EVER EVER factory reset your phone from anything other than recovery... EVER. As you found out, it bricks phones. So the only thingies guess you can try to do is push a custom recovery onto the phone via adb.. lets see, there's gotta be stuff about that here somewhere

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

There is stickies in this forum and the main forum on how to fix the black screen. In short your not bricked but you used the wrong recovery. The newer Optimus V phones have a different screen and the recovery in CWM doesnt support our phone.

You posted in the thread that explains how to fix it. Take the time to read the thread and it will get you back more than likely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol