Flash for the Optimus V!!

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I was just looking through the CM7 post here and saw that pbailey212 posted a link to a flash player apk. The link is for an Xperia X8 forum on XDA, but there were a bunch of people saying that it worked on their Optimus Ones. Sice the V is essentially the same phone, will it really work? Credit goes to others for finding it, I just wanted to repost here to see if anyone wants to test it out.

(Link to CM7 post)
(Link to XDA Thread)

EDIT: Changed the title... For those just getting here, this is, indeed, a working flash apk for our Optimus V's. However, it is very laggy, and really only seems to work when on Wifi. Test away, and post your results here!

Last edited:

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It works I'm testing it out now. Trying youtube videos and it lags a lot. I can see the video loads but it doesn't play because it's too slow. Maybe other sites work.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

paul.thomas

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is this legit?

I'm running flash on the latest version of aosp. I don't have have the lag that KemikalElite does though. I got the apk a while ago so idk if i got it from the site mentioned but the file i downloaded is

Adobe Flash Player 10.1_10.1.61.68.apk

Just google "adobe flash .apk" and you can find one that works, the worst thing that'll happen is it won't install, I doubt your phone would get bricked.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site

my question is how is this possible if flash wasnt made for a armv6 cpu?

can you load .swf files in the browser with this????

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

my question is how is this possible if flash wasnt made for a armv6 cpu?

can you load .swf files in the browser with this????

the problem isn't the armv6, it's that adobe refuses to compile for the armv6 instruction set.
our msm7267 is very similar to the snapdragon chipset, just has a slightly reduced instruction set.

I couldn't open .flv from my sdcard with it (file:///sdcard/filename.flv) , I haven't tried .swf yet.
edit:yes, it played a test .swf from my sdcard!

jibjab.com works on mine with this! gingerbread required, from what I read in the linked thread.

make sure to thank blackode for finding this jewel, if it works for you!

I was so mad when I has a palm centro with a purchased kinoma player which claimed flash capability but it wouldn't open jibjab
three cheers to the person who found or decompiled flash source and recompiled it for armv6!

Last edited:

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site

well, I can admit it totally works. After installing the flash plugin, I downloaded a .SWF viewer and a .FLV player from the market and both flv videos and swf games played.

however, they played horribly slow and laggy with green "snow" all over and the colors were mostly greyscale on the videos. the swf games lagged too much to be playable, but otherwise looked fine.

AOSPCM7 480/806 min/max MHz fresh reboot, no apps running in background.

I think its a GREAT start to having flash on armv6, more work needs to be done to re compile the newer versions of flash for this cpu.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Sweet, thanks for posting this! This is great for non video sites that use flash.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

well, I can admit it totally works. After installing the flash plugin, I downloaded a .SWF viewer and a .FLV player from the market and both flv videos and swf games played.

however, they played horribly slow and laggy with green "snow" all over and the colors were mostly greyscale on the videos. the swf games lagged too much to be playable, but otherwise looked fine.

AOSPCM7 480/806 min/max MHz fresh reboot, no apps running in background.

I think its a GREAT start to having flash on armv6, more work needs to be done to re compile the newer versions of flash for this cpu.

might be the apps you got from market bogging it down. mine looked great in the browser with just the plugin, no snow, lag (except 3g lag), or color problems.
aospCmod 5/16 build.

maybe some goober at a***be will take notice and force an official release for the older chipset.
and maybe cows will fly right onto my plate at dinner, too...

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site

might be the apps you got from market bogging it down. mine looked great in the browser with just the plugin, no snow, lag (except 3g lag), or color problems.
aospCmod 5/16 build.

maybe some goober at a***be will take notice and force an official release for the older chipset.
and maybe cows will fly right onto my plate at dinner, too...

none of the files I had would open in either the stock browser or dolphin HD. not after fresh installing flash, and not after a reboot, and not after manually choosing that app to load the file. kept giving errors

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

none of the files I had would open in either the stock browser or dolphin HD. not after fresh installing flash, and not after a reboot, and not after manually choosing that app to load the file. kept giving errors

my testing so far is about 50/50 for what plays fine, and what force-closes the stock browser.
it really seems to want more bandwidth for videos than my 3g can provide on average (but I get pretty poor speeds generally, under 50Kb/sec.)
seems to work better for games than videos, and I get less FC's with the 'enable plugins' under browser settings set to 'on demand' rather than 'always on.'

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site

my testing so far is about 50/50 for what plays fine, and what force-closes the stock browser.
it really seems to want more bandwidth for videos than my 3g can provide on average (but I get pretty poor speeds generally, under 50Kb/sec.)
seems to work better for games than videos, and I get less FC's with the 'enable plugins' under browser settings set to 'on demand' rather than 'always on.'

mines set to on demand, also I am on a 3.8MB/s wifi connection.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site

m.mochigames.com has some games that work great on it. Only problem is it runs REALLY slow. Games like bloons tower defense that need to go relatively fast are just boring because you have to sit there for 10 minutes before 1 round finishes.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

For those having keyboard troubles, I used Tasker to map the search button to toggle the on screen keyboard instead. To hide the keyboard, I hold down the keyboards hide button.

aznrunner1881

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Thank you sir. I've been looking everywhere for something like this. I can finally look up at my other smartphone-wielding companions and say I HAVE FLASH TOO. Oh, and it works btw

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
What's the requirements do you need Gingerbread?

Can someone post the APK?

jack454 a few posts back said it worked on bumblebee, which is definitely froyo.
the apk is posted on xda, there is a link in the OP.
it's no biggie to register for an account there to be able to download.