Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post HTC One charging

Hi

Wondering if someone could tell me he best way to charge my HTC One
    I was first under the impression that I should charge my phone when it is between 40% and 80% but I contacted HTC over live chat and they convinced me to perform a complete discharge below 10% and all the way to 100% every time i charge it.
    I'm really not sure what to do I've read a few articles that all say to charge the device before it gets to 50% and only discharge and full charge again one a month.
    I have no idea what to do please help.

Thanks

Default Re: HTC One charging

There's a lot of chatter about monthly discharges and how long you should wait to charge and what not. Honestly I charge my note 2 almost every night and depending on the day it's around 3-45%.

I do drain the battery down to 1 once in a while and I've never seen an issue or any signs of battery stats declining.

Sent from Xperia Note
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I know i probably shouldn't worry so much about the battery because its a Li-polymer battery but HTC also said that it would damage the battery if I didn't charge the phone from under 10% to 100% so just a bit worried.

The HTC live chatter's knowledge about Li-based batteries might not be up-to-date ... have a look at this thread ...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3118108
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Had a look at the link and others would you say charging the phone when it's at 50%? And is it ok to charge to 100% every time or not

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

The agent was not correct. Your battery performs best when full. Deep discharges which is letting the battery get low puts more strain on the battery in the long run.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Well you got advice straight from the horse's mouth. I would say go with what HTC said. I have found that battery improves after a few discharges, and full charges. I.e. Below 10% then back to 100%. Other than that I charge it at whatever it's at if I need to. E.g. if it's at 60% and I know I'm going out I will charge it to whatever more so I don't run out. Obviously if you are playing music, using a lot of apps, and generally playing with your phone the battery will drain fast. Also check what is syncing, and only sync what is necessary as that will help battery life a lot. Check what apps are running in the background. Some apps run all the time, when you do not need them. You just have to bare in mind that smartphones now are powerful, so naturally they use a lot of battery power. Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app